It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Ties Boston Bombings To Online Conspiracy Sites

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Have people forgotten this one...

"let us never tolerate outragous conspiracy theories concerning the attacks of september the 11th,malicious lies that attempt to shift the blame away from the terrorists themselves ,away from the guilty."

Read as "don`t question us"

And again who was found out with malicious lies about Iraq,where this has been raging for ten years...

Just recent on the 16th of this month..

Officials said more than 30 bombings and a shooting hit 12 different areas of Iraq, leaving 50 people dead and nearly 300 injured, making Monday the country's deadliest day since March 19.
www.abc.net.au...

I`m personally ashamed of our support in this,you`ve crapped on our flag and nation.

Anyone remember this topic coming up here at ATS?,I do, not long after the invasion.

As soon as the US took over Iraq, it became clear its interests were not limited to oil. In 2004, Paul Bremer, the then military head of the Provisional Authority imposed as many as a hundred laws which made short work of Iraq’s sovereignty.

The most crippling for the people and the economy of Iraq was Order 81 which deals, among other things, with plant varieties and patents. The goal was brutally clear-cut and sweeping — to wipe out Iraq’s traditional, sustainable agriculture and replace it with oil-chemical-genetically-modified-seed-based industrial agriculture.

With a single stroke of the pen, Iraq’s agriculture was axed, while Order 81 facilitated the introduction and domination of imported, high-priced corporate seeds, mainly from the US — which neither reproduce, nor give yields without their prescribed chemical fertiliser and pesticide inputs.

tribune.com.pk...

Yeah spreading the truth of what they did and do would be a thorn in their side and would want conspiracy sites shut down,its not just about the Boston bombings referenced.

When are those directly responsable going to be held accountable?,that the MSM never push? at least Hitler got what he deserved and Germany is not proud about itself over it,yet these criminals walk free and live in luxury.

While the lie continues that they push and is swallowed "they hate us because of our freedom" can`t be its because of:control,greed,arrogance,pride,selfish,corrupt,unjust,murderous,liars.That force themselves on others to become like themselves.No lets blame conspiarcy web sites or topics discussed.

Order out of Chaos.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I don't remember this but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. At the same time though what did it change? People got offended for a week and then forgot about it, Guantanamo is still open and for all we know still committing the same kind of crimes, If anything it just made Guantanamo become more secretive.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Anybody else wonder if 'Misha' was undercover FBI? We all know they try and push people to do these things so they can bust them and show America they're getting some kind of results. Maybe 'Misha' wasn't fully aware of what he was up to...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't think I will be post much here because there seems to be a lot of rules and I might break one ... but this is relevant.

I saw the video of the naked man who some said was the elder brother and others said was the carjacked driver.

Wolf Blitzer today said the driver was Chinese therefore if the video was real then it was the elder brother. This would make the whole story a suspected fabrication.

I don't know what AP think of that.

Who was the naked man?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

In the years before the Boston Marathon bombings, Tamerlan Tsarnaev fell under the influence of a new friend, a Muslim convert who steered the religiously apathetic young man toward a strict strain of Islam, family members said.

Under the tutelage of a friend known to the Tsarnaev family only as Misha, Tamerlan gave up boxing and stopped studying music, his family said. He began opposing the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. He turned to websites and literature claiming that the CIA was behind the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and Jews controlled the world.

Ok there are the first two paragraphs of the A.P article which BIN, base there story on.

Now here's what caught my eye....................................................

In the years before the Boston Marathon bombings, Tamerlan Tsarnaev fell under the influence of a new friend, a Muslim convert who steered the religiously apathetic young man toward a strict strain of Islam, family members said.

Sure sounds to me that whoever this guy was , he is the person that influenced Tamerlan.

Yes he did view conspiracy web sites, but the article never said they influenced him. As usual BIN takes what they want from a article, then leaves the rest. BIN is one of the least reliable sources I have ever read, right up there with the National Enquirer.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This with the article on the BBC about the guy who was wrongfully accused of being in on the bomb plot ending up dead tie together. They are targeting conspiracy websites. With fear on their side they could easily scare people into allowing them to shut down websites such as ATS simply because it "breeds terrorists".

The BBC article mentions how internet investigations should be banned. How else would you do this other than censoring the internet?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
Sure sounds to me that whoever this guy was , he is the person that influenced Tamerlan.

Who influences those to sign up to the US war machine?

Pot meet kettle.

But who started the mess,nope couldn`t be the US who loves to stick its nose in and interfere with other countries, while "pretending" to be the white hatted cowboy worlds police riding off into the sun set to cheers of USA USA were No1.

From those who wrote Operation Northwoods

Or performed these experiments on its own citizenzs Project MKUltra if memory serves correct it was mainly performed on blacks because they were so easy to come by.

Yes he did view conspiracy web sites, but the article never said they influenced him. As usual BIN takes what they want from a article, then leaves the rest. BIN is one of the least reliable sources I have ever read, right up there with the National Enquirer.

