It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A skeptic's critique of 'Sirius'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
He doesn't believe it, and provides a few links to studies that lean that way.

Review by Robert Sheaffer, here:

badufos.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
When a movie uses known hoaxes and advertises them as real events, there's nothing to "buy". The movie should be turned off and thrown in the garbage can.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

OK, so I wasted $10 to watch Greer's UFO documentary film Sirius on-line on the night of its Word Premiere in Hollywood. I watched it so you won't have to.

Glad this guy wasted $10.00 so I don't have to think for myself.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

oberg...i might have know.

i respect anyone's opinion, but what's the point of this? why do you spend so much time concerned that people might find the concept of extraterrestrials visiting earth plausible? seems an ex nasa Employee of the Month might have better things to do than toil endlessly grinding away at poo-pooing what he considers utter fantasy. do you do the same thing to people who think they may have seen a ghost or bigfoot?

i only got to see half of the program before youtube pulled it. from what i saw, aside from Greer wandering off into New Age territory, it was pretty well done. just another opinion of course

ETA the entire article is an attack on Greer, not the information presented. Greer being a tool doesn't mean there are no aliens.
edit on 23-4-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
When a movie uses known hoaxes and advertises them as real events, there's nothing to "buy". The movie should be turned off and thrown in the garbage can.

Why would you want to throw "our" movie in the garbage can?

The epic gas mask scene is my favorite.

edit on 23-4-2013 by DeliberatusImmemor because: Planet Earth showing in select theaters this weekend

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I haven't seen it yet, but did look at the test page where they show the Xrays and talk abou the DNA. Seems like the guys at Stanford are doing a good, complete job. If nothing else, this puts the topic of ETs visiting earth in the spotlight again and that's a good thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Admin Note: Please do not confess to piracy on ATS. Thanks. -- Majic

edit on 4/23/2013 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
"The only people who will be impressed will be those who breathlessly await each new episode of Ancient Aliens on the History Channel. " Well... I kind of fall in that category, but I'm not paying ten bucks! Will end up on youtube sooner or later.
Nice, honest review. Thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rehtaeh620

Will end up on youtube sooner or later.

I watched it earlier on youtube, just checked the "link" for ya and it's down.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Sirius Film: Please Do Not Post Links To Pirated Material!

Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Starting to think Greer has a history of messing around and has brought a lot of this trashing of his documentary on himself, but at the same time there's aspects of this that have really wound some of the elite up by the looks of it. Will watch it later I think. This to the people in the upper echelons of government secrets, is maybe a bit like what bitcoin is to the banksters at the moment; it has the potential to cause all types of questions to be raised as people become more aware of it.
edit on 23-4-2013 by robhines because: added

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rehtaeh620
"The only people who will be impressed will be those who breathlessly await each new episode of Ancient Aliens on the History Channel. " Well... I kind of fall in that category, but I'm not paying ten bucks!.

'Kind' of... The only way I can make sense of your take on AA then, is if you're asthmatic.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 2syncs

Would you prefer 'kinda' ? You're a witty individual, 2syncs!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Before I even read the posted review let me give mine.

I turned this Steven Greer wank fest ego trip of a "documentary" off after about half an hour.

It's a film that shed light on greers ugly head as some kind of genius hero revolutionary man, filled with stock footage and KNOWN HOAX videos of "UFOs".

Baffles me why they even use videos that have been shown to be hoaxes.

Don't waste your time.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeliberatusImmemor

OK, so I wasted $10 to watch Greer's UFO documentary film Sirius on-line on the night of its Word Premiere in Hollywood. I watched it so you won't have to.

You can pay me $10.00 and I'll tell you what you want to hear.

That way you certainly can't go wrong.

How's that sound?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DeliberatusImmemor

O I C.

So if someone says a shonky video is shonky, when it asks for money to sell you hoaxes, the best way to argue the point is to post youtbue videos implying that the person saying such things must be a die hard MSM believer.

Is that it?

ahhh.. that funny smell again, insanity.. smells like a garbage can and a half full bottle of passion pop.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Greer is and always will be his own worst enemy. His ego provides dissenters all the ammo they could ever hope for in refuting any and all of his "research", valid or otherwise. This all plays so perfectly into the disinfo column as well. When serious people who may or may not have made a fully informed opinion on the UFO or alien subject stumble across Greer, the sheer megalomaniacal presentation renders the subject matter secondary and near invisible.

His best approach, if he was sincere, would be to step out of the spotlight and feed his findings through someone who has no apparent association with him. Of course, this is not in his nature and there will be snowstorms in the nether regions before it could happen so we are left at the alter time and time again. We may WANT to believe the impressive claims ( or at least the possibility of his impressive claims) he is so masterful at teasing even the mainstream populace with, but what he possesses in self-promotion he equally lacks in his ability to substantiate.

Wonder what his work would be like if his entire career had been presented with a likeable, humble, and gasp, even charismatic manner?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by DeliberatusImmemor

You can pay me $10.00 and I'll tell you what you want to hear.

That way you certainly can't go wrong.

How's that sound?

Sounds like someone was offended!

/hug

If you must know the little "alien" being wasn't why this film interested me. Thanks for making assumptions though, you appear to be gifted at it.

edit on 23-4-2013 by DeliberatusImmemor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Reposted from Sheaffer's blog comments, regarding Greer's use of the STS-48 zig-zag UFO story:

My studies on the STS-48 UFO fairy tale, including briefing charts and transcript of material I delivered at Princeton University during a program also involving Dr. Greer, can be found here: www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html

If Greer in his movie simply pretended he was unaware of my point-by-point refutation of the entire STS-48 UFO myth, I am unable to hold the opinion that he is merely sincerely self-deluded.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join