It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bungie Destiny

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

Don't expect a massive amount of content to be released. In fact you already have it, it is just hidden behind a pay wall.

Proof

As a note, all of these activities have been leaked already through destinytracker.com 's database, it's just now that we know it is partially on disc.

What's even worse is that you are able to glitch yourself into some of these places on Earth and see enemies in them.

The first DLC will include 4-5 missions, 2 strikes(one on earth, one on Mars), 1 raid(on Moon) and 3 crucible maps.

Second DLC there is less details but I assume again 4-5 missions, 2 strikes, and 1 raid(which takes place in the reef)

Of course I am being a whiny bitch about getting ripped off.

edit on 29-9-2014 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

I certainly hope that's not the way they plan on going about it, if that's the case, I'm glad I've got preorders on the way.

"Nice of them to charge you extra to play content you already have in a content starved game. "

I think that fellow from the neogaf forum hit the nail on the head right there. For now, I'll probably join the 'I'm hoping it's not true' crowd and see what happens with the first DLC. That will be the deciding point for me.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Don't truncate a comment and change the meaning. If people want a thread to rant about Destiny they're welcome to; mine was created to be positive.

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: RadarOReilly

If not, create a thread on ATS

Hey what a great idea, a thread about Bungie Destiny,

Wait a sec

Look where we are, well what do you know,

These are the same whiny "truthful unbiased opinions" that would complain that I'm "only" a C cup.

Ohhh my oh my... you couldn't be sooooo far off base with that comment, in my personal opinion.

Yeah I might have had a few complaints, overall when I got to play my opinion is its great, awesome and very immersive.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doom and Gloom

Don't expect a massive amount of content to be released. In fact you already have it, it is just hidden behind a pay wall.

Proof

As a note, all of these activities have been leaked already through destinytracker.com 's database, it's just now that we know it is partially on disc.

What's even worse is that you are able to glitch yourself into some of these places on Earth and see enemies in them.

The first DLC will include 4-5 missions, 2 strikes(one on earth, one on Mars), 1 raid(on Moon) and 3 crucible maps.

Second DLC there is less details but I assume again 4-5 missions, 2 strikes, and 1 raid(which takes place in the reef)

Of course I am being a whiny bitch about getting ripped off.

No, you're just being whiny in general. If you don't like DLC don't buy any. Some of us have money and don't mind spending it. I'm interested in seeing where Destiny goes over the next decade. If it doesn't appeal to me I'll be found back at the Halo franchise.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

So how would you compare this to borderlands which one is better??

I asked my cousin about Destiny and he said it was a mix of borderlands and halo

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

It doesn't really. Borderlands had several things going for it; broad storyline, exploding with random humor, more than 3 voice actors, plenty of stuff to keep you entertained for more than 22 hours, and didn't bs you on DLC. All of those things Destiny does not have. It's a fun game for a few hours of play if you have friends, and maybe a few weeks if you have serious friends.

It's heavily mission based: get into a 3 man strike team and go in guns blazing against hordes of enemies. Like I've said in previous posts, 95% of the game seems to be: shoot many weak things, deploy your ghost to scan the thing, then fight a big thing, and you've completed the mission. There's no brains or cleverness required, no motivation other than for better gear, and certainly no contribution to the storyline other than you're trying to fight against the 'darkness.' Yes, your main enemy is the 'darkness.' That's the brilliant storyline years of development came up with... your god sphere of light versus the mysterious 'darkness.' Don't get me started on dialogue either.

If storyline isn't your thing, then you'll probably like the game a helluva lot more. As far as comparisons to Halo go, it does seem quite similar, at least in the PvP arenas. Not a big selection of vehicles though, and maps aren't really that creative. If I had to sum it all up, I'd say the whole game just feels partially finished. I'm hoping a lot more content and maybe some improvements in dialogue come along. As you've seen in this topic though, many people think that will never happen.
edit on 29-9-2014 by Septimus because: bolded text

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What can I say about Detiny, I was thinking of chucking the game in the trash at one point, but I thought I would take the enviormental route and donate it to a needy gamer or bring it in for credit on some up coming games. Sorry bungie I like you guys, you have made some great games, but this is half a game. For what it is, its not bad, but if we have to pay for content that is already on disk, and then after that for each and every update, well to tell the truth, to hell with that #.

And to the OP while the game may have its perks, it fails big in certain areas. And why bother making other threads about it when one is already here, it would be redundant. Who knows though, maybe in the future they will release dlc that would make the whole thing worth it. Anything is possible I suppose. But by then a whole bunch of other games would be out, and destiny would be the farthest thing on my mind when I think about videogames. And also who wants to wait?

This game has been in production for a long time, and I believe the massive amounts of $$ for production they supposedly spent on it is just hype, because it shows little of it in the actual game. So I stand by what i said earlier in the thread, this game is enjoyable for a while, and if you got some people to play with its pretty fun, but it gets old fast and it has nothing in it that has not been done before, and done better.

