It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you want to lose ego,..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by olaru12

Okay, God does not suffer. What did that reply tell about me, please?

It tells me that you think you are GOD. ATS should be proud to have GOD as one of its members!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

God Suffers?

Bold claim....bold claims require bold proof. Show me!

Oh look, another deity who can't lose. My, we are fond of invincible higher powers. I wonder what that says about our relationship with entropy? Perhaps we're fighting the fact that we've done very poorly as a species, and it manifests as a fear of death. Fear of death is, in fact, a fear of unfulfillment. Hmm? Hmm? Is it possible?

I think so.

ETA: "God" gave his only living son that we might have ever lasting life. If "God" sacrificed his only son without a single ounce of suffering, then obviously he isn't love, right? Please limit stupid questions to a maximum of, say, zero per day.
edit on 20-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Ego is part of who we are as individuals, we need our egos to function normally. What is wrong about ego is when a persons ego gets out of control. To have sincere and compassionate relationships with other people we must observe and subjugate our own egos.

We also should try to eat more roughage as it helps visits to the toilet go more pleasantly.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

That doesn't sound funny at all, and I'm not taking it the wrong way. Now that makes me happy.

My sincerest thoughts olaru12

Sometimes I forget to breathe, keep me going please.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The only thing that will ever die is the 'ego'. The 'ego' is what appears to exist outside of presence - a person in time - the person you 'think' you are.
There is only presence but there is a 'story of me' that plays - when this 'story of me' is seen for what it is then the idea of the 'person in time' will die - it was only an illusion any way.

There is only presence - there is only what is happening presently.
The happening is happening and no one is doing it.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Presence is God the Most High. Ego is you.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Can you find a 'you' that can be separated from presence?
What is happening presently is happening - are 'you' separate from it?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by olaru12

God Suffers?

Bold claim....bold claims require bold proof. Show me!

ETA: "God" gave his only living son that we might have ever lasting life. If "God" sacrificed his only son without a single ounce of suffering, then obviously he isn't love, right? Please limit stupid questions to a maximum of, say, zero per day.

That last comment shows what a good Christian you are.
Pretty much what I expected.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

See the irony?

I don't think you have lost your Ego with the mean spirit of your arguments.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

That last comment shows what a good Christian you are. Pretty much what I expected.

1. I am not a Christian. I do not hold well with organized religion. I view it to be much the same as organized education - plenty of potential, but just as psychologically susceptible to manipulation as any other mass medium.

2. If I may be so bold, I am interested in the fact that out of my whole response, you chose to quote a third of it. And out of that third, you addressed a single line. A line which, by the way, bore comparatively little relevance to my response. I call that "avoiding the question".

As such, I'm calling you out on your remark regarding the apparent belief that "God" is incapable of suffering. Will you admit to your error? Or will you claim that Christianity is the product of an apathetic god?

ap·a·thy
noun ˈa-pə-thē
Definition of APATHY
: lack of feeling or emotion

But perhaps he's just your run-of-the-mill super-powered narcissist. Maybe that's closer to the truth. Looking at the symptoms, I'm thinking it is. A narcissist for a deity...now that's a recipe for disaster. Whoever thought the most intelligent species on Earth would be cowed by a narcissistic jerk-off with nothing better to do than manipulate us for his own attention-whoring agenda?

Oh, the shame of it all...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

There is no standard code for being a person. Being a person means being hostile. That says the law. Where are you going to hide now, ey? spit

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I have this to say to you. You can't do it on your own. You need to be saved from it!

There is the 'ego-killer' apart from yourself. Ego is suffering and you need a savior from it. That savior is bigger than you, but he also loves you. It's your Father.

When you do come at such point in your life it may take you on a whole other road.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Why did you just respond to your own post?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

As such, I'm calling you out on your remark regarding the apparent belief that "God" is incapable of suffering. Will you admit to your error? Or will you claim that Christianity is the product of an apathetic god?

I chose not to anthropomorphize God. And if you want to continue with the snarky name calling.... fine.

But as a brutally handsome male; I will cop to the narcissist label.

edit on 20-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I chose not to anthropomorphize God. And if you want to continue with the name calling fine.

I will continue to call mythological figures any name I choose. And if you do not anthropomorphize "God", then what do you base his nature on?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Someone who has to attack, put down and name call cannot be of a happy disposition.
To be continually looking for a fight on here one must be having to fight in all aspects of life.
Fighting happens because one feels small - one feels scared so one bigs oneself up.
The 'ego' must survive so it fights.

edit on 20-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I'm not going to get rid of my ego just because you think it makes me a bad person. Maybe your problem with the ego stems from your own experiences, deep inside where no one can see but you. In such a case, I recommend counseling. It's never wise to fight your own nature.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I'm not going to get rid of my ego just because you think it makes me a bad person. Maybe your problem with the ego stems from your own experiences, deep inside where no one can see but you. In such a case, I recommend counseling. It's never wise to fight your own nature.

If you are the way you are on here, on the street, at work and in general society then how is it working for you?
You always come across really angry - I don't detect any peaceful understanding or compassion in you.

Your ego has no effect on my life.
How does it effect yours?
edit on 20-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by olaru12

I chose not to anthropomorphize God. And if you want to continue with the name calling fine.

I will continue to call mythological figures any name I choose. And if you do not anthropomorphize "God", then what do you base his nature on?

God isn't "natural" so I have no idea or need to even debate such a foolish notion.

Now supernatural is a different story...

AI....do you need a hug?
edit on 20-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

God isn't "natural" so I have no idea or need to even debate such a foolish notion.

Now supernatural is a different story...

AI....do you need a hug?

No thank you. So what are the laws of the supernatural? Or do we just make those up as we go along, too?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join