It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Orion Connection: Can we Deny it?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

You appear to be unable to discern the difference between a magnetic pole and an axial pole.

Until you master this reasonably simple concept, were I you, I'd not post anything further in regards to pole shifts.

Harte

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
As mentioned above, it isn't that the pyramids sit in the center of Earth's land mass. That doesn't even make sense.

What the theory actually is, and I haven't looked into this in detail yet, is that the Giza Plataeu, if you w3re to draw imaginary lines at the cardinal directions from that point, those lat and long lines would be the longest lines on Earth that COVER LAND. Interesting, but not near as cool as saying center of land mass. And in order to test it you would have to calculate all the mountain ranges along those paths.

Somehow I doubt it is true.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Somehow I doubt it is true.

Very good.

You are extremely wise to doubt such hooie.

Harte

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Yes he is because the great pyramids are not located at 30 deg N and 30 deg E.

The middle pyramid is located at:

29 deg 58' 34" N and 31 deg 07' 51" E

30 deg N and 30 deg E is located over 68 miles away to the west in the desert......nothing there unless it's buried under a lot of sand.

If I were to use a map and have a "center of land mass" I would put it somewhere in Romania.

THAT would have latitude and longitude lines that cover the most land area. Not near the pyramids.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

That is actually a very tricky thing to calculate. Mountain ranges come into play. But I don't doubt you really. Even if it were true about the pyramids, it doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot anyways.

Also, the pyramids ARE very, very close to 30° 30° in the grand scheme of things.
If you consider that the foundation is as level and suitable as it is right there at Giza it would easily explain why the building was put there rather than 65 miles away in the middle of the desert.

I don't know, man. Its pretty cool stuff regardless. The precision, even to how level the building sits, is uncanny.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

That is actually a very tricky thing to calculate. Mountain ranges come into play. But I don't doubt you really. Even if it were true about the pyramids, it doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot anyways.

Also, the pyramids ARE very, very close to 30° 30° in the grand scheme of things.

This system of degrees and so forth is something invented in the 1300's. The Egyptians certainly didn't measure degrees of latitude (they had no accurate star maps, in fact.) Orion (as "Sah") isn't mentioned much in their writings and does not have a specific deity assigned to it, though the "dog star" (which is NOT part of Orion) was important.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I hear ya, man.
I have always been a little partial to the idea that they may have been told where and how to build all this stuff, though.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Also, latitude they probably had figured, considering they knew the size of the Earth. Longitude is what they would have had trouble with.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
reply to post by Harte

Obviously procession dosn't turn the world upside down. But there was said to be a pole shift last ice age.
That pole shift could of moved the poles to where they currently are. Egpyt has been linked with stone monuments of importance around the world through calculated meridians.

Its interesting because people say its like a puzzle all tieing to the center. Egypt. Which is in one of the most less volitile continents as far as volcanos go. It is also the channel of many important trade routes.
Erics mention about the procession and the stars moving as well is accurate. But with a pole shift. It could of easily changed our view of the stars by tilting the planet with the north and south pole moved to different locations the procession also adjusts with it. Acounting for the time. Its quite amazing there is even an alighment now for Orion at all.

But its all within egyptian mythology about Orion and Osiris. This is in tuhe history books.

You are confusing magnetic poles with geographical poles. All though the magnetic poles do switch places from time to time the geographical ones do not. The amount of energy to turn the earth upside down would would be enormous. But as I stated before even if it did and it happend a 12000 years ago the stars would still be in the same order. Draw a optical diagram and see for yourself. It would be a really simple one sense no lenses or interference are involved.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Personally I am a skeptic... I believe Aliens exist but I have serious issues believing they're already here watching our every move... or perhaps just floating around outside of our atmosphere. I would assume they would have something better to do then to watch our pathetic species destroy ourselves.

I am in the same boat perhaps, but I feel they can be here watching but in a different sense.

Inorganic probes, satellites, reconnaissance orbiters etc..
For the same reason we send probes to Mars instead of people.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'd also just like to mention that Orion as we know it only looks the way it does from the perspective or Earth or somewhere in our general galactic neighborhood. For example, the central star of Orion's Belt, Alnilam, is actually about 500 light years farther away from us than the other two stars. If aliens came from any of the individual stars that make up Orion, it certainly wouldn't look that way to them, and they certainly wouldn't consider or identify themselves as coming from Orion.

