It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you want to lose ego,..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You are not alive because you have ego. We would be alive without it. Have you tried killing your internal dialogue and turning the ego off.. You can still kiss, hold hands smoke cigarettes and problem solve..

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Ego is part of who we are as individuals

What part of you do you define as an individual and what part not... Ego gives us the illusion that we are individuals. It is ego that is the illusion.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

No thank you. So what are the laws of the supernatural? Or do we just make those up as we go along, too?

What makes you think the super natural follows a natural order of law that we can understand. What makes you think that it follows any law what so ever.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I just had an outstanding realisation about ego in my backyard.

oh, I think I lost/forgot what it was. It has a lock on people. It imperfects one. It is judging in a bad way. Still I kept a healthy sense of self. But what I do think what I have too, is an evil eye on me. That for later.

I don't want this ego to be part of myself anymore.

It truly misforms reality blocking any goodwill towards others. Yet while still having ego I do say things I wouldn't normally say with one. I guess I'm succeeding in making it lose its grip on me. To lose it it takes contious 'right attention'. The right attention dissolving it. I think there are different ways of losing it.

The forces it has upon one can change. Sometimes it alters you this way, sometimes in another way.

I kind of think ego has got something to do evil too. I think it can completely paralise one. It makes one not fully functionable anymore. It are the things said to you in the past that you accepted then to be truth about you. It was in a very deceitfull way done to yourself. This must have been for all of us that way. The judgements created boundaries upon yourself, but it does not want to kill you, because it kind of lives on you. See, without you it would not exist and could not function in this world. It somehow is a sabotaging of your confidence. Or, it is that. It wants everything to have an effect on you so you wouldn't notice it (the ego) so you won't be able to distinguish it too.

It is very wise to acknowledge its existence and to constantly fuel awareness about it. That is what it wants not to be, it wants to be able to function upon mankind in a way we aren't aware of it. When you came that far having overpowered it, hate it really bad. It makes you a cool person that way too!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Hm, I even think it can kill you and it wouldn't bother. It doesn't care about people. It is very destructive and sabotaging.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
while i am on no quest to overcome or lose ego as it seems a contradictory process, there are many moments when it leaves and the experience of one-ness is present. i think that to suggest there is no joy or pleasure with this demonstrates that it has not been felt... there is a soaring feeling and wonder at such moments, not that of whoever feels they have lost their ego as of course that would be a personal experience and still part of ego, rather the soaring wonder and hum of all life before the "i" resumes.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

"Tonight, Tonight"

Time is never time at all
You can never ever leave without leaving a piece of youth
And our lives are forever changed
We will never be the same
The more you change the less you feel
Believe, believe in me, believe
That life can change, that you're not stuck in vain
We're not the same, we're different tonight
Tonight, so bright
Tonight
And you know you're never sure
But you're sure you could be right
If you held yourself up to the light
And the embers never fade in your city by the lake
The place where you were born
Believe, believe in me, believe
In the resolute urgency of now
And if you believe there's not a chance tonight
Tonight, so bright
Tonight
We'll crucify the insincere tonight
We'll make things right, we'll feel it all tonight
We'll find a way to offer up the night tonight
The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight
Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

edit on 21-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I think reading the bible can make one overcome it all::::::::::::

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
I think reading the bible can make one overcome it all::::::::::::

Whatever it is that 'wants to overcome' it - is the ego.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

i'm no christian, though i feel that there are many parts of the bible that i find quite wonderful, as well as many i find quite objectionable, but thats by the by really.

while it's not my intention to engage in a lengthy religious or philosophical/cosmological discussion (and i dont have the time either), i dont personally see the bible as a vehicle for loss of ego for a whole variety of reasons, not least as i dont believe it was edited/compiled/"translated" for that reason and that god himself seems to me to have ego too. however i cannot argue with your position whatsoever as we all take these things and react to them quite differently - vive la difference and so forth

edit on 21-4-2013 by skalla because: tpyo

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
That stupid 'ego' managed to make me feel it was my fault for me falling victim to it. We are/were? all victims to it.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
One is not ego itself, one is what ego made of you. But we could call it being ego. aum

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Parts of the bible I would say yes, however much of it is dualism.

Who are you? What are you?

If the bible gives identification, it does so through the ego. However, if you read the bible, or any doctrine for that matter and keep your ego "out of mind", you will understand the text in a new way.

Being conscious of the ego is enough to remove it, the ego will fight, however while you are aware of the function of the ego, the how and why.. then it can never take hold of you again.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
non-dualism is when ego succeeded in its task.

Dualistic thinking is humanities nature.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

but you can saturate ego with the bible. That's why the bible seems stupid. Just as anyting that is ego-killing the ego makes look stupid. The 'absurdity' of the bible is total cruelty to the ego. It diffuses because of it when completely saturated. Bible = egobombardment!!!!!

FREEDOM!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

It is. It starts with it, life, and ends with the flipside, death. We live a life of have and have not, happiness and sadness.

By the way, I sent you a link I can not openly link to on the forums unfortunately, It may well help you a lot, it is about ego death, gave me some perspectives I never thought of and frankly, it changed my life. There is a little Buddhism to it, however it is easily ignored if you are so that way inclined.

I need not saturate my ego, it is a thought process of the past, it is restriction. Anything which is a preconception, does not factor in the whole truth. It causes cognitive dissonance, a state in which the mind refuses to believe fact as it conflicts with information currently held as true. Brainwashing works the same way. Ever had a discussion with someone where they simply refuse to see the truth because they believe otherwise? The "Flat earth society", conducted a test to prove the Earth was flat, the test failed yet they still refused to believe the Earth is round (or close enough to it).

Instead, my ego takes second place to seeing the "now", the information I absorb all around me takes precedence, sure I have memories, but they will not shape my reality any more.
edit on 21/4/2013 by LilFox because: Added info to save a second post

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It can even be evil is making war against its own.

Ego = evil in the bible.
edit on 21-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
It can even be evil is making war against its own.

Ego = evil of the bible.

Good and evil are dualistic. It is what makes the game human!
What is it that just sees and hears? Is seeing and hearing dualistic in nature?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

You have right perspective of it LilFox, I can say that.

YAAAA!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

What is it that just sees and hears?

A: that which ego wants to control.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join