It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bungie Destiny

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ya you were right OP. The game is great, they really did a pretty good job incorporating the whole MMO RPG and FPS thing, so far I have been playing the game off and on for the past few days and its really fun. Its basically Halo only with role playing characteristics to it, its like dungeons and dragons, only instead of swords and shields you got guns. The PVE is fun, seeing random people in your gameworld is pretty interesting, and tackling the bigger missions with a team is fun times.

Thought the PVP is kind of lacking, but I think that's only do to the fact that I have been getting my ass kicked whenever I go in the crucible. And that's only because I am mostly at it half assed, because I want to finish the story side of it first. Which for a person shooter, that at least for me is a first. I dont generally bother with the story side when it comes to FPS shooters. In all its a fun game.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I don't know if this was some ploy by activision, but there is a huge lack in content. You have Earth (Russia), the Moon, Mars, and Venus. That's it. Rinse and repeat. Same mob spawn points, same mobs. Go here scan this, go there kill 10 enemies.

Oh you have strikes. They are the same. Oh you can play on different difficulties. Buff the enemy with a ridiculous amount of health and yep rinse and repeat. So grind 6 maps for gear. Sounds fun. Story is lacking, communication is non-existant. Grouping with people to do anything is cumbersome at best.

I think I got ripped off again.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Great game when Not getting kicked out of Sony servers of Bungies servers.

Many having connectivity issues,

Getting many error codes that I and others have investigated and followed the prompts to reslove the issue only to keep getting it.

Disconnection from internet and or PSN network and Bungie servers, solution chsnge settings on your router and console.

Its just a lie by Bungie because their servers cant handle the numbers.

I got the game on the 9th, played or tried playing for over 8 hours and lucky if I got 2-3 hours of game play becuase disconnection from servers.

Same thing the next day, so was pretty fed up by then, frustration was building and I am surprised I didn't smash my TV, PlayStation and the game. didnt play until Friday night when I was able to play for about 6 hours staright with no issues.

The way I saw it was many had the same issues as was the case if you went searching on google for the launch so gave up for a while and I was lucky enough to log in to the game when millions weren't trying to play all at once,

That become more obvious when I trid again the day after and the last 2 days until today with issues with disconnection.

Its not from my end Bungie, many competent computer/IT techs seem to be having the same issues, or at least to claim to have knowledge in the area and cannot resolve the issue even though they have set their routers and consoles exactly how Bungie suggests.

Any ATSers having issues connecting?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Not me, I have had a smooth experience so far even when playing in a group with friends.

Playing a second time around with a new character.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Who let the whiny bitches in the room?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

I cant speak for all that, but if as far as mars is were you go, then I would say they definitely should of added more content. However I am satisfied with what it is, I mean even the first raid on destiny sepiks prime is a pain in the ass if you try to do it on the level 20 difficulty, by yourself it would take you a while. And the other raids I did with groups I ended up dying more then once and restarting, once my whole fireteam left me in the middle of it because we basically got handed it in one of the raids on that giant chained hive guy mission, and we were getting handed it again.

I see were it would get repetitive after you have beat them all and done everything, but I suppose that's why the DLC is comming in a few months I think. I hate it when companies do that, but in this day and age its pretty much unavoidable. But for a game that has been in development for so long you would think they would take you to at least Saturn or past the asteroid belt in terms of different content. I can really comment on all that as I have just reached the mars missions.
edit on 3amTuesdayam162014f2amTue, 16 Sep 2014 03:23:48 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Its happened to me twice. But like you it only happened some days after the game came out, when I first got it I had no problems. Its a pretty popular game as of now, so it could be that there servers are just adjusting to the mass influx of players coming into the game. But you guess is as good as any. In all I see little problems with the online experience, its true that people solo more then they group up, I only grouped up once in a mission and patrol that was not a raid, and that was only because I kept running into another random player who I think was doing the same missions as me, so he eventually sent me an invite to join.

The game is a bit more funner with a team however, most times after the initial missions its gets redundant even the main missions are more fun if you do them with a team, and really the raids is were its at. The PVP well it takes a bit to get used to, especially the whole fact that you have to wait for your grenades to recharge, but the more you play it and get good at it the better it gets, but so far I think the Halo games had it better and were more fun in the PVP department. But with a game like this which was build in mind with the constant updates in story and missions, they will likely be adding more spice to the PVP side as well down the line. For now I would say I am content with the PVP side, and the PVE side is pretty fun.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Been looking forward to this game since the brief beta release. I don't exactly believe the notion that only '10%' was shown at beta...as it seems like I've plowed through the beta content plus everything else in just eight hours or so. Already level 15 after that short of a time? This is only after being able to play after a full work day... Either games have gotten easier in recent years or I've been sucked into a time wrinkle and have been playing for a full week without realizing it.

