It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destroying the ego

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Very complete and correct what you said there, IINA.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

... and you can step back and watch, and step back and watch THAT self that watched, and step back and watch THAT self that watched.... this is the re-creation we do in each second.

Each time it is ego looking. Each looks through a perspective, from a direction, with a bias.

I've already gone into the whole thing about ego cannot be "destroyed"- not if you are alive physically.

But it CAN be repressed, it can be oppressed, it can be made subject and submissive to an outer agency through the projection of "super ego" or "conscience" upon another individual, (physical or imaginary, a person or a God) or upon a group order of ethic, moral, and value.

Nothing wrong with that, if it is willing.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by Bluesma

What's the problem with wisdom? What does language matter when it comes to wisdom. Right. Not?

I do not claim there is any problem with wisdom.
What does language matter? I have no idea why you say that and cannot fit it into a context to answer.

Wisdom comes in many different flavors. If you want to sell chocolate, it is only fair to tell prospective clients it is chocolate. If you suggest it is vanilla, you have been dishonest. If you sneak it into their plates without them knowing it, you are being dishonest. If you manipulate of force them into swallowing it without their consent, it is dishonest.

There are lots of people that willingly agree to this re-birth type of programming in order to have a Christian mind set and perspective- you can be honest about what it is and you'll still get people agreeing to the cleansing process!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The thing is, we are inherently not the ego. It is basically a recognition system of logic and reason to be able to function in this world. The part of you that observes the ego, Awareness itself, is the real you.

Sure you can use knowledge of the ego to destroy it and reprogram a different one. CIA/FBI do this all the time with patsy manchurian candidates,

But what we are talking about is Spiritual Enlightenment, during which what happens is that the Ego is seen not to be you, eventually dies, and is replaced by Oneness, Selflessness, pure empathy, transcendence, and Love. To be a Christ-like, Buddha-like figure on earth.

Every attempt to defend the ego, is just more egotism

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

But it CAN be repressed, it can be oppressed, it can be made subject and submissive to an outer agency through the projection of "super ego" or "conscience" upon another individual, (physical or imaginary, a person or a God) or upon a group order of ethic, moral, and value.

Nothing wrong with that, if it is willing.

Did you ever watch Babylon 5? Was the ego-self of John Sheridan repressed by the Kosh in him?

How about DS9? Was Jadzia repressed by the Dax symbiont?

Does the newborn Phoenix oppress the ashes it rises from?

Does the butterfly repress its inner caterpillar when it flies?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I have never seen Babylon 5

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I disagree.

Though I do believe we have a aprt of us that is One with All, and has no individual identity and is consciousness...

I find putting it into linear language perverts and twists it. Linear language separates, creates duality, brings concepts into time and space, of which that consciousness is not.

I can experience and be connected to that all the time, but it is not what will press the keys on this keyboard, (for we ARE the keyboard as well as the fingers and the concepts, and everything else...)

It is not that which will feed this physical vehicle food, (for it is the vehicle, the food and there is no separation between them to reunite)

It is not that which will express love to another individual (because there is no other individual)

It goes on and on.... this can be experienced, but it cannot be passed to you from another, here, or there, now or later.

So..... that aside we have the very down to earth physical concepts and psychology, which rely upon awareness of self and other separation and the boundries between them.

How can I make this clear? How ego serves us here?

I'll stick with the sex example only because it is an example of something neither good nor bad for most of us, it is relative for most westerners-

A man feels the urge to have sex with a female he sees,
his ego lets him know- he is not that woman, they are different people, these are his feelings, not hers.
He cannot just grab her and do as he desires, because they are separate individuals with separate minds.
If he would like to propose this activity with her, he needs to communicate with her and find out what her feelings are, and if she accepts it.

This ego/self awareness allows us to respect others, it allows us to love others.

It can be modelled after your parents egos, or a teacher or a clergy or a writer, or a religious text, or a mix of them all. A period of being submissive or passive to the model is necessary process, before integration.
I just propose that choosing your models with awareness, instead of being manipulated without your awareness, has certain benefits to it.
edit on 23-4-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Don't you see christianity is buddhism? Yet for there to be 1 religion there should be 1 God, and there is only 1 God.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Though I do believe we have a aprt of us that is One with All, and has no individual identity and is consciousness...