Your right and it didn`t say the conspiracy web site influenced him,it was implied by only mentioning Islam this Islam that and Infowars.Sorta how programming works,the TV works best though.

BIN`s article was only saying in short "who will be named next,all of us?" which is good to talk about imo for one.

What source now though can be relied upon as the gospel truth when the CIA has for donkeys years (back to the 1940`s)infiltrated the MSM and so many others timeline maybe its best to go by the fruit,rather than words.

Oh and internet forums,to misinform,discredit people or muddy the topic.(funny pic by the way,just at tad misleading)

When professional shills and government propaganda through the MSM have a great deal of success and win people over,there`s a bucket load of unpaid unwitting shills,and report only to their slant,thats how they get away with what they can.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Howard Stern used to say that one of his largest demographics was people who hated him and on average they listened longer than people who liked him. I'm guessing the same thing could be said in spades for people who listen to Alex Jones.

Nobody could possibly make the case that listening to Alex Jones makes people love him or espouse his theories. Judging from the YouTube comments, many people who listen to Alex hate him.

I love Alex but even I can't take more than 20 minutes or so at a time. If I listened more I would probably start to hate him too.

Connecting radio shows or websites to terrorist activity is still something that needs to be monitored by the fans. We don't want our enjoyment curtailed because of the actions of a couple of extremists.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Okay.. if you go to the actual source for this, it's about as casual a mention as it can be. This thread is just sensationalism. The actual article never mentions the book or the words "conspiracy" or "theorist or "infowars." If this was an effort to connect him to conspiracy theorists.. it's really weak.

Actual source before "beforeitsnews" HERE
edit on 25-4-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Um.. yes it does. Very clearly you didn't read page two of your own link:

Bomb suspect influenced by mysterious radical
By ADAM GOLDMAN, ERIC TUCKER and MATT APUZZO
Associated Press / April 23, 2013

Tamerlan took an interest in Infowars, a conspiracy theory website. Khozhugov said Tamerlan was interested in finding a copy of the book ‘‘The Protocols of the Elders of Zion,’’ the classic anti-Semitic hoax, first published in Russia in 1903, that claims a Jewish plot to take over the world.

‘‘He never said he hated America or he hated the Jews,’’ Khozhugov said. ‘‘But he was fairly aggressive toward the policies of the U.S. toward countries with Muslim populations. He disliked the wars.’’
www.boston.com...

- PS

So, once again beforeitsnews, just like ATS, has merit. You just have to do your own research to get to the bottom of what's being said. And sometimes it's actually true.

edit on 4/27/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: PS, "reply to" line

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
This is not going to end well for you and I (aka, the people). The government's disdain for conspiracy websites/forums/theorists is NOT a conspiracy. It's a well known FACT. (for everyone calling this sensationalism). Ever heard of Cass Sunstein???

That guy is as bad as Bill Ayers. He's out of the administration now, tho, Right?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tulkor
This with the article on the BBC about the guy who was wrongfully accused of being in on the bomb plot ending up dead tie together. They are targeting conspiracy websites. With fear on their side they could easily scare people into allowing them to shut down websites such as ATS simply because it "breeds terrorists".

The BBC article mentions how internet investigations should be banned. How else would you do this other than censoring the internet?

There was a really good investigator on the BBC looking into Obama's background, eligibility etc. He was taken off the job. They came up with a half hour whitewash programme instead.

Without the internet there is no investigation. The BBC has to sell its programmes to America.

Newspapers are the only other source of information but all the stories are at the editor's discretion.

For instance ... the BBC would never look into anything like this ...

www.occupycorporatism.com...

They would never look into anything about America but they would about any other country.

edit on 27-4-2013 by ElizaWindso because: example

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Hmmmm, I know I have a solid argument when the reply has to go so far off topic to respond to my post.

I never claimed to give a solid source. I just pointed out a VERY unreliable one.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Most news agencies accept what they are told by the Government. They wait for the talking points.

Most people want to accept it too.

It's a well knows psychological fact that most people go for the least brain taxing option.

That's what they play on.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

You can keep telling yourself that while also giving a desperate plea of "off topic" that you`ve got a solid arguement if it makes you feel better,though the reality is....oh forget it,the reality I think is possibly too much for you to handle.

Myself I think some fights are worth it,internet freedom being one of them.

Another media site that may or may not interest you..Everything Is Rigged: Biggest Scandal Yet some people wake up albeit too late,if you don`t want to follow the money trail on who you can trust or not then you may want to send an email to them of a tin foil hat wearing dude,and pretend your solid.

The whole premise of that (for one at least that I`m aware of) BIN article has legs to stand on,though you kicking at its knee`s is duly noted.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Clearly the only 100% innocent parties are the ADL, the SPLC, the NAACP, and the Democratic party. Everybody else is guilty of hate-crimes.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't think it's fair to blame conspiracy sites for the crackpot's bombing spree.But I think not only did he have a twisted view of Islam but a twisted view of conspiracy theories.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join