It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Aussie joining the Ranks. It's part of our grand "take-over the world" plan!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have been down under a few times ,but not Australia, welcome aboard love your demeanor.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
welcome fellow Aussie.....

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
Welcome to ATS. Always good to have an Aussie to pick on

I've been lucky enough to visit your country twice...most beautiful place I've been.
As far as beer Foster's
XXXX
Toohey's
Hahn

The only problem is a 6 pack cost $15....over here in the states you can get a 30 pack for that price

Enjoy yourself and Deny Ignorance
edit on 4/22/2013 by fltcui because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/22/2013 by fltcui because: (no reason given)

Thank you. Aye, it's a lovely country, with much to see and do.

As for the beer; I know. The prices are quite criminal. But hey, we're a penal-colony. Or rather; Our Government are thieves. Same thing, I guess.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Good stuff mate. Welcome. I'm chucking one back for yer. Bally.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
is it just me or so many new members in the last few years been aussies. jeez...we should start our own homegrown forum..lol

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
is it just me or so many new members in the last few years been aussies. jeez...we should start our own homegrown forum..lol

"Down Under Secrets"?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
hey aussie mark, I do agree with you that all governments are corrupt, and wanted to know more of how you feel on the "corrupt governments" topic I just proposed. thanks billzfan2013
edit on 27-4-2013 by billzfan2013 because: forgot to tell him who replied to his message

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by billzfan2013
hey aussie mark, I do agree with you that all governments are corrupt, and wanted to know more of how you feel on the "corrupt governments" topic I just proposed. thanks billzfan2013
edit on 27-4-2013 by billzfan2013 because: forgot to tell him who replied to his message

Well, where to start?

These Governments are meant to be "voices for the people". They are meant to have our best interests at heart, and do what is right for the people. Well, what a load of croc. It's a complete farce.

From things such a "faking excuses for wars", to ridiculous foreign policies. All the Governments want to do, is keep the soldier ants marching a tune, keeping the majority struggling to survive, so they keep marching to the beat.

We are meant to live in a Democracy, but that is also a complete illusion. We have no real choices, nor does our choice really matter. IF we get a leader that actually seemed to be doing a good job, his own party over-threw him, and we now have a "Prime Minister" who would have never been elected in the first place. What right do they have to over-throw the democratically elected leader? It's mind boggling.

I don't believe this world should have "borders" per se. It causes divisions and hostility. Why should someone born "south of the border", be treated as less of a human being? It's not their fault they were born into poverty.

There is much wrong with this world, and with society. But, our "leaders", our governments and our religions all endorse this. They live off fear, hate and control. Is it about money? Is it about power? Is it about some secret agenda? I do not know. I simply know it's all wrong.

We should ALL be one people. This is ALL of our planet, and we should treat it as such. There is no reason for poverty, no reason folks have no food or water. It's all greed and selfishness.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Hey, Mark. Thanks for showing me this site. Right - on to the reply. First off, I agree completely that there is no reason there are people who do not have enough food and water. The notion that the world is becoming overpopulated is a lie propagated by mainstream media all around the world. Regarding water - we have something called the ocean and the process of desalinization. That should take care of the world's water needs - not to mention a whole lot of fresh water around the world via lakes and rivers. Food is scarce? I'm fairly sure there are enough animals to provide meat and wouldn't you know it - plants produce seeds, therefore we can't run out of that. I'm not sure if I agree or disagree about your belief in no borders. Perhaps you could clarify? I'm sure the powers that be (and I'll say right now that I believe it to be international bankers or whoever controls them) would love a no border one world government. Perhaps we'll never see that there's one world government, but Orson Welles, who was a former Bilderberg member, warned of just this thing in 1984. If we have no borders, but still have sovereign nations, how do you respect territorial sovereignty? It's a sad fact that there are people who do not share our views of people simply living in peace. I think opening up borders would open up a whole can of worms and you'd see invasions of a sort. I don't mean a Mexican coming to America would be invading - but what if a hostile nation wanted to attack? Better to have open borders and slowly pour people in and strike from within. The key, before considering anything like open borders, is to first convince people that we shouldn't hate each other. Convince people that there is enough of everything to go around. I'm certain that it is not human nature to want to harm others - some disagree. I believe we have been conditioned as a people to think it's me vs. you. In Western nations and I think much or most of Asia, there is such an emphasis on competition. Come to Thailand and you will witness people helping each other and living in relative harmony. There is very little welfare here - but things work out (the lack of upward mobility is another topic). People here rely on friends and family for support and two restaurants can open next to each other with the owners of each frequenting the other. A culture of sharing and helping one another would be good to have the world over - not this "I have to step over you to be happy" mentality. As I end this post, I'm reminded of two things. One is that during the start of the Iraq War, I went to a chat room and struck up a friendly conversation talking about the war. After a while we naturally asked where we were both from - and found out that I, an American, had been having a great conversation with an Iraqi. How could I have a conversation with an Iraqi that was so civil if they hated Americans (and he was against his country being shelled, I should mention - not one of the American supporters)? The other thing I'm reminded of is a song by Depeche Mode entitled People Are People. Thanks for reading. Cheers.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thailandjeff

Hi Jeff, I'm glad you joined.

