It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Ties Boston Bombings To Online Conspiracy Sites

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Why would it be a surprise if someone who has been fed BS by a conspiracy site actually goes out and "tried to do something about it"??

Do you really think that all the ranting against "the system", the Govt, the NWO (whether controlled by any particular identifiable group or not), etc written on such sites is just harmless fun? That no-one could ever possibly take it seriously and "take action" as is so often called for?

And when they do you seriously think that it is all a plot to shut down said sites??

That's about as neat a circular argument as any on here!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

That is utter #. I have been a member here for a while now (infowars too) and i dont wanna go and blow people up.

They just looking for something to blame their actions on because they know that its getting out that those guys were famed.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I knew as soon as this happened it was domestic terrorism fed by angry, anti-government malcontents. It was insanely obvious. I didn't know the hows are whys, but that is coming out and it makes it even more obvious.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Hm. While we've been all asking "If this is a false flag, what would it be focused towards getting rid of our repressing?"

... and what if the answer is US! Sites like ATS!

Conspiracy theorists have always been prone to self-aggrandizement and delusions of persecution. Now you guys are making yourselves the victims in the Boston bombings. Shameful.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Of course they have. It's the easiest method of getting people who are able to think for themselves to stop. Target their communities where they actually think outside the mainstream box. Easiest way to do that is to tie it in with some form of terrorist action any way they can. (Even if they have to lie.)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Just some more bs from the biggest bs artists on the planet. While they are pulling this off, the government are sending paychecks to terrorists overseas. There you go MSM, a real news story for you's ya bunch of NAZI's.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by Bluesma
Hm. While we've been all asking "If this is a false flag, what would it be focused towards getting rid of our repressing?"

... and what if the answer is US! Sites like ATS!

Conspiracy theorists have always been prone to self-aggrandizement and delusions of persecution. Now you guys are making yourselves the victims in the Boston bombings. Shameful.

It was meant to be humorous, silly!

-but now that you put me into a defense stance, I can debate the potential- it isn't that far out there.

It is exactly things like "delusions of prosecution" and "self-aggrendizement" that is often a motivating fuel of acts of terrorism.

I do not believe, personally, that this event was a "false flag"- I am not into that stuff.

BUT

I can imagine, quite easily, events of that sort being used to whatever ends they make available. Opportunites to take adavantage of.

And another illustration of how we create our experiences- the more we focus on being victimized, the more our chance that we WILL be!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
reply to post by xXSvenXx

I think your missing the point of the whole OP, the article from BIN (which is spot on imo) is explaining that the AP is linking consiracy sites to the bombers actions.The AP names InfoWars that Tamerlanas had an interest in.Rather than all the real world drama that the US is either cause of or involved with.

This is from the AP..

Tamerlan took an interest in Infowars, a conspiracy theory website. Khozhugov said Tamerlan was interested in finding a copy of the book ‘‘The Protocols of the Elders of Zion,’’ the classic anti-Semitic hoax, first published in Russia in 1903, that claims a Jewish plot to take over the world.
www.boston.com...

Which casts us in a bad light not the governments actions in a bad light,that one day may shut these sites down.Then they`ll have much more of a free reign.

lol out of that whole article only infowars is mentioned not ATS and it was only mentioned in passing it was not even the subject of the article.
I think you guys are making a mountain out a mole hill.
And only reading into it what you want.
The whole point of that article was to show how the boys where manipulated and how that manipulation can spread to others.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If its not a false flag, they have it coming from all their national and international actions that I no longer believe anything that is publicized. Its their fault I don't believe them. This is to me a false flag and after AJ's confrontation with Morgan, more or less saw this coming.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Why would it be a surprise if someone who has been fed BS by a conspiracy site actually goes out and "tried to do something about it"??

It wouldn`t be surprising at all,I`d bet others have in the past.

Why didn`t the AP mention all the unBS that happens by the US thats discussed and they actually go out and "tried to do something about it"??

What the MSM article did say in short was,Islam this, Islam that and a conspiracy site,yet again leaving out all the other legit reasons why they could have been also angered or provoked.

Do you really think that all the ranting against "the system", the Govt, the NWO (whether controlled by any particular identifiable group or not), etc written on such sites is just harmless fun? That no-one could ever possibly take it seriously and "take action" as is so often called for?

I`d believe real life events that happen around the world would be far more a motivation than anything written on a forum.

Thats about as serious or more than a heart attack.

And when they do you seriously think that it is all a plot to shut down said sites??

Thats just stupid on purpose,I doubt there would be a living soul that believes that just over this said massacre its a plot to shut down a site,sounds like you do more than anyone though.Whats being observed is who or what they mention.

I take you don`t believe the MSM is controled or BS either.

At least we got reports down here that said the people behind the Bali bombings that killed 20 and injuring over 100 others was directed at Australians because of our involvement with Iraq,which if you can remember was BS from the US gov to invade another country that we followed there as a friend in support to the US because of 9-11. Though your welcome to believe the US gov and MSM and that what friends do to friends.

But lets not also forget this nugget of crap amongst the miriade of others of why people might not like America..

If these were 500,000 US kids that died you guys would give a crap then.

We do also get BS from the MSM "our soldiers are over there (some dead and bought home,no that part`s not BS)protecting our freedom fighting dudes in caves on the other side of the planet" and also much of the American news we get,where they should be reporting on more important events here at home.(Indoctrination)

While we also have American armed forces and bases on our soil creating us tensions with China where there needn`t be,who is a good business partner with us.

From most of what I read the US citizens don`t even like or trust their government yet you think foreigners should? many have felt or witnessed first hand America bringing freedom to their country.