So it would seem kind of odd to venerate aliens by duplicating an Earth sky constellation on the ground that the aliens themselves probably couldn't care less about.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Well it was on the topic of the flood which has to do with YHWH pouring waters on the earth and killing everyone but the chosen, This has to do with Orion.

So i am not de railing anything with the question of the Origins of the water. I was simply stating after you said. * there isn't enough mass in the asteroid belt* Well im saying that because of the physics our planets and sun has ( How much weight is pulled to the center slingshot out of orbit or is vaporized) Anything not caught in the orbit inbetween jupiter and mars would just go spiralling into the sun.

This was said to happen 10,000 + years ago. That would be plenty of time to change our nights sky and clear enough matter.

The question still remains tho, Where did all the water come from? Because it did not exist on this planet before, Its quite impossible. As there has been settlements found deeply submerged in water.
Such landmass could of been mountain tops. I don't believe we just randomly had ice caps for no reason that melted and created enough water to cover About 70% of our landmass. Is water.

So when we get into the semantics here. There should of been enough debris bombing mars. Bombing earth. the sun and any other random direction. To end up with what remains of the asteroid belt.
Of course these are all just theories and base themselves on the biblical texts where Tiamat was destroyed.

www.ancienttexts.org...

Translator unknown. The Babylonian/Mesopotamian creation myth, Enuma Elish, When on high, was written no later than the reign of Nebuchadrezzar in the 12th century B.C.E. But there is also little doubt that this story was written much earlier, during the time of the Sumerians. Drawing some new light on the ancients, Henry Layard found within the ruins of the library of Ashurbanipal in Nineveh, texts that were not unlike the Genesis creation in the Bible. George Smith first published these texts in 1876 under the title, 'The Chaldean Genesis'. Akkadian text written in the old Babylonian dialect.

Heres a quote from the summaria epic

Then joined issue Tiamat and Marduk, wisest of gods, They swayed in single combat, locked in battle. The lord spread out his net to enfold her, The Evil Wind, which followed behind, he let loose in her face. When Tiamat opened her mouth to consume him, He drove the Evil Wind that she close not her lips. As the fierce winds charged her belly, Her body was distended and her mouth was wide open. He released the arrow, it tore her belly, It cut through her insides, splitting the heart. Having thus subdued her, he extinguished her life. He cast down her carcass to stand upon it... The lord trod on the legs of Tiamat, With his unsparing mace he crushed her skull. When the arteries of her blood he had severed, The North Wind bore (it) to places undisclosed. On seeing this, his fathers were joyful and jubilant, They brought gifts of homage, they to him. Then the lord paused to view her dead body, That he might divide the monster and do artful works. He split her like a shellfish into two parts: Half of her he set up and ceiled as sky, Pulled down the bar and posted guards. He bade them to allow not her waters to escape. He crossed the heavens and surveyed (its) regions. He squared Apsu's quarter, the abode of Nudimmud, As the lord measured the dimensions of Apsu. The Great Abode, its likeness, he fixed as Esharra, The Great Abode, Esharra, which he made as the firmament. Anu, Enlil, and Ea he made occupy their places.

The topic of suns and their purpose was brought up to try and explain why the water is here and why there remains an asteroid belt.
As for the pole shift there was known to be one just before or during the last ice age which was estimated 10,000-100,000+ some years ago. With that gap margin being so huge. It should give you a clue into how much mystery revolves around this topic.
edit on 29-4-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Ok,where is your scientific resources for this pole reversal?Is it geomagnetic or an actual,physical geological reversal.

Scientists understand that Earth's magnetic field has flipped its polarity many times over the millennia. In other words, if you were alive about 800,000 years ago, and facing what we call north with a magnetic compass in your hand, the needle would point to 'south.' This is because a magnetic compass is calibrated based on Earth's poles. The N-S markings of a compass would be 180 degrees wrong if the polarity of today's magnetic field were reversed. Many doomsday theorists have tried to take this natural geological occurrence and suggest it could lead to Earth's destruction. But would there be any dramatic effects? The answer, from the geologic and fossil records we have from hundreds of past magnetic polarity reversals, seems to be 'no.'