My notion of "no borders". Well, it's convoluted, I guess.. and I understand your points and concerns.

My point is mainly; This planet is not static. Some areas have many more resources, food supplies, water, land for agriculture, etc. What is "now" a tropical climate, may very well be the North/South pole any time soon.

I don't believe man was meant to simply stay "in one place". I think nature, just like animals, migrate to the more suited climates, where they can get food, water, etc.

IF people truly considered themselves as "one", and NOT different from each other, I see no problem with "no borders". But like you said, it's an ideal that is not yet realised, however I can't but desire such a thing.

We have "issues" now, where folks migrate to Australia, and form their own communities, and don't even try and "fit-in" socially, culturally, etc. A lot still don't speak English. So yes, it's something that simply can't happen over-night. It'd take a rather large change in societies/peoples thinking, and I guess, beliefs to a certain extent.

I see no problem with a "one world government". I know a lot of people are against it, but I'll ask the earnest question of why? IF this body was formed with the right ideals, and remained true to them.. what would be the problem? I cannot see how it could be worse than our current Governments.

I would think if administered for the betterment of mankind, it'd have to be a good thing. I'm more than happy to listen to your opinion on this.

I mean, I'm not Australian, you're not American... we are simply beings born here/there.

But, I am tired, I haven't slept in 36 or so hours. I hope my reply makes a semblance of sense. I'm sure I'll be able to add to this "comment" and elaborate more when I can think more clearly.

I look forward to reading your reply.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
A one world government would be good if it looked out for the people and did right by us. I know this isn't the exact quote, but I think it's the same sense. Anyhow, the keyword, which is in the above sentence and in your post is "if." As you know, "if" signifies something conditional. The question is - conditional on what? How could we ever trust one government - one group of people with power to look out for us? It seems there already is a push towards this one world government, but I'd like your take on Agenda 21. Are plans for depopulation just hogwash conspiracy theories or is there something to it? It'd be nice in theory to have just one world we all live under without borders or bickering nations - no need for war. However, I don't want this if it means killing off 6 billion people. I don't want this if it means we will become enslaved to "Mother." The ICJ is a nice idea, I think, for nations to address grievances with each other. There are a lot of nice "ideas" - but the Idealist must also be a realist. We cannot change the world for the better if we ignore or simply wish to bypass the world as it is now. To be honest, anarchy is probably the best idea. This of course would only be possible with a mass world-wide awakening of sorts. Anarchy would be a downright disaster in the world as we have it now. However, maybe we could all live together in peace without the need for governments one day in the future - a time when people get along. What of criminals? Well, simple. If you murder someone, instead of looking forward to a trial, you can look forward to your community taking care of you. Some may say mob rule - I'd say justice. But a one world government - even if benevolent isn't something I can jump on board with. The possibilities for corruption and world enslavement are many. The risks are too high. How would we even maintain checks on such a thing to ensure it did right by us?

The first thing to do is stop what the international banking cartels are doing and have been doing for a long, long time. We need soldiers around the world to wake up and refuse to fight these wars for money and world destabilization. Why should we destroy a nation for a few terrorists? It boggles the mind that a few people committing an act of terrorism (I'm sticking with the official story for purposes of argument) would be grounds to wage war against TWO sovereign nations.

Back to the OWG idea once more - what kind of rules/laws would we live under. One thing about laws is that they are cultural. Should we live under Shari'a law? Should we have Christian laws? Should laws be humanist in nature? How could the entire world's population be happy and at peace under one set of rules? It behooves us more, rather than try to herd everyone together, to learn to respect each other. I'm certain we can have separate nations working together and living in peace. Alas, there is of yet too much unnecessary hatred in this world.

Now, on to a point that I liked - that the world is not static. How true this is! We can see from our own human history that migration has always been a fact of life. It hasn't always been the case that moving from one part of the world to another meant you were an illegal alien. Certainly the settlers to the New World were not met with this notion - if they were unwelcome, perhaps it was from how they acted, ala disrespecting the culture that was already established. It's just sad that people like us who believe in peace and harmony are vilified as "hippies" and mercilessly torn apart by the still brainwashed masses.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join