I'll admit, the PvE is engaging, though some of the dialogue is downright cringe worthy in it's simplicity. While having Mr. Dinklage as the voice of your Ghost is a novelty (The stranger referring to him as 'little light' was a fun poke), I can't say it makes up for it. It's had me saying 'did they really write that?' several times. Maybe I'm just too much of a stickler for storyline, but surely they could have been just a tad more creative considering this is supposed to be hailed as a grand FPSRPG. I'm really hoping we get to see ALL of our solar system eventually at the very least. God forbid we have a warp drive and can travel millions of miles in under a minute without seeing the rest of it... or anything else for that matter.

Can't say I enjoyed PvP. I understand the game wasn't originally intended for that, and if it was, they did a poor job of reflecting it. It's definitely no Halo, and I don't think they meant for it to be any sort of successor, otherwise they'd allow for far greater fluidity of action. Seems a lot of the PvP is 'turn the corner and get roasted by a fusion rifle, golden gun, or shotgun.' Although I can't say I played a lot of Halo in my day, I've played enough of 3 to know there were a lot more options to kill people than camping and corner surprises... though I did see a sniper atop a hill who was kind enough to wait for me to mount a turret before taking potshots at me and getting a face full of hot death.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Got a bit of an update; just beat the game after only 22 (or so) hours of play. Gotta say, very disappointed. For one of the years most anticipated titles, this was a real let down. Definitely a ploy to get players to unload their wallets for future DLC. Some are speculating it will cost around $200 to reach the inevitable level cap. From the looks of current DLC prices, that might not be unrealistic. At least I got some enjoyment out of it.

edit on 16-9-2014 by Septimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

I cant speak for all that, but if as far as mars is were you go, then I would say they definitely should of added more content. However I am satisfied with what it is, I mean even the first raid on destiny sepiks prime is a pain in the ass if you try to do it on the level 20 difficulty, by yourself it would take you a while. And the other raids I did with groups I ended up dying more then once and restarting, once my whole fireteam left me in the middle of it because we basically got handed it in one of the raids on that giant chained hive guy mission, and we were getting handed it again.

I see were it would get repetitive after you have beat them all and done everything, but I suppose that's why the DLC is comming in a few months I think. I hate it when companies do that, but in this day and age its pretty much unavoidable. But for a game that has been in development for so long you would think they would take you to at least Saturn or past the asteroid belt in terms of different content. I can really comment on all that as I have just reached the mars missions.

Those are Strikes. The raid was just opened up on the 14th I think. Essentially they just load the bosses with comically high health and spam mob spawns during the encounter. The Glass Vault, which is the first actual raid, is even more insane.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadarOReilly
Who let the people with truthful unbiased opinions in the room?

Fixed it for you.
edit on 17-9-2014 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Been holding off getting this, is it any good?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

If you enjoy a lengthy amount of playtime, a riveting storyline, and a multitude of content, then no. Seems like the game has been terribly rushed, even though it's been hyped for so long. Planets, enemies, and even weapons are all recycled multiple times throughout the game, hell...even in DLC's they use some of the same areas and enemies. It's not so bad when you first get into it, but you quickly ask yourself if you've been to a certain area and seen a certain thing before. The answer is yes, yes you have. Here's how missions usually go: fight off 2-3 waves of enemies, deploy your Ghost, fight off some more enemies, then maybe fight a big enemy and you're done. That's how 95% of missions are carried out. There's no change of pace, there's no surprises, just shoot the things, protect the glowy thing, beat up the big thing, and you're golden. I was particularly disappointed by the base content's final boss fight...it was quite literally fighting the same enemy three times. Very poor, unimaginative effort on the part of designers.

Also, it's a very linear game. You must follow a set path on specific missions. There's no wandering off and doing what you want, unless you go on a patrol mission, which is the closest you're going to get to an 'open world' in this game. Wander around the 5-7 areas on a planet, and wait for random events to show up. Sadly this doesn't make for a very immersive experience, as a lot of the missions you find in the wild are simply beacons you come across which play back a message and want you to do something nearby. It would help if there were maybe towns or something else to see other than barren wasteland or the occasional military base.

If you're prepared to spend another $17-20 on each new DLC pack that's released, slowly raising the level cap (and MAYBE introduce new content), then it'll remove a bit of the sting, but that's the thing that will kill this game: the splitting of the DLC users and the non DLC users. Fracturing a community is never a good idea... and they need to change that if they hope to remain successful in my view.
edit on 17-9-2014 by Septimus because: Now with 3x more complaints

edit on 17-9-2014 by Septimus because: Now with 4x more complaints

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Everyone has their own opinion of the game.

Mine, Its amazing, the scenery, the detail on PS4 WOW.

