It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bungie Destiny

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

The game is fun, and if you are only playing like 30 min a day this game will last you a while. I usually start at 10pm and stop around 1am every other day or so. I am to a point now that the same old stuff is starting to wear thin. It has only been 3 weeks.

For a game that the Fanboi's are touting as a 10 year project Bungie really needs to do something to keep people engaged. Otherwise they will close it up far before they hit that 10 year mark.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

It's sad that people can get to 'that point' so quickly. It was what, 21 days ago when it was released? People are already at god status. What else is there to do but frown and walk away slowly? Don't look back though, you're not missing anything... unless you really, really, like PvP.

Maybe now that the cat is out of the bag, they'll have no choice but to catch it and let people pet it.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

World of warcraft had TONS of content to trudge through, and it wasn't until late end game that you had to grind for loot to do raids. Back then it was 40 man raid. There really wasn't a 21 day expiration on that game. I played that for Years and years

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I will agree that the story line seems less than what we were billed, but what I heard from one of the Bungie guys (will have to find the video) was that this installment is more like a chapter than a whole book and they plan on having the story unfold very slowly over time. I've enjoyed what there is to the game now very much and I'm looking forward to seeing where they're going. I realize how evil Activision is though. I have high hopes for great content and satisfying story line to come.

Now to go try out my new exotics.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadarOReilly
I will agree that the story line seems less than what we were billed, but what I heard from one of the Bungie guys (will have to find the video) was that this installment is more like a chapter than a whole book and they plan on having the story unfold very slowly over time. I've enjoyed what there is to the game now very much and I'm looking forward to seeing where they're going. I realize how evil Activision is though. I have high hopes for great content and satisfying story line to come.

Now to go try out my new exotics.

Interesting...I hadn't heard that. I think the reason why I have enjoyed it so much more than your typical gamer is quite frankly I don't play games like this and I don't do story modes. I jump right in to the PVP. I thought the way they did it here was awesome and it lured me in to the great story. I don't know if other games do this but first time for me and I thought it was a brilliant idea.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RadarOReilly
This game was ripped bad, in fact most games do that now a day. Most of the content is on game or CD already, they just did not release it, all those DLCs which are coming out, basically you already have them there just not turned on. Its a cheap way companies make money, but really that's not the messed up part, a lot of games now a days do that.

For instance take Dark Souls 2 which I am currently playing a DLC, it had two other DLCs come out and there was content in those DLCs which was in the original program and Disk of the game, or was there in just unfinished form. All that happens when you uploaded the DLC was that it just made it possible for you to open up, or get access to that content which was either on disk already, or was uploaded in form of monthly content patches ie ver 01 ver 02 etc, which is why for Dark Souls at least the actual DLC download was small.

But in the case of Dark Souls 2, its not a bad deal because on the original game content alone which was released with the game, it had a full game, and you could play on it for over 100 hours if you wanted to, and it had a full story and everything, and the DLCs are just extra things, even if some of it may have been originally on the disk already or there unfinished form, in fact there are some who hacked the game and found content which was removed from the game or items which are already on there but just have not been turned on to sort of say.

A lot of companies now a days do that, but in the case of Destiny? Well I would bet anything the coming updates and patches and DLCs are just extra lines of code that you will have to buy, just to open up content that is on disk already or was already uploaded during one of the ver. uploads the game is constantly uploading, in fact it had an update last time I got on. The problem is that it looks like they basically and on purpose really released half a game if even that. All just to milk money from people who already have spent 60$ on something that is likely on disk already. ie there milking the crowd, even the story aspect of the game is told by when you find dead ghosts, which then you have to co to there website to get some backstory on it. Even that should have been in game and not you have to go to a website to read about it.

And really who is going to do that, when even that should have been in game as well, its a pathetic attempt at milking there cash cow so whoever's stupid idea it was Bungie or Activision there publishers, its going to backfire simply because they dont have a game, and if they did they cut it so they could install it in segments which people would have to basically rebuy. But really now that I beat the so called game, I really dont know what it was about. Something about mars, dinklegebot opens up some portal, I shoot some guys, then repeat same on other planet, then when the game should really get going and introduce more to the story...Tada! Presto! Its game over. If this was a movie it would end a quarter of the way in, with everybody going...WTF is this it?

But its not going to work, because frankly the game is weak in everything, a game like Dark Souls or other games have a full game and a fun game already which already has a crap ton of content, so when the DlC's arrive even if its on disk, most people dont care as the original had enough content to satisfy them.

Destiny I would say does not, and things were cut or removed on purpose, seems they basically removed the whole dam storyline, and really I blew through the game with one full day of playing about 9 hours and the rest of the days 3 to 4 hours after that and only sparingly. And really you could plow through the story content of the game in a few hours if you wanted to and did none of the other things, and after that its just doing raids which will not take you long, so ultimately your just left with item hunting which becomes pointless and repetitive fast, as there is nothing special in any of it.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm on the fence about DLC- on one hand, New content is new content, and on the other hand- I would rather buy a new game.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RadarOReilly

mine was created to be positive.

Well great because I only have positive things to say about the game itself and my negative comments were focused on the issues at launch with many including myself not being able to connect not the game itself or content within.

I haven't had any issues connecting in the last few weeks and have lost the anxiety I got for the first few weeks of hoping I wouldn't have issues with the network when starting my game because as I said it became extremely frustrating being stuck in space not able to go the tower or any missions for hours on end at the beginning.

If people want a thread to rant about Destiny they're welcome to

Yes I agree but it would be pointless as you have started one for Destiny and didn't set any regulations in your title or OP about what should be discussed concerning the game.

Even if you did I think people complaining would still be on topic as you cant really dictate what other post as long as its on topic.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
*Wipes dust off shoulder" Its been awhile since I have been on ATS.
Ahem, so after all the hype, I would say that yes, Destiny had more then a few rocky upstarts, but over all, I like it.
I have 3 Guardians all lvl. 30 and playing in a fireteam is really run, especially raiding.
I still look back during the pre patch days when the Cryptarch was giving us green capes from a legendary engram -.-
It can be repetative, but I play with some really good folks and we log on and just BS while farming and knocking out the daily an bounties.
If any of you guys here on ATS play Destiny on the Xbox One, shoot me a message and Ill add you as a friend and help with any raids and nightfalls.
---
Xbone GT: BlitzV2K6
See you guys and gals in the VOG.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join