It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GE Capital Cuts Off Financing To Gun Stores

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
GE is one of the biggest manufacturers of weapons in the world, and they are one of the largest benefactors of the Military Industrial Complex. Their financing arm, GE Capital, has decided to stop financing gun manufacturers. This is one of the most hypocritical things I have ever seen.... guns and ammo for the globalist machine, but the little peasant surfs get nothing. They are showing their true colors.... this is the very definition of Fascism... Government and Corporations working together to achieve a political end.

Welcome to the new Fascist Amerika where only those businesses aligning with the goals of our fascist overlords are allowed to succeed. As the WSJ has reports tonight, GE Capital has just cut off all funding to gun dealers across the US: This month, Glenn Duncan, owner of Duncan’s Outdoor Store in Bay City, Mich., said he received a letter from GE Capital Retail Bank in which the lender said it had made “the difficult decision” to stop providing financing services to his store. Other gun dealers have received similar notices. With the Senate failing to pass Obama’s signature gun control legislation this week, it appears that the banksters are taking the destruction of the 2nd amendment into their own hands.

My source

General Electric Co. is quietly cutting off lending to gun shops, as the company rethinks its relationship to firearms amid the fallout from the school shooting in Newtown, Conn. This month, Glenn Duncan, owner of Duncan’s Outdoor Store in Bay City, Mich., said he received a letter from GE Capital Retail Bank in which the lender said it had made “the difficult decision” to stop providing financing services to his store. Other gun dealers have received similar notices. GE (NYSE:GE) is at least the second big financial firm to retreat from the gun business following the school shootings, which claimed the lives of 20 first-graders and six adults in December.

WSJ Article

note* It seems that you now need a subscription to read WSJ articles, which is why I included the other link above

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

GE is a non-governmental organization and can as they please. I'm all for gun rights, but I'm also for economic rights. If the corporation no longer desires to provide capital to gun manufacturers, so be it. There's not really anything we can (or really should) do about it. If you disapprove, don't buy any GE products or services.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHonestMan

GE is a non-governmental organization and can as they please. I'm all for gun rights, but I'm also for economic rights. If the corporation no longer desires to provide capital to gun manufacturers, so be it. There's not really anything we can (or really should) do about it. If you disapprove, don't buy any GE products or services.

I would agree with you, if only the CEO of GE and Obama were not BFF's. If only GE wasn't the recipient of BILLIONS of tax payer dollars for a bailout, and if only they paid their "fair share" of corporate taxes. I would agree if GE didn't get "no bid" contracts worth billions to produce green energy, which has been a miserable failure. This is much more than a private company deciding not to do business with a certain industry (guns)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Government and Corporations working together to achieve a political end.

Ya no #### ! End as in The End.

SnF and thank you.
edit on 24-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

GE is one of the biggest manufacturers of weapons in the world, and they are one of the largest benefactors of the Military Industrial Complex

I highly suggest people research GE's ties to Iran.

Ge such a hypocrite.

“We don’t run a charity at GE. We’re in business to make money for our investors.” – General Electric CEO Jeff Immelt

frontpagemag.com...

So they don't run a "charity", but cuts off financing to gun stores!!!!

GE Government Express.
edit on 24-4-2013 by neo96 because: typo

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

I would agree with you, if only the CEO of GE and Obama were not BFF's. If only GE wasn't the recipient of BILLIONS of tax payer dollars for a bailout, and if only they paid their "fair share" of corporate taxes. I would agree if GE didn't get "no bid" contracts worth billions to produce green energy, which has been a miserable failure. This is much more than a private company deciding not to do business with a certain industry (guns)

What does it matter if the CEO and Obama are friends? The CEO can do as he pleases regardless of who he knows. The restrictions, if any, should be placed on Obama to ensure he is not unfairly favoring GE. We fully agree that GE should not receive any tax payer funds or be awarded with no bid contracts. That's the governments moral and ethical flaw - not GE's.