That's the big problem. You "believe" that we have a part of us that is One with all, while I experience that as a reality, prior to any believe or thought or ego.

I find putting it into linear language perverts and twists it. Linear language separates, creates duality, brings concepts into time and space, of which that consciousness is not.

Well of course it does. But your only other option is to not say anything, not post this thread. I speak about these things openly an always tell people, "here's how you can experience this for yourself", because the experience is beyond words, but we still need to use them for context

So..... that aside we have the very down to earth physical concepts and psychology, which rely upon awareness of self and other separation and the boundries between them.

I don't understand. The above quote sounds like you are agreeing, but the whole vibe of this thread sounds like ego death is some wicked programming cult.

When I was a kid, prior to ego being formed, I was free of ego, bias, concepts, just aware and open. This has now returned and so has access to the Source of awareness.

When Ego death happens, what is replaced is then fullness, love, selflessness, enlightenment. It is not some psyop cult based destruction.

It does happen though. For example Christianity is supposed to be about ego death, but instead, the ego is replaced with a holier than thou judgmental ego. But I've also seen this in nondual branches, buddhist priests, and so on. It is a razors edge.

This ego/self awareness allows us to respect others, it allows us to love others.

Prior to ego death, my Love for others was relative, and based on whether I knew you or not. No my Love is boundless and aimed at everyone transcendentally, regardless of knowing you or not. Which one is the higher love?

It can be modelled after your parents egos, or a teacher or a clergy or a writer, or a religious text, or a mix of them all. A period of being submissive or passive to the model is necessary process, before integration. I just propose that choosing your models with awareness, instead of being manipulated without your awareness, has certain benefits to it.

YEs the ego is shaped, molded, formed, programmed based on a number of factors. When we discuss ego death, we discuss spiritual evolution of a soul who realizes the ways of the ego are empty and insatiable. That there is something more, something that has always been prior to the ego and is of a higher caliber
edit on 23-4-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Budhism is a religion, with specific practices, rituals, perspectives, values and ethics.
Those differ from those of Christianity.

A religion is not a God.

There might be only one God, but there are several religions.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by Bluesma

That's the big problem. You "believe" that we have a part of us that is One with all, while I experience that as a reality, prior to any believe or thought or ego.

No that is not a problem, as I explained I feel and experience this at all times, it simply is.

Well of course it does. But your only other option is to not say anything, not post this thread. I speak about these things openly an always tell people, "here's how you can experience this for yourself", because the experience is beyond words, but we still need to use them for context

No, the other option is to be honest and acknowledge- it is my ego which writes these words.
If someone wants to commune with the source of being, they will. It is not I who can bring it to them or communicate it with them.

I don't understand. The above quote sounds like you are agreeing, but the whole vibe of this thread sounds like ego death is some wicked programming cult.

I have repeated, in almost every single post , as well as the OP, that there is nothing wrong with being programmed or influenced by the exterior and others. I have said in many different ways that it is fine and inevitable. Only that it is more beneficial if you consciously CHOOSE the influences you shall adopt and recieve,
I'll go back and copy some of those phrases for you.

This can be a good thing or bad thing, depending upon your point of view.

If you have had a scarred childhood and resulting blockages and nevroses that you'd like to be rid of, a deep change in personality and perspective could be quite desireable.

If you would like to enter into a sort of personality profile and perspective that you see in another (or group of others) then this can be good.
If it is done through subtle manipulation, to influence you in ways you do not choose or desire, however, it could be undesireable.

A person can employ this technique without being consciously aware of their intent!

I do not wish this post to be "warning of evil people" around- such judgements are not necessary, and more likely to be a source of wasted energy.

LIke I said too, not all cases of this are negative- what if you want to be changed by the agents doing this? Nothing wrong with that, if it is willing.

In almost every post I made is a repeat of that assertion. I likened it to the difference between sex and rape, to choosing to be a student of someone, or being caught and forced into slavery for someone, I showed how thing like joining the military, a fraternity or club, usually means going through this process and that is all good.

