It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do we go from here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Where to go, where to go. Well, I didn't vote Bush or Kerry, don't really like either of them.(Kerry won my state anyway) But I think that "blow to the stomach" feeling I have today would've been a lot less if Kerry won.

So now we go to a place where Bush's god tells him we go. We go to a place where Bush can appoint more Supreme Court Justices to take aim on things like the current(for now) personal choice on abortion. We go to a place where Bush's religion can flourish in his religion-furtile government. We go to a place of more government control on its populace. We go to a place of even more worldwide distain and resentment. We go to a place where security is spoken of, yet our borders remain unsecure.

I've seen the doomsday gloom from many non-Bush supporters speaking of upcoming peril sprouting from Bush's reelection. Everything from the crashing of the ecomony to the next world war and all I can do is hope these are all gross exaggerations and that the next four years are mostly uneventful. Hopefully....

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Would be nice,but givin the record,i doubt it.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
What a boo whoo fest of doom and gloom prophecy.....LMAO

Instead of looking at ways to bridge gaps your fixating on hypothetical scenarios of disaster.

Instead of trying to get the democratic act together and come up with a platform that the average person doenst think is from the wacko lands....your just going to wallow and point fingers. Pathetic.

Instead of introspection and reflection...pondering why more and more PEOPLE ar choosing to elect and re elect republicans..and why theyre not choosing your position....you wish to look outside your positions instead of asking what went wrong with ours?

WWHHHHAAAAA WWHHHAAAAAA WWHHHHAAAAA
are we done crying over spilled milk yet?
Are we done trying to frighten ourselves?
Live in paranoid delusions of bad things if you want,
ill choose to continue to believe there is always hope.
keep hope alive keep hope alive keep hope alive...
isnt that a democratic saying? LMAO

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
so caz...

im assuming you have a well though out plan of economic recovery, and a solution to the deficit. a set plan of strategy for the turmoil in iraq which will not result in further blood shed. so please put an end to our paranoia and share with us your wisdom.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
What a boo whoo fest of doom and gloom prophecy.....LMAO

Instead of looking at ways to bridge gaps your fixating on hypothetical scenarios of disaster.

Instead of trying to get the democratic act together and come up with a platform that the average person doenst think is from the wacko lands....your just going to wallow and point fingers. Pathetic.

Instead of introspection and reflection...pondering why more and more PEOPLE ar choosing to elect and re elect republicans..and why theyre not choosing your position....you wish to look outside your positions instead of asking what went wrong with ours?

WWHHHHAAAAA WWHHHAAAAAA WWHHHHAAAAA
are we done crying over spilled milk yet?
Are we done trying to frighten ourselves?
Live in paranoid delusions of bad things if you want,
ill choose to continue to believe there is always hope.
keep hope alive keep hope alive keep hope alive...
isnt that a democratic saying? LMAO

I love the name calling.it lets me know what kind of person im dealing with.
Givin what we have seen the last four years,how can you say i have delusions of doom??Tell me what has your Leader done thats so great??
The race for the white house was the democrats to lose,and i fully admit that(im no democrat).Bush was the weakest incumbant i have ever seen,but his champaign managed to make this a name calling game instead of a policy game,and they played the religion card masterfuly.being a christian it makes me cringe when i see people flock to him just becasue he thinks god talks to him.talk about doom and gloom,that the ENTIRE republican platform,VOTE FOR US OR ELSE!!being that only a third of the population voted,that means that a very small percantage is making the decisions for the majority.my biggest disapointment isnt that Kerry lost,its that the sheeple go to bush like he's a saviour,and the truth is he's the opposite.i dont have to frighten my self,your LEADER does that for me.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You go back to doing things for yourself. You want a Voice in America you have promote your agenda.

Nothing has changed that.

it was a misconception that the government was there to fix problems.

You and your Representatives are there for that.

As for The personel choice of abortion... while i don't believe it is soo personel (ask yourself this one question... if you were a voice in your own birth would you have elected to be born or not?)

But i digress... I don't believe Abortion in total will be outlawed... it represents a huge health problem if it is.
Partial Birth Abortion however... is not.

[edit on 09/10/2004 by ptab01]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ptab01
You go back to doing things for yourself. You want a Voice in America you have promote your agenda.

Nothing has changed that.

As for The personel choice of abortion... while i don't believe it is soo personel (ask yourself this one question... if you were a voice in your own birth would you have elected to be born or not?)

But i digress... I don't believe Abortion in total will be outlawed... it represents a huge health problem if it is.
Partial Birth Abortion however... is not.

[edit on 09/10/2004 by ptab01]

Your right,it IS a misconception that governemnt fix problems,they are there to create problems.
What i find the funniest about all this election was that republicans blamed democrats for the problems of our nation when they have had the house and the WH for four years.and as we all know,bush has never made a mistake.accountablility??i thought the republican party was the party of responsibilty.........that seems so yesterday doesnt it??and how is it a Good thing for OBL to still be around??and repugnatans spin it in their favor??and the sheep follow....amazing.............

FYI. i used to lean heavily republican when they were the party of small government.with a deficit of 7.5 trillion we are in for a rough ride,bush or his succesor are going to have to raise taxes sooner or later,and thats a bad thing.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Samhain]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
like your handle BYB

i myself lean on the conservative side as you may precieve but i am not supporter of this adminstration for many reasons.

regarding Power of the past 4 years... For the 1St time in history The Democrats filibusted the appointment of a Suprme Court Justice... they caused a fair amount of obstruction in the past four years.They wrote the No child left behind program, and became vile when they wanted to throw more money into a failing system.

Many things went wrong in this adminstration... and at a different time Bush may even admit that But During A Campaign.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia

I am not a Democrat, I am a Libertarian and you just got a warn for the name calling. If you want to stay and discuss this like an adult fine but lose the attitude and the mudslinging. You are not gonna turn this thread into a namecalling contest.

51% is hardly a landslide and most will admit they voted AGAINST the Democrats instead of FOR the Republicans and there common sense stance of globel warfare and trillion dollar debts. The ONLY thing worse than the Republicans are the Democrats

Both parties are leading this country astray

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ptab01

I agree 100%

WE are to blame for what we got
WE are the ones that allow ourselves to be Brainwashed into believing that there are ONLY two choices
WE are the ones looking for the quick fix and not the long haul
WE are the ones giving up our freedom and rights to save us from the boogy man

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is the problem we have today. Instead of looking at the BIG picture and saying WHY do we elect the biggest liar and theif every year we get drug into a finger pointing contest on both sides. Its like two first graders "he hit me first" etc.

Lets cut to the chase here and say BOTH sides are lying thiving SOBs that should be in prision somewhere not leading our country.

If the Democrats were in charge things would be no better.

One side is for controling ever phase of your life and a ever growing bloated government......Oh wait BOTH parties are for that.

BOTH sides have grown into huge monsters that will claim ANYTHING to stay in power and we the public eat it up without thinking they promise the same thing EVERY four years and forget about it right after election.

We are like an abused wife going back to the man that beats her too blind to see that we have other choices

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Amuk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join