It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Terrorists Have Won: Williams-Sonoma Pulls Pressure Cookers From Shelves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What can be said here? The only thing I can think of is ...REALLY?

Are people that ridiculous in thinking that pressure cookers should be not in sight because someone might break down in the aisles? What about nails? Should they be pulled as well? They were the projectiles after all.

Or is this more of a PR thing to show how a large corporation "Feels" for the customer?

What has happened to America? I have always heard the Govt. state that the "Terrorists" would never win and yet here we are. People afraid of unattended lunch bags and needing to be treated with kid gloves at the sight of a household appliance.

And I'm not the only one thinking this way:

The terrorists have won: Williams-Sonoma pulls pressure cookers from shelves
Making America safe -- one kitchen at a time.
news.yahoo.com...

cnsnews.com...

A local news outlet is reporting that the home-goods retailer, Williams-Sonoma has pulled pressure cookers from their shelves in the aftermath of the Boston attack.

According to the Dedham Patch, Williams-Sonoma has pulled pressure cookers off the shelves out of respect for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing. Kent, a store manager of the Williams-Sonoma at the Natick Mall says:

"It's a temporary thing out of respect."

Still available online tho. Can't walk into a store and pay with...CASH. Nope, gotta use a CC to buy one now. hmmmm

I'm still not sure who the REAL Terrorists are tho...

"First they came for our speech"

"Then they came for our guns"

"Then finally...our stew pots"

Peace

edit on 25-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Next is going to be the fireworks... Then black powder... No making your own bullets, buying fireworks for celebrating new years and the 4rth at home... The fall out from all this will be CRAZY if we allow it to be..

ANYTHING almost can be turned into something to kill a bunch of people...

A pressure cooker or a good old fashion pipe bomb are about the same damn things..

Jude thanks for posting this bringing the absurd to our attention.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Uhmmm... It's been done already... Just a heads up

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Honestly I was going to try one out. I didn't realize they were still used.

Yes this is stupid.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
They do say it's temporary - out of respect... Not that I agree with the action, but I understand people feeling like they need to do SOMETHING to show respect. It's silly, I agree, but to say "the terrorists have won" is a bit over-dramatic.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx
Next is going to be the fireworks...

Happened a long time ago before terrorism in many parts. Fireworks were banned to prevent fires and to protect the children and stupid adults who tried to hold fireworks in their hands. Here in Texas you have to be living outside the city limits in most towns to buy and use fireworks.

Edited to add: The only fireworks sold in my town in Texas are those party poppers that shoot out confetti.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Seriously, this is this dumbest thing i've actually heard thus far... Bombs can be made out of anything. Why do you think they want your reloading powder and ammo? Pork out of a pressure cooker is f'n delicious and you cant tell me otherwise

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
They do say it's temporary - out of respect... Not that I agree with the action, but I understand people feeling like they need to do SOMETHING to show respect. It's silly, I agree, but to say "the terrorists have won" is a bit over-dramatic.

Actually, I didn't say it. Just agree wholeheartedly.

Title of the article.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Horse crap if that company wanted to REALLY DO SOMETHING, we should be reading how they are donating 50 million dollars to the victims and families for new limbs (arms, legs, ect...) THAT would be doing SOMETHING not pulling cookers from their shelf.. A bunch of dumb basterds

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

They do say it's temporary - out of respect... Not that I agree with the action, but I understand people feeling like they need to do SOMETHING to show respect. It's silly, I agree, but to say "the terrorists have won" is a bit over-dramatic

Really? So people whom were in the streets chanting "USA.......USA.............USA" while having a sigh of release that the gestapo are done knocking down their doors and making them and their families come out of their homes with their hands in the air like they were criminals, OVER DRAMATIC?????

I would have to say that YES!!! "The TERRORISTS WON!"!

God damn, what in the hell is wrong with Americans, that they think their "protection" is worth more than their freedoms granted to them by the Constitution????

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I could cause more damage than what had happened at the Boston Bombings with my bare hands. Would we then have to walk around with our hands in our pockets to not show any disrespect?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
From what I could find, they have already put them back on the shelves.

Maybe there should be a size limit, how about just big enough to hold a single jar at a time? Nobody needs 10 jars at once. Looks like it is time to stock up before they are banned(it really is in everyone's best interest).

What if the had use coffee-makers?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74

Maybe there should be a size limit, how about just big enough to hold a single jar at a time? Nobody needs 10 jars at once. Looks like it is time to stock up before they are banned(it really is in everyone's best interest).

You made me choke on my Red Bull!

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The only reason they did it was for the publicity.

Nobody associated the bombing with their company or product.

Do people blame Ford when a drunk driver kills people? no.

It's pretty low to use the bombing to get your company in the spotlight....

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

Do people blame Ford when a drunk driver kills people? no....

It's pretty low to use the bombing to get your company in the spotlight....

1UP

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

LOL what?

Nobody needs 10 jars at once?

Tell ya when people can their fruits, and veggies, and Bacon they do.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

LOL what?

Hope you're reading between the lines Neo...

Knowing you, you probably got the reference tho...and now you're being sarcastic.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Too bad they are not pulling Claymore's from the shelves.

AX
FTNWO

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

LOL what?

Canned bacon? You are my new hero.

*I think he was being sarcastic

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Next they will ban beer bottles so nobody can throw mazal tov cocktails, then every type of pipe so we have no more pipe bombs, then envelopes so nobody can mail ricin then they should just hold everyone in America in a virtual state of house arrest so nobody can trip over a curb or stub their toe.

Total lockdown, that way if anyone is on the street, they can just shoot to kill, having people walking on streets is too dangerous to the public, maybe the family court can assign a case worker to come over and wipe by butt so I don't have to risk spranging a thumb, that would be great.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join