I don't think I could spend more time on that emphasis than I already have!

edit on 23-4-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I am so kind to ask you. What do you think religion is? To me, it is a guide to reach God. Do you understand?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

But I completely understand what you discuss Bluesma. We are talking about two subtly different topics, but, to say it this way, they seem to have something in common.

We're doing a trio here.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If one has a shape, a definite form, then one will not fit in everywhere. One will bump into other things if one is a thing.
Be like water.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

No, the other option is to be honest and acknowledge- it is my ego which writes these words. If someone wants to commune with the source of being, they will. It is not I who can bring it to them or communicate it with them.

Yes, words are formed and filtered using the ego, which is a mere operating system. The real "Us" is the elctricity that powers the computer.

I have repeated, in almost every single post , as well as the OP, that there is nothing wrong with being programmed or influenced by the exterior and others. I have said in many different ways that it is fine and inevitable. Only that it is more beneficial if you consciously CHOOSE the influences you shall adopt and recieve, I'll go back and copy some of those phrases for you.

Yeah I got you.

Still, there comes a time in One's life where one seeks the source, be it through whatever system that happens, as long as it happens its good. We come from the One, and to it we shall return.

If you study Psychology, Philosophy, and the world's religious systems, you'll find the the problems that we see in this world, are due to, and caused by, the ego mechanism and the person not being in tune with the Source/God.

I remember pre-existing prior to this body, as pure awareness, with no ego, no body. It was Me in purest form. I was asked to be born on this planet and help out in whatever ways I can. However I am a reluctant servant, because when I had a preview of what Earth was about prior to being born, I saw that it is a prison cell of egotist masochism, rapes, pillage, wars, murders, addiction. We live in a sickly disgusting hell hole, one in which the only way out of it is Enlightenment or physical death.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by Bluesma

I am so kind to ask you. What do you think religion is? To me, it is a guide to reach God. Do you understand?

If you wish I can look down that perspective. It is different from my own which is that there is no path,
no where to "go", nothing to "work up to" or earn, or ascend to. It is. I am. We are. (And all that, none of which is a an accurate description)

But if there is a path, there are many. Even if they all lead to the same "place". They have different systems and organizations of thought, feeling, and action.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I think I can feel your hurt Bluesma, things should be understood about you. Your world didn't completely 'get what you are about yet'. There are details, but important ones they overlook or just bluntly weren't interested in.

Yet people act as if they know who you are/what you are about, and you knowing they suck up the wrong way can really get mad because of it. You try to explain, but it doesn't get into their heads.

It's a trap you're in Bluesma, and I let you know in a previous post what Jesus told about these offences.

but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Feel me here Bluesma, you should not have low selfesteem, or feel less because of have gotten in that trap. You will find yourself again. Feel my heart.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I remember pre-existing prior to this body, as pure awareness, with no ego, no body. It was Me in purest form. I was asked to be born on this planet and help out in whatever ways I can. However I am a reluctant servant, because when I had a preview of what Earth was about prior to being born, I saw that it is a prison cell of egotist masochism, rapes, pillage, wars, murders, addiction. We live in a sickly disgusting hell hole, one in which the only way out of it is Enlightenment or physical death.

See, I have similar experience, except you are sayign this was with no ego, I call it an ego.

How could you be asked to do anything, if you had no individualized awareness??

Who or what could ask "you" if not for a separation between "you" and "not you"?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I feel sad for woman who feel they are only good for having a baby in them for 9 months.
edit on 23-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

See, I have similar experience, except you are sayign this was with no ego, I call it an ego.

How could you be asked to do anything, if you had no individualized awareness??

Who or what could ask "you" if not for a separation between "you" and "not you"?

That individualized awareness is just a drop of water that emerged from the Infinite Ocean.

I'm sure individualized awareness has its own set of higher based intellect and reasoning, compared to the ego/psyche programmed here on earth.

I clearly remember a a child the moment when ego started being formed in me, and there was a fight. It was like a virus entering and taking over, like becoming, and I was disgusted by it. Since that time, there was a hatred of it, being incomplete, empty, dull. Finally when seeing that it is not me and letting it go, is when fullness and completion returned, and eventually of Awareness became evident.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join