It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Terrorists Have Won: Williams-Sonoma Pulls Pressure Cookers From Shelves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well I "demand" that all males that resemble the two bombers should be thaken out of the streets to show respect, after all they are a living reminder of the terrorist. Occurs this just temporarily.

I guess I have to agree, terrorism has won once again.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by anton74
From what I could find, they have already put them back on the shelves.

Maybe there should be a size limit, how about just big enough to hold a single jar at a time? Nobody needs 10 jars at once. Looks like it is time to stock up before they are banned(it really is in everyone's best interest).

What if the had use coffee-makers?

LOL what?

Nobody needs 10 jars at once?

Tell ya when people can their fruits, and veggies, and Bacon they do.

don't forget canned fish. That would take forever to can 1 at a time. I think we usually do 10 or so cans at a time. (yes I know it's sarcasm)
edit on 25-4-2013 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

After this bombing, I tweeted several things: "Time to ban pressure cookers," and the like, as a response to the "ban guns" crowd. I also tweeted—and posted on ATS about—the "terrorists" winning when they have fundamentally altered our way of life.

Now, if one were so inclined, one (who is seriously conspiracy-minded) might say that the (even if this is temporary) effort to eliminate pressure cookers has an added intent of keeping people from being self-sufficient.

Pressure cookers are essential to safely can goods for long term storage. I have a pressure cooker: i can my garden grown produce every year. Without that, it would go to waste, and I would not have stuff for the winter. If one cannot safely can goods for one's own consumption, and is therefore reliant on being a consumer and what is "provided" by consumerism, then we are in even worse shape than we though.

I agree, though: what is happening to America? It's happening so fast, snowballing so quickly, that it seems impossible to impede what is happening. As the legislators operate, "ram it through," this seems to be the MO of everything these days. The quicker we do it, less opposition and reversal.

Dark times, indeed.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Maybe there should be a size limit, how about just big enough to hold a single jar at a time? Nobody needs 10 jars at once. Looks like it is time to stock up before they are banned(it really is in everyone's best interest).

Obviously you've never had a garden full of produce that needs preserving, and never operated a pressure cooker.

One can at a time? You gotta be kidding me.

Increase temperature, exhaust air, build pressure, then reduce pressure naturally so the jars don't depressurize too quickly and destroy the produce. Do you know how long this takes?

One jar at a time, jeez.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Not sure about reading "news" coming from a blog like Huffingtonpost. www.huffingtonpost.com... is not really news, we knew this along for the past 20 years or so. About the pressure cooker issue, let's ban humans from earth as we are the ones who are fudging up everything here. Right?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Why buy a new gourmet Williams Sonoma pressure cooker for $100-250 when you can buy a used one at a thrift shop for $5-15? What a "crock".
edit on 25-4-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
reply to post by jude11

After this bombing, I tweeted several things: "Time to ban pressure cookers," and the like, as a response to the "ban guns" crowd. I also tweeted—and posted on ATS about—the "terrorists" winning when they have fundamentally altered our way of life.

Now, if one were so inclined, one (who is seriously conspiracy-minded) might say that the (even if this is temporary) effort to eliminate pressure cookers has an added intent of keeping people from being self-sufficient.

Pressure cookers are essential to safely can goods for long term storage. I have a pressure cooker: i can my garden grown produce every year. Without that, it would go to waste, and I would not have stuff for the winter. If one cannot safely can goods for one's own consumption, and is therefore reliant on being a consumer and what is "provided" by consumerism, then we are in even worse shape than we though.

I agree, though: what is happening to America? It's happening so fast, snowballing so quickly, that it seems impossible to impede what is happening. As the legislators operate, "ram it through," this seems to be the MO of everything these days. The quicker we do it, less opposition and reversal.

