It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Obviously a "Thread Killer"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Wise words my friend. I concur. There's probably very little anyone can add to this thread after such an enlightened response, so I will just end this thread by saying three little words that we don't hear very often on ATS or anywhere else for that matter.

I killed this thread.

Edit: just to add that I have killed other threads in the past.Does that make me a serial threadkiller?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I take it as a point of pride when I look down my subscribed list and see a majority of them still have my name on as most recent poster. And then, one day, bam! Somebody finds the thread and comments on it. Currently I only hold 2 of the 24 spots on my Subscribed Threads list but there have definitely been times where I held the majority.

Depending on how I feel about that particular post in terms of making my point I either think that I made a really good point/argument and there was nothing to add or nobody that could make a stronger counterargument, or that it was just a thread that people lost interest in, or it was buried either by time or a sea of threads on a similar topic.

I wouldn't take it personally.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

That's called De-Bunking.

Keep it up!

Peace

I never considered that as even an option! I figured the de-bunkers are the ones who catch all the flack and everyone debates them profusely because they shoot the OP down... I don't always shoot it down, sometimes I add data to it to help them prove their argument. ( I love data and numbers)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halekoch
reply to post by k21968

I think all the previous posters advice was likely better, but if you're a teensy bit egocentric and a little more delusional - like me - just nod your head at your MyATS menu and say, "Yes, I said that well. I see why you have no response, ATS. Thank you, I am fabulous."

Well, I think I am quite fabulous.
So that HAS to be it!! Loved your response!!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi
reply to post by kosmicjack

Wise words my friend. I concur. There's probably very little anyone can add to this thread after such an enlightened response, so I will just end this thread by saying three little words that we don't hear very often on ATS or anywhere else for that matter.

I killed this thread.

Edit: just to add that I have killed other threads in the past.Does that make me a serial threadkiller?
'

Bwahaha. Serial thread killer. Dang I wish I could change my user name!! Love it!!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Being ignored in a thread about being ignored... Does that mean I'm super uber awesome?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by snaz31

I didnt mean to ignore you. I am sorry.

But I think you might've just killed this one. LOL

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What has worked for me:

Be abrasive and sarcastic.(in a tastful and intelligent manner)
Use part of your respondent's signature quoto and/or other parts of their reply as part of your ire ridden sarcastic and highly opinionated response.
Look at thier "location" if your lucky they will put one in (mine is Cocoa Beach for example), that is another little nugget that you can use in your response referring to their place of origin for their "simple, skewed or ignorant" response.
Use big bombastic, obscure words.
By all means use those faces and thumbs on the right! (that is the icing on the cake sometimes)
Be sincere and passonate in your response.
and lastly after your exchange or, hopefully exchanges, have run their natural course.........
End on a high note by finding common ground "agreeing to disagree" and generally acknowledging that you have respect/and or consideration for your "banter partners" beliefs or character

I often sign of with "peace and love, grubblesnert"
or, "thank you for allowing me to cyberbabble"
I will use both this time..................

P.S. never be afraid to admit when your wrong, acknowledge the logic of a oponents argument or apologize if your feel you've crossed the line with an overly caustic or foolish response.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert
What has worked for me:

Be abrasive and sarcastic.(in a tastful and intelligent manner)
Use part of your respondent's signature quoto and/or other parts of their reply as part of your ire ridden sarcastic and highly opinionated response.
Look at thier "location" if your lucky they will put one in (mine is Cocoa Beach for example), that is another little nugget that you can use in your response referring to their place of origin for their "simple, skewed or ignorant" response.
Use big bombastic, obscure words.
By all means use those faces and thumbs on the right! (that is the icing on the cake sometimes)
Be sincere and passonate in your response.
and lastly after your exchange or, hopefully exchanges, have run their natural course.........
End on a high note by finding common ground "agreeing to disagree" and generally acknowledging that you have respect/and or consideration for your "banter partners" beliefs or character

I often sign of with "peace and love, grubblesnert"
or, "thank you for allowing me to cyberbabble"
I will use both this time..................

P.S. never be afraid to admit when your wrong, acknowledge the logic of a oponents argument or apologize if your feel you've crossed the line with an overly caustic or foolish response.

I think you missed my entire point. I do not like to cause friction. That is not my intent. I like to participate and debate. I just want to learn everything I can about the threads I post responses in, so I want someone to challenge me to think deeper or see it from another side, or say "you missed this.." or "look at this" or make me see it from another angle. That is how we learn.

I have no place in my world for confrontation and arguments and sarcasm.

Well, I take that back..I can be sarcastic. I just do not want friction. Sarcasm in fun...not anger.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

No worries I loved the irony and now you have ruined it! lol... Only kiddin, I'm a wind up merchant most of the time so I am used to being ignored lol...

I will prepare the funeral for your thread... Do you prefer any particular flowers and grave stones?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by snaz31
reply to post by k21968

No worries I loved the irony and now you have ruined it! lol... Only kiddin, I'm a wind up merchant most of the time so I am used to being ignored lol...

