It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing "Bibleman"! And a host of other kid-oriented indoctrination tools

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Really? This is what keeps you up at night huh? I can't imagine what a wreck your life must be since it doesn't even qualify as one of the serious problems considering there isn't even a consensus that it's a problem at all.

That's quite humorous.
My life is as far from a 'wreck' as you can imagine. My concern is the health of the children who are being raised by parents who would buy "Bibleman" for them and indoctrinate them rather than teaching them about 'world religions'.

It's a HUGE problem when Christian Fundies are behaving the same way that Islamist Fundies are behaving!

There is a consensus. This is BRAINWASHING.

You can defend it 'til the cows come home, but it is pure indoctrination and brainwashing. Just like boot camp for the armed services. Just like Jesus Camp.

Do you really have no idea how damaged the people are that survive that kind of indoctrination? What about the little preschooler children of Hamas? Dressed in fatigues.....
What about the African kids who were turned into warrior-slaves?

Do you really not see this??

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Thanks, sac. This forum is often beyond navigation. Even so, I'm not going to be silenced.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I've read so many tenderhearted comments from you speaking out against hate, yet your last few threads were prompted by your own hate for Christians. Hypocritical much?

Hypocritical not!

I don't "hate" anyone...I do hate and despise the kind of indoctrination that Bibleman represents. It totally promotes hatred, warfare, exclusion, and destruction of 'other thinking.'

I don't care if it's Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Republican, Democrat, Libertarian or Green Party.

WE NEED TO STOP HATING EACH OTHER, and LISTEN to one another. In my opinion, Bibleman is equivalent to Jack Chick tracts - and if those aren't hateful and bigoted, ignorant and sensationalist, then I don't know what those terms mean.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You are not hateful of anything but indoctrination.

And rightly so.

I haven't had such a good laugh in ages.

I think Superman is best.

He hasn't been corrupted by Paul and the other Romans

and he has better special effects than Bibleman.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

You are not hateful of anything but indoctrination.

And rightly so.

Thanks for your support.
I'm glad you've enjoyed the thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I did indeed.

I would recommend it to anyone.

Night night.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

I do believe parents still have the right to raise their own children.

Yes, they do!

And, unfortunately, they still have the right to damage their children by telling them they were born worthless sinners, and will go to hell unless they follow certain "rules and regulations"! To browbeat (or simply beat) them into submission. To teach them that everyone else is wrong and condemned.

They still have the right to send them to places like 'Jesus Camp', which only incites them to be violent!

All of that might be okay in your book, but in my book, it is WRONG.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
great... just what the world needs... another generation of intolerant .. primitive...murderous savages running around ... disgusting brainwashing kids to follow primitive ... barbaric superstition ... then people wonder why the world is so bolloxed ... christianity far more dangerous and kills far more than the illuminati do ...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The richest business you can get into is Church. It's like a food-chain for souls or whatever it's called. A kind of mind manipulation. Now JC is a spaceman and a new idol for the future, and it's all happening right now.
?But why.

I guess because what once of the past held sacred is in a sense dying, unable to sustain our ideal of the divine so a momentum of mathematical change occurs in those who seek to condition a particular reality of deity. Mainly though it's due to some corporate interest and investment for a greater cash return. No Jessie, it's ALL about the money savvy.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

A kind of mind manipulation.

Yes. A very obvious kind of 'mind manipulation', more popularly known on ATS as 'psyops.'

Thanks for posting.

edit on 24-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The problem is people who are convinced they have the answers & know what other people should believe in.

They push their ideology down people's throats & have no problem telling them exactly what they think is good for them like there is conclusive evidence out there somewhere that one method is better than the other.

People have a right to believe what they want to & also to raise their children how they want to & it's not your place to decided what is "brainwashing" & what is not.

I never heard of this "Bibleman" guy before & I don't really care how cheesy it is or what the point of the whole thing is. I just thought it was messed up when I stick my nose into a thread & see wholesale Christian bashing & mockery like you're better than someone because you don't believe what they believe.

You're not better than anyone - you're beliefs are your beliefs because that's the conclusion your life has lead you to but the problem is that you're just 1 out of 6 billion so take a number & stop trying to tell other people how to think.
edit on 24-4-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Thank you for your input, Expat.
It is quite troubling, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

The purple tubbie is gay tho... he needs bible-man... (or his lightsaber - whatever comes first)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

People have a right to believe what they want to & also to raise their children how they want to & it's not your place to decided what is "brainwashing" & what is not.

I'm not the one who decided it was 'brainwashing', coldkidc.

Yes, people have a right to believe what they want, and also to raise their children how they want.....
but brainwashing, or indoctrination, is what it is.

To put these thoughts of hell-fire and inherent worthlessness and 'original sin' and 'guilt' into a child's mind is tantamount to terrorism.

You don't have to believe that, and you don't have to accept it. But, it is what it is.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

That's an ignorant, hateful comment.

Christians have done plenty of good as well & many of them aren't as intolerant as you are

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You're right it is what it is

They believe in the Bible & Jesus & that they can teach their belief system & moral system to their own children

You believe that they are wrong & will likely indoctrinate your children against the "evils" of Christianity...also your right.

But what you fail to see is that your belief is not more "right" than theirs. You're doing the same thing. Leave them alone.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

They push their ideology down people's throats & have no problem telling them exactly what they think is good for them like there is conclusive evidence out there somewhere that one method is better than the other.

And you're in Texas, right?
Where they had all textbooks altered to leave out evolution?

There IS conclusive evidence that Punitive-God Belief causes mental health issues. You don't have to like that, or agree with it...but it is true all the same.

The methods of a Loving God, or an Indifferent God, help prevent and even heal the chronic low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, compulsion, and neurotic behavior of "Punitive, Angry God" thinking.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I moved to Texas from Colorado - not sure what the history is here other than it's red as hell which has nothing to do with this conversation since I'm not a native Texan.

Most of the churches I've been to weren't throwing fire & brimstone at me...not sure why you think it's all hell & damnation over at the chapel...

A loving & forgiving God is the basis of the teachings of the New Testament & Jesus so I'm not sure where you're coming from with that

Besides I didn't think we were talking about beating people over the head...in fact I was suggesting the exact opposite - that we let people believe what they want to & not mock them for that...you know - freedom of religion style?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

You believe that they are wrong & will likely indoctrinate your children against the "evils" of Christianity...also your right.

But what you fail to see is that your belief is not more "right" than theirs. You're doing the same thing. Leave them alone.

My children are grown and doing just fine.

My belief is based on science. The science of brain-training, early childhood development, and basic neurosis. Children who are sent to Jesus Camp, or are indoctrinated with hatred of everyone who is not their 'brand' of Christian are damaged by that.

Again, you don't have to like it or accept it, but it is well-established that little kids' brains, when injected with religious dogma (or, if you will, infected) become less able to think critically, or to see the flaws in their own "thinking", even while they are very able to point out the flaws in other religions.

But I don't expect you to respect my knowledge about this. You've also been indoctrinated. It's not even your fault.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

A loving & forgiving God is the basis of the teachings of the New Testament & Jesus so I'm not sure where you're coming from with that

You're not sure? Well, I'm talking about the Fundamentalist "You're going to hell!" thinking.

There's nothing wrong with a loving and forgiving God...
nothing at all.

There is a HUGE problem with "You will burn in hell forever" teaching. I'm talking about the condemning attitude of 'Fundamentalist Evangelicals' who think that everyone but they are going to hell, and frighten their children with 'original sin' and tenuous 'salvation.'

I hope you understand.

I also hope you will stick around to discuss this further.

edit on 24-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join