But nope its Islam or a conspiracy site thats the real trouble and cause.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Does this really surprise anyone? Not the media trying to blame conspiracy sites, but that a member of these sites could commit violent acts? Anti-government sentiment permeates ATS. We regularly see people espousing violent revolution. It stands to reason that we'll eventually have people acting on these beliefs. I mean we've already had at least two ATS members commit acts of violence that were seemingly connected to the beliefs they expressed on here. That's not to say conspiracy sites are the cause of these acts. However, they can easily cause these anti-government sentiments to grow rather rapidly. So, while I'm not advocating any kind of censorship I do think people on here need to think a little bit more about what they're writing before hitting the reply button. The person you're talking to could easily be just another armchair theorist but there is the possibility that it may be some kind of radical that are taking all the calls for violent revolution to heart.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

There are always going to be nut jobs that think killing or violence is an answer to something whether they visit a web site or not.

But don`t worry about a violent revolution on mass,that would only happen if they tried to touch your personal guns,that you guys keep telling everyone will happen,better be careful someone might take that seriously and act on it.

But they always seem to get a looong stream of stars in support.

Its best if we start warning them to be careful before they hit reply.

edit on 25-4-2013 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Does this really surprise anyone? Not the media trying to blame conspiracy sites, but that a member of these sites could commit violent acts? Anti-government sentiment permeates ATS. We regularly see people espousing violent revolution. It stands to reason that we'll eventually have people acting on these beliefs. I mean we've already had at least two ATS members commit acts of violence that were seemingly connected to the beliefs they expressed on here. That's not to say conspiracy sites are the cause of these acts. However, they can easily cause these anti-government sentiments to grow rather rapidly. So, while I'm not advocating any kind of censorship I do think people on here need to think a little bit more about what they're writing before hitting the reply button. The person you're talking to could easily be just another armchair theorist but there is the possibility that it may be some kind of radical that are taking all the calls for violent revolution to heart.

Wow, the FIRST logical and thought out piece of opposing criticism so far in the thread. Bravo sir, Bravo!!!!!

Isn't this what ATS used to be about, discussion rather than undermining someone or some info?

You bring up a great point, in that alternative media does create anti government sentiment. Whilst 99% of people don't see violence as the answer, there is a small % who will, or more accurately, are capable of being incited into carrying out attacks.

What happens is that they will be targeted by the intelligence services and provided with the equipment and training they need to carry out attacks. In many ways, you could say they are groomed.

This video does a great job of explaining-

FBI patsies...

Tamerlan Tsarnaev was brought to the attention of the FBI in 2011, so he may well have been under their control since then. He was clearly known to them for almost two years, yet they claimed he wasn't known to them when his picture was first released as a suspect.

Why would the FBI and CIA be involved with this? Well it is part of the agenda, to mold and manipulate public opinion- islamic terrorists under the influence of 'conspiracy sites'- hence alternative media is dangerous and if this escalates, and more attacks are planned, under a state of emergency 'conspiracy theorists' could be rounded up, the DHS HAS been stockpiling ammo, FEMA camps are being built, fusion centers are real and in operation, who knows where this could lead?

People write the latter half of my points off yet the government is taking the vast number of people being influenced by alternative media VERY seriously.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I guess this means that the "conspiracy" people might actually have some facts right. Why bother telling the media to single out conspiracy websites if they aren't hitting a little to close to home?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
The government controlled corporate media is now claiming Boston Bomber Tamerlan was influenced by online conspiracy sites.

Pardon the correction - but it should read "Zionist controlled propaganda machine" insofar as they control the government as well. In fact, they are in control of the entire American society. You think not? Please think again.......Thank you........

edit on 25-4-2013 by CasaVigilante because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Why has BeforeItsNews.com not been banned as a source on ATS?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Conspiracy discussions and "how to make a bomb" sites
are two totally different animals. They shouldn't lump that together.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Are any of you reading the full article or are you just making wild assumptions based on the OP's opinion?
The article is not about the conspiracy sites the boys visited.
It only briefly mentions one site.

Please read people and then give your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Does this really surprise anyone? Not the media trying to blame conspiracy sites, but that a member of these sites could commit violent acts? Anti-government sentiment permeates ATS.

Newp. I've been saying for years that Alex Jones will provide the nutcase who does whatever has to be done to act as the final straw. You can't whip people up into a frenzy and convince them the government is coming to kill them, without expecting a few people to go all in.

But here's the thing. False flag.... Crazy conspiracy bomber......

When did the Boston Marathon become a symbol of government? What connection does the boston marathon have to the government these crazy people were against? none.

what connection does it have to the wars the bombers were upset about? none.

This is a true act of terrorism, a true soft target, done solely to instill terror in those who aren't killed. There is no military value. There is no financial value.

i'm sorry it just has me completely stumped as to why the Marathon would be used as an attack against a government, that just doesn't float with me.

So for me, either it's a false flag, which still seems extremely unlikely... Or it's two truly insane people who decided to try to kill a bunch of innocent people.

One thing stands clear, and I'm sure I saw some members express this almost instantly. "They" will use it against "us" in whatever way they can figure out. Link them to alternative sites, pass even more restrictive internet legislation, but wait.... they already passed all of that restrictive legislation.

That's the game right there, they will use this event, and events like it, real or manufactured, to turn the anti-terrorism apparatus back against all of us. Once you link people like us with "terrorists" then we instantly have no rights, they don't have to follow the judicial system.

It's starting to make sense. I guess we should all be thankful ATS isn't mentioned by name.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join