"Fair share" is a campaign slogan. One could argue that those individuals who pay no taxes need to pay their fair share. It has no objective meaning, and thus is not relevant in this discussion (or any serious conversation for that matter).

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
While this is crap and disturbing, for every company that hates the 2nd amendment - there are 4 that will do everything in their power to uphold and protect it along with the rest of the constitution.

They will never stop trying, but they just haven't realized there's no stopping us.... we are freedom-loving Americans! And we are dying to prove it!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHonestMan

Not quite "non governmental", with all of their contracts with and in the USA and their inability to pay their BILLIONS of dollars in tax debt...
It seems they owe the US, maybe we just annex their corporation to settle the debt?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
they are idiots.. if they cared about their shareholders then they would not deny loans to certain business's unless they are having high default rates on their loans which doens't seem to be the issue.

so in fact what they are doing is opening up other finance companies to step in and take their business away from them.. because I can promise you another finance company will gladly take on the huge business they will be losing.

as well as if second amendment supporters are smart they will boycott anything GE costing them even more profits which also wont help out their shareholders.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The Government has GE by the ying-yang. They have an incestuous relationship. They're just doing the government's bidding with yet another nudge toward weakening our 2A right.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It's posible GE, which built the reactors at Fukushima, and several other reactors that are similar in the US, which are also run by TEPCO, and are built on fault lines, and water supplies, and are all long past their due dates, may figure there is a vaslty reduced chance of collecting that credit over time.

edit on 24-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Yes, Jeffrey Immelt, GE CEO, is head of the President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board (and an Obama supporter).....reportedly, despite billions of dollars in revenues GE paid no US taxes the last few years.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

It's funny how the article yaps on about fascism, when GE is a private business, they are well within their right to cut or refuse finance to groups or individuals. What? Do you want to stop them from doing this?

If you're not happy with GE, hey, go and boycott their services.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm not surprised, considering the public spectacle made by Obama and the GE Chairman about their "friendship" and "partnership" a few years back. Obama needed someone to pour more gas on the gun rights failure he recently experienced. You know, get us one way or another.
edit on 4/25/2013 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

GE may be the largest manufacturer in the world, but they are NOT the only manufacturer of arms in the world.

There are 300 million registered guns in US alone, and many more elsewhere in the world. If it decides to go against the 2nd amendment and remain top dog, then they are free to do so, for America is a free country where Capitalism rules, which means ANY other compettitor in the world is FREE to muscle in on the market share with better innovations.

And regulators only need to apply the RULE OF LAW, with regards to the regulation of ALL companies, to ensure level playing field, and NEVER to allow GE to dictate the market, or Congress can as well just throw the sacred constitution into any bin left outside congress, never to be trusted again if it lets GE be tyrant.

The People's eyes, are ever watchful.....
edit on 25-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

when GE is a private business

GE is publicly traded.

In any case, I think this is a non-event.

GE Capital will pull the plug on lending to fewer than 75 retailers, says spokesman Russell Wilkerson.

They still feel more strongly about money than they do guns...

GE will continue to lend to other businesses that sell firearms, including Wal-Mart, the nation’s largest seller of firearms and ammunition, and Dick's Sporting Goods

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yes, it is their right. And it's our right to boycott GE products, their broadcast network NBC, and their cable partner Comcast.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Just in case you wanted to know, here is a list, compiled from GE Capital's own website of companies that they offer financing for.