Dark times, indeed.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

My thoughts automatically went to not being able to buy them with cash over the net. CC only for tracking of the new WMD.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Pressure canning ( with a pressure cooker ) is essential for canning almost all the meats and most vegatables, so that would really mess up the farmers wives..and all the survivalists, and the buggouters

also
nothing tenderizes road kill that has toughened up in the weather like a pressure cooker does, and it does it very quickly, and so uses less fuel

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Obviously you've never had a garden full of produce that needs preserving, and never operated a pressure cooker.

Increase temperature, exhaust air, build pressure, then reduce pressure naturally so the jars don't depressurize too quickly and destroy the produce. Do you know how long this takes?

One jar at a time, jeez.

I do can and I have a garden. In fact my mother has been canning for 50 yrs. I'm guessing you missed the sarcasm and reference to high capacity magazines for rifles.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The Prussians are not coming. Napoleon has won.

We lost our pressure cookers. The terrorists have won.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

One jar at a time, jeez.

I do can and I have a garden. In fact my mother has been canning for 50 yrs. I'm guessing you missed the sarcasm and reference to high capacity magazines for rifles.

I'm guessing I did.

Carry on.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
In a caring gesture of community fellowship to my beloved ATS members who aren't catching sarcasm in others' posts...

Here's a lovely little smiley gif that we can all use at the end of our posts so as to be sure our communications with one another no longer gets lost in translation:

I made it especially for any future sarcastic posts I may be making here on ATS, but have yet to actually use it.

So go ahead and steal it if you must.

"right click -> save as"

(My apologies to the ATS members who are of the male gender kind... you'll just have to get used to the idea of pigtails)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
In a caring gesture of community fellowship to my beloved ATS members who aren't catching sarcasm in others' posts...

Here's a lovely little smiley gif that we can all use at the end of our posts so as to be sure our communications with one another no longer gets lost in translation:

I made it especially for any future sarcastic posts I may be making here on ATS, but have yet to actually use it.

So go ahead and steal it if you must.

"right click -> save as"

(My apologies to the ATS members who are of the male gender kind... you'll just have to get used to the idea of pigtails)

Nice!

ATS should put this in the smiley section for everyone's use.

Too many misunderstandings sometimes.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
They have apologized for pulling the pressure cookers and have re-stocked their shelves.

Source

"Pressure cookers are available at all our stores nationwide.

"In the days immediately following the tragic bombings in Boston a local decision was made to remove pressure cookers from the sales floor of the stores near where the bombing occurred. We apologize if we offended anyone by this action."

I swear... :shk: people get offended by ANYTHING these days! I can't believe how many are so freaking righteously offended at this action! It's the silliest thing I've ever seen! Seriously, how can you be offended? I don't get it.

reply to post by jude11

Originally posted by jude11
Actually, I didn't say it. Just agree wholeheartedly.

I don't care who said it - it's over-dramatic and sensationalistic.

reply to post by starfoxxx

Totally agree. A nice fat donation would be better than pulling a product from their shelves for a few days. I just don't think it's offensive that they made a show of support.

reply to post by seeker1963

Originally posted by seeker1963
Really? So people whom were in the streets chanting "USA.......USA.............USA" while having a sigh of release that the gestapo are done knocking down their doors and making them and their families come out of their homes with their hands in the air like they were criminals, OVER DRAMATIC?????

I don't know how you got that from my post.
But from your post, I can see that being over-dramatic isn't a problem for you.

I gotta say, I'm surprised at how many responded to my calmly-worded post.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So, it was only a couple of their stores in the Boston area and corporate had nothing to do with the decision.

"In the days immediately following the tragic bombings in Boston a local decision was made to remove pressure cookers from the sales floor of the stores near where the bombing occurred. We apologize if we offended anyone by this action."

Kent, a store manager of the Williams-Sonoma at the Natick Mall says:

"It's a temporary thing out of respect."

It's amazing how things can snowball so easily.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
It's pretty low to use the bombing to get your company in the spotlight....

Unless you can trick people into believing you're doing it out of respect...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

hahaha it's actually Molotov cocktails, named after some Russian guy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join