One thing is for sure by the time the DLCs come out and even if there good, I will rather be spending my cash on other games. If for nothing more then that I do not want to support this whole half assed games, oh but its got DLCs coming that companies are trying to constantly pull, and push as part of there operating system. I have heard of milking the cash cow, but its getting ridiculous. Bungie if you read this! Sorry but you guys make horrible farmers, dont try it.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

SO then yeah it does seem it was over hyped I mean I kept asking my cousin whats the storyline? whats the game about? as he was playing it. and he said just kill aliens.

Before hand I was trying to read up on the game and actually find out more about it.. and every preview I read Bungie was tight lipped about what the storyline is. Looks like they weren't just being secretive there isn't a story.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

It's actually worse than that I'm afraid. I was reading an article this morning about how they apparently changed the storyline from a much more interesting one to the secretive one we now see (or don't see). Not sure why they didn't stick with that, even with Staten leaving.

The only reason I'm still playing is because I'm hoping we're just seeing a slow start to the game and the storyline will be further explained in future updates. Bungie is just being too secretive with all this in my opinion. They really need to step it up and start taking these complaints seriously or they're going to start losing players. I see loot cave 2.0 is now out and in full exploit as well. Tsk tsk.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Dissatisfied customers rebuking a Bungie fanboi

edit on 30-9-2014 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RadarOReilly

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing the game. To me it just feels half complete. To find out that there game is larger and there is more content on the disc already infuriates me. Bungie hyped this game so much and delivered so little that it is disheartening. I do not object to DLC, if the DLC adds to an already existing story. Making me pay for the story in chunks is dirty. If they wanted to do that then they should have gone to a monthly sub. That wouldn't work because they gave us so little to begin with.

I still play the game, but I wanted it to be so much more.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Seems there was more to the story, but the higher ups didn't want to have it in the game.

Info

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Check these out

E3

Where is this??

Demo

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Sounds like they pretty much half assed it. That actually kind of ticks me off to hear. Very poor executive decision making there. The whole situation reminds me of this classic. Also, those videos aren't working for me.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I just put the link in, could not do the youtube embed. Watch the Demo one. i thought the opening sequence seemed a little off to me. Apparently there originally were story arcs for the 3 races, now just dinkle-bot revives you from being dead, regardless if you were organic or not. Apparently the Traveler can revive the dead and heal decay.

Read this about story change

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Dinklage is a cool guy and all, but he can't make the game, especially with such wooden lines. Now that you mention it, what was the point of reviving you again? To have another guardian added to the effort of restoring the traveller? Also, how long have you been dead? What killed you? When I ask myself these questions which weren't immediately clear or interesting to ask, some tangible story does start to appear...with a lot of questions left unanswered.

The possibility of the Traveller being 'evil' becomes more feasible as well when you look at it from the questioning perspective. The Speaker does seem a bit like an evil genius, wearing a mask and brooding over his cryptic documents in the corner of a big mechanical contraption without ever fully explaining why you're there, other than to restore society to the mysterious 'golden age.' Of course, you immediately follow all of his orders without question... that's another thing that bothers me, why is your guardian always silent as the grave? Almost seems like a henchman at times, or a servant of a more powerful will, and not by your choice. Also, what's with the horns on the helm of inmost light? Reminds me of Lucifer, being the light bearer or the false light (i.e. not a nice fellow).

Maybe I'm talking out of my ass with these speculations, but if that's the case, maybe Bungie can still pull something out of their behinds and draw people in. Unfortunately, they're probably gonna do it through DLC. That's so sad too; from the sound of it, the original story would have been a game I would have been glad to play for quite some time. That post also explains why there are factions in the game with no apparent reason why they exist, or why anything is the way it is in this game. Bleh, it makes me sick.
edit on 30-9-2014 by Septimus because: added more

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I got the game on PS4 when it came out. I'm not a hardcore gamer but play anywhere from 0-5 hours a week. Sometimes a little more. I haven't touched a Halo game in years. Since the first Xbox. So far I have truly enjoyed this game. There are a few things that bug me but overall it's been what I have expected I would say. The best thing I like is that in most multiplayer games I run to that first. But with this you have to play the story mode to unlock it. Brilliant idea imo.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I totally agree, there are a great number of unanswered questions. There is not any story at all, Revive. Go to tower. Find Rasputin. Go to moon. See strange Exo. Go to Venus see strange exo. Go to Reef meet Awoken. Go to Venus get a head. Go to Mars kill Vex god. Where is the explanation? No story, no back story to enemies.

Why would Bill Nighy only have like 3 solid lines in the whole game?? This just feels like a $60 Demo.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It's like expecting to get a club sandwich at the Bungie restaurant and receiving a cheese one instead, only to find out the menu originally included a whole meal. That about sums up my thoughts on the story issues.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

LOL.

I remember the first time I faced the Devil walker (spider tank) in the Devil's Lair Strike. It took us a good while to get that thing down. My fire team all run over to see our loot...... LOL no loot. Same thing for the Phagoth, certainly a fight of that magnitude would net some kind of gear upgrade......LOL shame on you for expecting reward for effort!

I have one Exotic chest piece(strange coins), 1 Legendary from Queen kill order, just bought 2 legendary vanguard pieces. Still have rare weapons and I am afraid to go to VoG because in my mind the game is done. #ty story complete, Strikes have been beat to death. Nightfall which are just rehashes of the same content. What would be the point of going on?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join