It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do we go from here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Not just over the next four years but the future in general.

Will we pull togather or apart? I here people talking about civil war and running to another country. I really hope we can avoid civil war and for those that will run rather than to stay and fight for your rights (at the ballot booth) I can only repeat what Grady said "dont let the door hit you on the way out"

I am affraid that our interfering in other countries will come back to bite us on the ass someday but I dont think for a minute Kerry would be better at it than Bush. It is only a matter of time before we see a Mushroom cloud over one of our cities and yet we continue down a path of destruction and would no matter WHICH party was elected.I dont see how futher war in the middle east is avoidable

I think we are watching the Democratic party self destruct and the Republicans seem like they are trying to turn this country into a police state. If some other party does not step in and fill the gap I truely fear for the future becaused the Country is becoming unbalanced with almost total control in the hands of one party. I would not like that even if it was the Libertarians because too much power corupts no mater which party you are in. Hopefully we can gain members as some Republicans are discusted in the direction their party is taking.

I am worried about our religious freedom and a lot of other rights because as someone else pointed out the Republicans control all three branches of government. That in itself would not be so bad if it was still the "small government lower taxes" party that it used to be but somewhere in here they have become something else. I am also worried that so many of my fellow Americans seem unconcerend about the Patriot act and the slow erosion of our freedoms.

I am worried more for the world we will be leaving our children and grand children then the one we are in right now, so many people are brainwashed into the quick fix when the problem runs MUCH deeper than that. It seems to me that we are going to leave them a world either at war or with troops EVERYWHERE to mantain our control over it, a country TRILLIONS in debt, A world where everyones phone can taped at will and there home searched without a warrent even jailed without a lawyer or even letting your family know where you are. All to protect us from "terrorists" of course

Our only hope IMO are getting the younger people interested and moblized to win Back our freedom and restord this country to its roots of personal freedom and responsabilty.

What world do you see?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Amuk,

that's one excellent post you made. Basically I see the bleak picture you painted.

I think cutting a more reasonable ME policy would be a good start to mitigate the dire situation a small tiny bit.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
its about war!!!

our souls have become lost in the frey, people talk security they dont realize that requires desecrating a great part of the planet to fuel our greed. this is a true nightmare of extradinary proportions, the debt, cooruption, violence, neglagence will rain down upon the earth in a firery plague titled 'shock and awe' while our leaders, elders, and families are safely snuggly huddled next to their TVs like we have been for the last 50 years. accomplishing absolutly nill, the economy will divide the propagande will flourish all under the tyranny labeled 'freedom'. may lobo save us from our inevitable demise!

[edit on 3-11-2004 by sturod84]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I hate to say it but I think we're going here:

I'm actually considering religion again.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

it took every once of moral desecncy for me to refrain from putting it like that intrepid, but yes i also agree that is where we are headed

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Over 35 years later Barry Mcguire's words ring true, sadly so:
Eve of Destruction

The eastern world, it is explodin’.
Violence flarin’, bullets loadin’
You’re old enough to kill, but not for votin’
You don’t believe in war, but what’s that gun you’re totin’
And even the Jordan River has bodies floatin’

But you tell me
Over and over and over again, my friend
Ah, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve
of destruction.

Don’t you understand what I’m tryin’ to say
Can’t you feel the fears I’m feelin’ today?
If the button is pushed, there’s no runnin’ away
There’ll be no one to save, with the world in a grave
Take a look around you boy
It’s bound to scare you boy

And you tell me
Ah, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve
of destruction.

Yeah, my blood’s so mad feels like coagulatin’
I’m sitting here just contemplatin’
I can’t twist the truth, it knows no regulation.
Handful of senators don’t pass legislation
And marches alone can’t bring integration
When human respect is disintegratin’
This whole crazy world is just too frustratin’

And you tell me
Ah, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve
of destruction.

Think of all the hate there is in Red China
Then take a look around to Selma, Alabama
You may leave here for 4 days in space
But when you return, it’s the same old place
The poundin’ of the drum, the pride and disgrace
You can bury your dead, but don’t leave a trace
Hate your next-door neighbor, but don’t forget to say grace
And… tell me over and over and over and over again, my friend
You don’t believe
We’re on the eve
Of destruction
Mm, no no, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve
of destruction.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Even if the republicans were Godlike in their wisdom and restrant what about the next bunch. The Patriot act is BEGGING to be abused and so far the Supreme Court was really the only thing between us and police state.

