It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sirius Film: Please Do Not Post Links To Pirated Material!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
We're seeing links pop up on ATS to pirated copies of the Sirius Film.

The Sirius movie is copyrighted and isn't free. If a source isn't charging to view the movie, it's pirated unless proven in writing to be otherwise.

We're working out the details for an official ATS thread, but any source that doesn't charge for it is pirated, and we can't link to them per the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

Knowingly posting or linking to pirated material is grounds for immediate account termination. That includes any "protest" moves or other nonsense, so let's please not go there.

Questions and comments are welcome, and I'm hoping we'll have this sorted out shortly.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

UPDATE: Here's the thread in question, re-tooled and re-opened for your Sirius pleasure...

Sirius: The Movie Discussion Thread (Disclosure Project Documentary)

Enjoy!

edit on 4/24/2013 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I bought my copy from a homeless man in the city today.

Garrrrrrrr, now walk the plank!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I know opinions vary as to whether anyone should pay to see the movie. My concern here is only that ATS is not used to promote, discuss or facilitate illegal activity.

As for what people choose to watch or what they do elsewhere, that's their business.

edit on 4/23/2013 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sirusly not even aware of what this is.

And as shallow as it may sound.. greer will make it likely to stay that way!

He can sell disclosure to those who want it that bad I guess.

edit on 23-4-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Isn't the series Ancient Aliens copyrighted? That gets posted here almost every week without it being removed.

edit on 23-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Shouldn't a documentary like this be free? If they claim to have so much evidence that will "change the world", wouldn't they just release it to the masses? I realize it costs money to produce something like this, but they have been taking donations... I have not yet seen the documentary, but I have seen a few snippets here and there. And I like what I saw. I'm just weary of the pay to play set up when it comes to information. Information should be free, I'd be more likely to donate to their cause if they'd give the movie out for free.

Just my opinion, and I'm a cynical a**hole. So take this with a grain of salt.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Isn't the series Ancient Aliens copyrighted? That gets posted here almost every week without it being removed.

Please alert us to any post that violates the terms & conditions, and it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

edit on 23-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

It is also posted on The History Channels youtube so that would mean they dont' mind sharing it.

I follow their youtube and that is how i watch the show. It is also available for free viewing on their website.

I dont see it as the same as this. Now if the people who made Sirius post it on youtube then I dont see why ATS can't have a link but it's not on youtube by them and it just came out.

I have no problem buying this if i can't watch it online for free. I dont even really know anything about Greer and will make my own opinions based on what is presented in the film.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
OK.... A Ninja vs Pirate death match thread would probably be great fun in the chit chat forum... but it's off topic here. So back to discussing the Sirius film and why it cannot be linked on ATS.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Does not matter what the opinions of us ATS'er are about said material and whether or not we think it should be free. This is about linking to sites that may host copyrighted material which is a violation of ATS rules.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Please alert us to any post that violates the terms & conditions, and it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Its also posted on youtube and not even the History Channel removes it... so why should ATS bother with copyright infringement on a product its owners themselves dont bother with?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Irregularly Scheduled Programming

reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

If it's not pirated, it's fine. If the History Channel officially endorses a source or it is licensed and says as much in writing, it's fine.

If it's just some guy uploading it to YouTube without permission, it doesn't comply with our terms & conditions, and we shouldn't link to it.

And lest I come across as holier-than-thou, I used to link to unauthorized Pony episodes on YouTube (Hasbro was pretty casual about it before the DVDs came out), but I had to stop because I have to follow the rules, too.

There are mitigating factors, like "fair use", "derivative works" and so forth, and frankly, we're not in the habit of going around banning people if they innocently post a link or an embed to broadcast television programs or other widely-disseminated material.

But in this case, it's pretty cut and dried. The makers of "Sirius" are charging money for it, so posting links to sites that don't is something we don't want to do, any more than posting links to pirated copies of any other commercial movie.

I just want to make sure my fellow ATSers know, and we're not in the habit of punishing people for honest mistakes. But anyone who does so deliberately, especially after being warned for it, shouldn't be surprised if the next thing that happens is they can't log in anymore.

Harsh, but so are the legal consequences of online piracy.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Please write to your congressman requesting they reject CISPA. It is ridiculous that you can be sentenced to more years than a murderer should you download and/or link to material that's under copywrite.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Speaking personally, in a non-official capacity, I just want to say...

Where the hell is Occupy Washington when you need them?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Lest you forget, Occupy was infiltrated and snuffed out a while back.
All we have is change now as we cling desperately to hope.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Oh I was just referring to the Ancient Aliens... I know nothing about Sirius. I just watch Ancient Aliens sometimes and I notice that the History Channel doesnt remove it.

Like I said, regarding Sirius I'll shut my pie hole...
not really my stuff

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join