I will prepare the funeral for your thread... Do you prefer any particular flowers and grave stones?

LOL I am allergic to flowers so just plant a tree and as for the grave stone...save the money. Just cremate me and have an ATs party!!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Why is everybody answering, it would have been really funny, if nobody answered this thread

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

Originally posted by snaz31
reply to post by k21968

LOL I am allergic to flowers so just plant a tree and as for the grave stone...save the money. Just cremate me and have an ATs party!!

Cremation is a heathen belief, that holds no place in any kind of society with any brains at all, everyone knows there are not gods, there is only one GOD!!

AND I AM HE!!!!

Ok now back to reality, I have just made the kind of over the top ignorance ridden statement that just begs a reply, though I will likely just ignore anyone who does reply, and simply make another nonsensical reply totally ignoring any and all points brought up in the reply.

This can be fun for passing the time if your bored, it is like number 13 I think in the net trolls guide being the best troll one can.

Now debate the merits of being a net troll with me for about a million posts, as I ignore all your replies.

It will never end until you get bored, as I will enjoy it the entire time. jk

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Ok you have totally solved the mystery for me. I am dumb. LOL I understood very little of your reply. I have Aspergers and can dish out sarcasm all day but do not understand it when it is given to me. I am assuming since I do not understand that was sarcasm. LOL

You solved my problem.

now if you could kindly put it in...umm for lack of a better term...blonde speak for me?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I tried really hard to focus on the content and intent of your reply be that Avatar of your is so disney all I could see before my eye's was Snow White with all those birds flying around her ( you should really consider changing that or, better yet going avatarless like me

Then there was this............."I have no place in my world for confrontation and arguments and sarcasm.

Well, I take that back..I can be sarcastic. I just do not want friction. Sarcasm in fun...not anger."

You, my dear blond hair, doe eyed, distracting, disney inspired avatar respondent, are a posting, responding contridiction. And, partially, herein lies you problem.
Threfore may I suggest:

Let it out! show your emotion. If your happy be happy. Angry be angry. Have contempt or distain for the asinine and ignorant view of a respondent or OP? Or rally to their cause and show your support! Let them know!

And please be advised.... It's ALL FUN! everybit of my sarcasm
And usually almost constantly my responses are filed with self-effacing nonsense or poinient directed intent. (and plenty of misspelling)

Lastly consider this: So far I have given your OP the two most detailed and sincere response of anyone.
So........That makes me your greatest thread supporter and lest likely to "kill a (your) thread" of anyone, including yourself.

**You may want to take a pointer or two
or three

Peace and love, learning, openmindness & sincere sincerity, grubblesnert

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Rumours of the death of this 'zombie like' thread have been greatly exaggerated it would seem.Largely thanks to some wicked banter and a cheeky feel good vibe.

The mystery remains,however.The cliffhanger of all ATS cliffhangers.

Which poster,if any, will finally manage to kill thread zombie?

Place your bets please ladies and gentlemen.Place your bets

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
Why is everybody answering, it would have been really funny, if nobody answered this thread
What! are you kiddin' me Jr?
This is OP needs some good solid time and field tested advice and guidance and I'm here to help him/her through their moment of pain and sorrow.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

My last avatar was Summer Gau and well that was distracting..I got replies like..."I cant think that avatar of yours is distracting" LOL

I tried to find an avatar that was me. I am very Disney like and believe it or not I am a happy go lucky kind of girl.
I need a new one...but cannot find one I like yet. I am working on it. Until then you are stuck with Disney.

How do I contradict my avatar? I am curious now...Do I sound mean and snarky or something? I hope not.

I am a very misunderstood person...I have Aspergers and it is a real challenge. People in general are a challenge for me. I am very smart...but...direct...and not meaning to be mean sometimes my words come out that way. IF ou aske me what I think of your new shirt and I think it is ugly well, I say, it is ugly. Then I realize the other person is hurt by it. I am brutally honest and it has caused me lots of problems with family and friends. My intentions are good. I just don't understand lying. I dont understand why one asks a question they really do not want the answer to. With me there is very little grey area. I see black and white. It is or it isn't. I thrive on numbers and data. I am a data analyst for a major corporation.
Socially though, I ask a lot of questions like "what did you mean by that" because i truly do not get it. Most people live in the grey area of their brains and I dont have one. I truly dont get it and it offends people. Sarcasm is something I am learning to recognize but learning to use myself to avoid conflict with others.

I am a stickler for rules. If you tell me a rule, i follow it. I simply am not programmed to break it. My brain is seriously wired wrong.

link   

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi
Rumours of the death of this 'zombie like' thread have been greatly exaggerated it would seem.Largely thanks to some wicked banter and a cheeky feel good vibe.

The mystery remains,however.The cliffhanger of all ATS cliffhangers.

Which poster,if any, will finally manage to kill thread zombie?

Place your bets please ladies and gentlemen.Place your bets
Starred you on that one man!

link   

edit on 26-4-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join