It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female US sailor thwarts Dubai bus driver rapist ! oops, picked the wrong victim pal!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have to admit I am happy that she was was not raped...
The problem is that rape has become an epidemic, like a virus spreading....
I just got upset about the original insensitivity the OP and another used which derailed the actual news story....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

I thought that Paki was short for Pakistani, I didn't think it was a racial slur

That would be a more convincing statement had this event taken place in Pakistan. The word is usually used by ignorant individuals who can't tell the difference between any race with non-white skin. Maybe if you'd have said Arab, it would have come across less racist. I would recommend some lessons in geography.

edit on 26-4-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
i want to add something , i think someone talked about rapists attacking muslim womens.

Well i think the person wanted to say , rapists in muslim countries, usualy attack muslim womens, because they are easier to attack, because their faith force thems to be submissive to the will of man , and muslim womens know they may get killed if they talk about the rape :/

So their attackers can get away with minimal problem and unpunished

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

I thought that Paki was short for Pakistani, I didn't think it was a racial slur

That would be a more convincing statement had this event taken place in Pakistan. The word is usually used by ignorant individuals who can't tell the difference between any race with non-white skin. A sad state of affairs indeed

edit on 26-4-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

If you read the news story you would know the rapist was a Pakistani man.

link   

Thunderheart - great thread S&F.

Awesome result for a change!
Man that lady will dine out on that one - for many moons!

Bet you didn't foresee the hoo-haa though lol.

link   
I think it's something to celebrate. It's great to see that this woman gave her assailant a run for his money and whupped him where he needed it. It gives one a celebratory chuckle to know that this story went well in the end, and that rape was avoided.

(I disallow rape, so don't take anything I said the wrong way)

edit on 26-4-2013 by VoidFire because: My tired mind saw the word Condone in the wrong way

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
i want to add something , i think someone talked about rapists attacking muslim womens.

Well i think the person wanted to say , rapists in muslim countries, usualy attack muslim womens, because they are easier to attack, because their faith force thems to be submissive to the will of man , and muslim womens know they may get killed if they talk about the rape :/

So their attackers can get away with minimal problem and unpunished
That is exactly what I meant by my statement.
anon is correct in his observation.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Good for her. I teach self defense and I love this story.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Fair enough. I do understand. Just saw multiple edits wasn't aware of your context.

The screen does often lose something in translation
No hard feelings ?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely

Thunderheart - great thread S&F.

Awesome result for a change!
Man that lady will dine out on that one - for many moons!

Bet you didn't foresee the hoo-haa though lol.

You would be correct!. I think I'll have Mblah proof read my threads before I post from now on!
I obviously don't realize what is offensive or not.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Oh God, I said the wrong thing, It's early morning and I'm not fully awake

I meant to say I don't accept it, and my tired state thought Condone meant disallow

edit on 26-4-2013 by VoidFire because: Swapping "not" and "fully" around as it looked wrong

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

You women need to realize that Thunderheart is not finding the attempted raping hilarious, just that the s.o.b. got his butt handed to him by the female victim.

I too find this point funny as heck and I hope it deters more of them creeps!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's "people" who are being violated more frequently as I see it?

Many overstep the boundaries of common decency and personal space, male and female!

Predators don't seem to have a specific "gender or race" but rather don't exercise basic human respect for another person.

I cannot tell you how many times I've been in a crowd and had "someone" brush past me both male and female and "grab a feel"...seems like it's almost become "acceptable?"

It's not.

If you're within 3 feet of me in any direction and I'm not currently intimate with you on a personal level?

I will find a way to let you know you are not allowed.Discreetly but you will know.

ALL people need to realize that respect does come with rules of living in a civilized society and that includes keeping your hands/person to yourself unless specifically invited to do otherwise!

Otherwise we're no better than animals...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Sorry mblah
I bring bad habits from more nastier forums in here,. And just woke up kinda grummpy and pissed, and being cheeky I guess. Nothing funny about rape, I just kinda misunderstood the whole thing a bit.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
Sorry mblah
I bring bad habits from more nastier forums in here,. And just woke up kinda grummpy and pissed, and being cheeky I guess. Nothing funny about rape, I just kinda misunderstood the whole thing a bit.

Hey there. It's ok we all have grumpy days. I'm pregnant and i can be quite grumpy lately.

Apology accepted

Also your apology mixed with my hormones made me get teary eyed. Thank you

*hugs*

edit on 4/26/2013 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Though the situation could have been worst, I thought it was brave and hilarious at the same time. This story should be publicized and given more attention by MSM. It will help boost the morale for several women around the world should they run into similar situation.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by papazen and also to post by mblahnikluver

papazen, thank you for that. Sometimes it takes a big person to say "sorry".

And Mblah, your graciousness is wonderful.

Many thanks to you both. This mutual respect between people is the true spirit of what our community is all about.

If anyone would like to continue the discussion of the original subject in the same spirit, I'm sure that would also be very welcome to members and other readers alike.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join