Reversals are the rule, not the exception. Earth has settled in the last 20 million years into a pattern of a pole reversal about every 200,000 to 300,000 years, although it has been more than twice that long since the last reversal. A reversal happens over hundreds or thousands of years, and it is not exactly a clean back flip. Magnetic fields morph and push and pull at one another, with multiple poles emerging at odd latitudes throughout the process. Scientists estimate reversals have happened at least hundreds of times over the past three billion years. And while reversals have happened more frequently in "recent" years, when dinosaurs walked Earth a reversal was more likely to happen only about every one million years.

www.nasa.gov...

hpiers.obspm.fr...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Anything not caught in the orbit inbetween jupiter and mars would just go spiralling into the sun.

This is incorrect there are there are astroids that are not part of the astroid belt and have stable orbits.
burro.astr.cwru.edu...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Well it was on the topic of the flood which has to do with YHWH pouring waters on the earth and killing everyone but the chosen, This has to do with Orion.

So i am not de railing anything with the question of the Origins of the water. I was simply stating after you said. * there isn't enough mass in the asteroid belt* Well im saying that because of the physics our planets and sun has ( How much weight is pulled to the center slingshot out of orbit or is vaporized) Anything not caught in the orbit inbetween jupiter and mars would just go spiralling into the sun.

Funny how the Earth, Venus and Mercury weren't told about this.

This was said to happen 10,000 + years ago. That would be plenty of time to change our nights sky and clear enough matter.

Fossil tide marks tell another story.

What pertains here is what I posted before - it behooves a poster to at least make some small effort to attain even one iota of information on a topic prior to posting about it. You appear to have made no such effort whatsoever.

The question still remains tho, Where did all the water come from? Because it did not exist on this planet before, Its quite impossible. As there has been settlements found deeply submerged in water.
Such landmass could of been mountain tops. I don't believe we just randomly had ice caps for no reason that melted and created enough water to cover About 70% of our landmass. Is water.

The water was here long before even land-based animal life appeared, regardless of what you would prefer to believe.

Translator unknown. The Babylonian/Mesopotamian creation myth, Enuma Elish, When on high, was written no later than the reign of Nebuchadrezzar in the 12th century B.C.E. But there is also little doubt that this story was written much earlier, during the time of the Sumerians. Drawing some new light on the ancients, Henry Layard found within the ruins of the library of Ashurbanipal in Nineveh, texts that were not unlike the Genesis creation in the Bible. George Smith first published these texts in 1876 under the title, 'The Chaldean Genesis'. Akkadian text written in the old Babylonian dialect.

SNIP

The topic of suns and their purpose was brought up to try and explain why the water is here and why there remains an asteroid belt.

And now back to the Sitchin crapola, eh?

As for the pole shift there was known to be one just before or during the last ice age which was estimated 10,000-100,000+ some years ago. With that gap margin being so huge. It should give you a clue into how much mystery revolves around this topic

"There was known...?"

"Known" by whom? You?

There has never been any physical pole shift that we know of, and the last magnetic flip was something like 700,000 years ago, IIRC.

Harte

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Byrd

Also, latitude they probably had figured, considering they knew the size of the Earth. Longitude is what they would have had trouble with.

Why do you make the above bolded claim? The Egyptians had no concept of the size of the Earth at all.

Harte

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Eratosthenes calculated the circumference of the Earth without leaving Egypt.

Of course this WAS a few years after the GP was.built though, so I stand corrected. Thanks.

ETA: also, I would not be surprised if some day we found out that Eratosthenes was not the first to discover this.
edit on 30-4-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Eratosthenes was a Greek who lived from 276 BC to 194 BC......almost 2400 after the pyramids were built according to mainstream archaeology.....that's a bit more than a few years.

He contributed quite a lot to geography but had very little to do with Ancient egyptians.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

He was born in Alexandria and was chief librarian at the Library of Alexandria! Haha

He had a little more than 'little' to do with ancient Egypt.

And yes, I am aware that he came after the pyramids were built. Hence me saying I stand corrected and thanks.

But thanks to you as well for reinforcing things. Haha

ETA: to give the Greeks credit for that discovery is just silly. All the work was carried out in Egypt, using Egyptian tools, and Egyptian land surveys. By a man who was born, lived in and worked in EGYPT.
edit on 30-4-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

He was born in Alexandria and was chief librarian at the Library of Alexandria! Haha

He had a little more than 'little' to do with ancient Egypt.

Nah. Alexandria was a Greek city from day one. Why do you think they called it Alexandria?

Harte

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join