GE Capital

AUTO
America's Tire
American Car Care Centers
CarCarONE
Discount Tire
Kauffman Tire
Maaco
Meineke
Midas
Pep Boys
ELECTRONICS
Abt
BERNINA
Bjorns
BrandsMart USA
Conns
Crutchfield
Goedekers
hhgregg
OneCall
Paul’s TV inside Art Van
PC Richard & Son
Sony Store
Vanns
Westrich
FLOORING
Adairs
Carpet Barn
Carpet Mill Outlet
Carpet One
Carpeteria
Flooring America
Jabaras
Lumber Liquidators
Mohawk
Pierce Flooring
Sam Kinnairds Flooring
Shaw Floors
World of Floors inside Art Van
HEALTHCARE
CareCredit
SPORTING GOODS
Freedom to Ride
Golfsmith
Specialzed Bicycles
HOME FURNISHINGS
American Signature
Art Van
Ashley
Drexel
Furniture World IN
Furniture World PA
Grand
Havertys
Hudsons
Johnny Janosik
L Fish
La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
Mattress Discounters
Metro Mattress
Morris
Pieratts
Regency
Rooms To Go
Sheelys
Sleep Country
Sleep Number
Sleep Train
Sleepys
Thomasville
Value City
Westrich
World Market
HOME IMPROVEMENT
Bargain Outlet
Blains
Champion Windows
McCoys
Sutherlands
System Pavers
HVAC
Bargain Outlet
Blains
Champion Windows
McCoys
Sutherlands
System Pavers
JEWELRY
Diamonds on Web
Tappers
Tivol
Ultra Diamonds
LAWN AND GARDEN
Husqvarna
System Pavers
Toro
MUSIC
Sam Ash
EYE CARE
LensCrafters
POWER SPORTS
Kawasaki
Suzuki

I have no intention of using any of the products and services that are partnered with GE Capital until they change this policy. Luckily, of all the businesses listed I don't see a one that doesn't have a major competitor who is not partnered with GE Capital.

EDIT TO ADD:

Oh, and let's not forget

The Wall Street Journal, which originally reported Wednesday’s news, made an additional connection between GE and Sandy Hook: the father of the shooter, Peter Lanza, is a GE Capital executive.

from forbes because WSJ is behind a pay wall

edit on 25-4-2013 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

*Phone ringing*
Jeff Immelt: "Nin hao wei! United States Council of Jobs & Competitiveness, this is Immelt San speaking."
Obama: "Jeff, Barry here!"
Immelt: "Mr. President, how are you today? Any news on the potential new manufacturing plan locations in Hanshu you were going to look into?"
Obama: "What? Oh, nothing on that yet. This call is on a different matter. I need a favor from GE."
Immelt: "What? Mr. President, Barrack, Barry... I'm not sure that would be *cough* proper, *chuckle* seeing as how I'm a Federal advisor and the CEO of GE... *chortle* what would the taxpayers say?"
Obama: *muffled noise* "Thanks, I really needed that laugh after the past few weeks I've had. Seriously though, remember when I set up all those, uh, greek tax breaks for GE?"
Immelt: "You mean Green tax breaks, Barrack?"
Obama: "Huh? Oh yeah, Green... whatever it was we called them after we set them up for you. Anyway, I said you'd owe me and now I really need a favor."
Immelt: "Say it and it's yours, my friend."
Obama: "Well, those meddlesome American people managed to brainwash some Senators into actually following the wishes of their constitutents and I'm now stuck on this dumb gun control issue. Yeah, I really stepped in it here. Anyway, I know GE Capital has a few public firearm dealers they loan money to..."
Immelt: "You mean American small businesses that are conducting perfectly legal business and living the American dream, Mr. President?"
Obama: "Yep, The thing is I need that stopped ASAP. Cut them off, no more money, Sayonara as our most prominent business partners like to say."
Immelt: "So let it be written..."
Obama: "So let it be done!"

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

The above is satire... funny thing about satire, it is usually based more in reality and usually captures the true gravitas of the subjects a lot more precisely than actual news reporting does.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
GE is one of the biggest manufacturers of weapons in the world, and they are one of the largest benefactors of the Military Industrial Complex. Their financing arm, GE Capital, has decided to stop financing gun manufacturers. This is one of the most hypocritical things I have ever seen....

It's a private business, nothing to do with the government, so the company can do what it likes within the law. It's up to their customers to make a protest about it if they feel the need to.

This the same as any private company. If you don't like something they are doing - or are not doing - vote with your wallet and show your dissatisfaction. Otherwise, what a company does legally is nothing to do with you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join