It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Obviously a "Thread Killer"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I need advice from my seasoned ATS friends. It seems to me that every single time I respond to a thread there are never any replies after that. I have came to the following conclusions..

1) I arrive at the thread too late, after everyone has already said what they have to say.

or

2) I am a thread killer.

I am trying so hard to be an active part of ATS and present knowledgeable well thought out responses, but it never goes anywhere. No one ever debates me. Ever.

No one ever says...you were wrong and here is why. All I get is **crickets**

I do not want to be the ATS thread killer. Advice? Anyone??

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Embrace it! Look up Threadkillers Anonymous and join. I'd post a link but I don't have the time right now.

That's a thread that's been going on for a long time now on ATS btw... it hasn't been able to be killed yet.
edit on 4/26/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

No, by all means, keep killing threads its fine.

Some these threads actually deserve to be put out of their misery.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Quote the bible in every post, those guys tend to get a fair mount of replies...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I know how you feel, my post is the end of soooo many threads. I have felt just like you!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

You are absolutely wrong! I dare you to provide hard evidence that you are indeed a thread killer. I have seen posts after yours in a few threads and I demand proof. Pics or it didn't happen! (Feel better now?
)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
I need advice from my seasoned ATS friends. It seems to me that every single time I respond to a thread there are never any replies after that. I have came to the following conclusions..

1) I arrive at the thread too late, after everyone has already said what they have to say.

or

2) I am a thread killer.

I am trying so hard to be an active part of ATS and present knowledgeable well thought out responses, but it never goes anywhere. No one ever debates me. Ever.

No one ever says...you were wrong and here is why. All I get is **crickets**

I do not want to be the ATS thread killer. Advice? Anyone??

Agree with everything no matter how silly it sounds....

I get the same, i dont take it to heart, lots of people on here dont like differing opinions, if you disagree with them they gang up like playground bullies, its the internet, dont take it to heart

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Quote the bible in every post, those guys tend to get a fair mount of replies...

Boncho...A man of few words but an abundance of wisdom.

God Luvs Ya Baby!!!!

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by k21968

You are absolutely wrong! I dare you to provide hard evidence that you are indeed a thread killer. I have seen posts after yours in a few threads and I demand proof. Pics or it didn't happen! (Feel better now?
)
''

Now THAT made me laugh. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
reply to post by k21968

No, by all means, keep killing threads its fine.

Some these threads actually deserve to be put out of their misery.

Funny! I agree and I usually stay away from those. IT is the ones I am really interested in that really bothers me when I kill it without trying.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

reply to post by k21968

)

Not EVERY thread...I exaggerated a little. But enough to make me go hmmmm.

Pics? I am so tech challenged....I would love to but I am playing the dumb card. LOL

You really made me laugh! Thank you!!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Perhaps your responses are so good there's nothing left to say!!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Probably just jumping in too late, and maybe it is because of the type of threads you are choosing? Some topics are discussed more than others...

I know this seems like strange advice from someone with so little posts but I have actually been here a while and forgot my login so need to start again...

Btw try posting threads with really good info and getting crickets, had that a few times now! lol

I certainly wouldn't take it personal...

You will have a row with someone soon enough I'm sure lol

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Oh it isnt even when I disagree that it happens, it is when someone asks a question and I dig for the info and post it then..NOTHING.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

reply to post by k21968

)

Not EVERY thread...I exaggerated a little. But enough to make me go hmmmm.

Pics? I am so tech challenged....I would love to but I am playing the dumb card. LOL

You really made me laugh! Thank you!!

Or the sympathy card? Dun Dun Duuuuuuuuun... Hmmmmm indeed lol

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

reply to post by AmberLeaf

Oh it isnt even when I disagree that it happens, it is when someone asks a question and I dig for the info and post it then..NOTHING.

That's called De-Bunking.

Keep it up!

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I'm sure we've all been guilty of being thread killers before. There is no shame, we are special!
Okay, maybe special ed. but we try doggone it!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

That happens to me sometimes as well. Most of the time it's because I am responding to threads way too late or, I notice that the thread itself is garbage and I feel sorry for the person so I try to write a little something to let them know someone stopped by.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

No worries.

Sometimes when one states the plain and painful obvious - there's nothing left to do but reflect.

And when one is wide awake and has a sharp view of reality, it often causes those around them to pause and reflect.

As they should...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I think all the previous posters advice was likely better, but if you're a teensy bit egocentric and a little more delusional - like me - just nod your head at your MyATS menu and say, "Yes, I said that well. I see why you have no response, ATS. Thank you, I am fabulous."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join