Story wise, I find it interesting, not yet up to Mars as I have only had 2 days since launch that I haven't had issues not with connecting but being disconnected.

It seems I am one of the unlucky that have had constant issues with error codes relating to disconnection from Bungie servers or LAN cable gets disconnected, or at least the game says so. Its the game that disconnects me somehow as everything else (other games and computers etc) works fine.

Overall, my experience has been frustrating, when I get to play a watch the story parts I find it quite entertaining and think much will be added in future, more planets and extension of the story.

It is designed and encouraged as game to play with mates, I play more games solo, get online here and there in GTA 5 and just go with the flow.

So I hope the add more to the game for a single player experience, once I get an hour in of playing without disconnecting I find myself getting very immersed into the game and simply love the sensation when deeply immersed in a game feeling like you are in a virtual world and what destiny offers is candy for the eyes and mind in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup
I would say its a good game, but if your expecting a whole lot of different content you would be disappointed. Its a good game to get into with friends and even the higher level stuff is a pain to get through, but there is only so many times you can do that before you would stop caring about it and it becomes repetitive.

Saying that the game is not bad, but for something that was in production for such a long time, well lets just say the past halo games had better scenery enemies, and in fact more content in the game. The game is good and the first time you get into it its really something, but it wanes off faster then you would think. Also its pretty much a party experience game, I think it was built with that in mind. If you try to go at it by yourself, well like others have said the harder/higher levels is pretty much the same thing only with a bit more mobs thrown in and more penalties to you charter and buffs to the bosses.

I did a few high level runs by myself. After the first few, it becomes kind of pointless as its the same thing only you would have to put in a whole lot more time sponging bullets into the same enemy, to basically achieve the same ends. They literally just become bullet sponges and very little strategy is involved besides run away, cover, wait for shields to regenerate, and return to putting clips into baddy's, then rinse and repeat for over one hour and that would be just because the bosses have ridiculous high health that it feels like your weapons are shooting peanuts at them. Its a fun game if you have a party and you all want to blow through things, but after that is done, it looses its appeal greatly. I would say its a good game, but not a great game, and it does not feel like something that was in production for as long as it has, it does feel like a rushed game.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll probably wait until it's like 5 bucks

It wont be long.... I'm in no great hurry anyway.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doom and Gloom

Fixed it for you.

These are the same whiny "truthful unbiased opinions" that would complain that I'm "only" a C cup. Just enjoy the game. If not, create a thread on ATS or Reddit or 4chan to moan about it. Then you boys can complain about Destiny having sharp knees until your mom calls for dinner.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doom and Gloom

Fixed it for you.

These are the same whiny "truthful unbiased opinions" that would complain that I'm "only" a C cup. Just enjoy the game. If not, create a thread on ATS or Reddit or 4chan to moan about it. Then you boys can complain about Destiny having sharp knees until your mom calls for dinner.

I am not entirely certain how your breast size comes into play with a person's "opinion" of a game. If you think 500 million dollars worth of game development can only give you this repetitive style of game, then I urge you to seek out other AAA titles.

While you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, I and others on this forum are also allowed to express their opinions. I can absolutely see the merit in the game, but I feel as if we the gamers have been duped in order to keep Activision and Bungie in our wallets. This game has the potential to be so much more than it is, while it only teases with a small percentage. My opinion is that this game as it is, is not worth the current price.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: RadarOReilly

If not, create a thread on ATS

Hey what a great idea, a thread about Bungie Destiny,

Wait a sec

Look where we are, well what do you know,

These are the same whiny "truthful unbiased opinions" that would complain that I'm "only" a C cup.

Ohhh my oh my... you couldn't be sooooo far off base with that comment, in my personal opinion.

Yeah I might have had a few complaints, overall when I got to play my opinion is its great, awesome and very immersive.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Boobs aside, I still find myself playing after a few weeks of repetitive missions. It's not so bad since every mission can turn out differently depending on your team... and there's some small satisfaction to be had from learning the ins and outs of specific runs. I'm finding myself actually doing RPG type farming on planets for resources, which feels strange in an FPS like this. Again, some small satisfaction can be had from finding a great loot area and milking it for a while.

I can kind of get a feeling for what they were trying to accomplish with this game in those respects, but this is supposed to be a grand FPSRPG for goodness sake... we need more stuff. I'm seeing a growing number of level 29 folks running around with radiant light emanating off of them who have seen it all and done it all. What happens when I get to that point? I'm hoping by then there will be a major release of content. Seems like it will be a while as Bungie is busy trying to fix the major issues that have already arisen from simple mistakes like miscalculated spawn mechanics (remember your loot cave etiquette) and the cryptarch who rewards you with a door knob from every shiny space orb you give him.

There have been a few places mentioned in conferences like Europa which I'm looking forward to seeing. I think they just need time to fix the current issues before moving on.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join