Now it looks like it will be staffed by Bushs handpicked people and the safety net will be gone. I just hope that things dont get so far out of hand that it cannot be fixed. I dont think voting for the Democrats will fix the problem either both parties are in a rush to see how much they can force on the people and sadly it seems to me that MOST of us are more than happy to give up any and all privicy and freedom to be protected from the boggy man.

Although I believe that the Democratic party is self distructing as we speak the Republicans might want to remember someother party that aint as noble and wise as they are will have these same laws to abuse.

We have basicaly become a ONE party Government and that is not good

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
So am I right bro? I think so. Wished I wasn't.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
So am I right bro? I think so. Wished I wasn't.

God I hope not.

We will just have to wait and see. People are too wraped up in the party line to keep there eyes on the prize. You know as well as I thet for the last couple months you could not complain in the least about the President or you would be swamped by look at what Kerry or Clinton or whoever did.

And the Democrats have done the same.

The Problems have grown beyond the quick fix and no one seems to know. I have a sinking feeling that we are fixing to pay for sins

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I have no idea where we go from here, we're all in a quagmire (word of the day) The country is still divided, probably even more so than before and I am having a difficult time even contemplating how we will overcome this, nothing has changed and unfortunately I only see this rift between the "right" and the "left" (i hate labels) getting bigger.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
keep your eye on the ball wat ever happens in iraq will be the outcome of the future. if record number of attacks take place (like which is what is going on it seems) then it will only get worse.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
When i was younger i never thought we could become like the germans of WWII or the japanese of the same era.now that i am older and wiser i see us turning into exactly that.but with our very own unique american twist,Fundamentalist religion coupled with the merger of corporation and the executive branch of our government may very well make us a "Brand New Machine".My father was a staunch republican,he stood for small government,PERSONAL freedom (will we ever be able to legaly smoke a joint???)seperation of church and state and all of the constitution,not just the parts he liked.Today,The Neo cons of the republican party would call my father a "liberal" becasue he wasnt a BOOTLICKING bush loving mindless follower.
we are walking a fine line and teetering the wrong way.the only thing i see the democrats doing (Wrongly!!) is trying to appeal to the religious nuts in our country,becasue lets be honost,democrats and republicans arent interested in making america a better country for the average person.its abnout power influence and money.they will try anything to recapture that,which leaves us basicaly with one party,no matter which way you cut it.and with no other choice than to pick the pot or the kettle,america will revolt.i dont see how things are going to get any better.in fact i think things are going to get much worse,MUCH worse.lets be real,we live in a police state,there is NO meaningful seperation of church and state,we dont personaly own anything(dont believe me??stop paying taxes on the things you "own")and the vast majority of americans dont have a clue,nor do they want one.we are going to hell in a handbasket and people seem to be enjoying the ride.i am totally blown away by the crap that flows out of peoples minds now a days.all i can say is,Keep your guns loaded,your knives sharp.becasue i think we are about to Reap the Whirlwind my friends.

Sorry this is so jumbled,i was a getting a little pissed and typed it pretty fast,lol.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Samhain]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Its all down hill from here. Bush will destroy our economy. Our national debt is near $7.5 trillion and I expect it to be near $10 trillion when he leaves office. We will continue to bleed manufacturing jobs to Mexico and China. The war on terror won't end. Its a ficticious war to begin with. You can't define an ending to a war against an imaginary enemy. An enemy that is whoever you decided it is today. You just keep making up new ones each day. Bush will make every effort to strip our constitution of our sacred rights. And after all the damage he and the republican controlled congress will have done the 2008 election will come up. The American people will be furious. There will be a mass exit of republican senators. And we will be given the gift of a democratically controlled congress and Hillary Clinton for a president. And that will be the end of this country. And it all falls back on the people that were narrow minded enough to put Bush back in office. Remember November 2nd, 2004. That was the day the American people spoke up and said in a united voice that this country, the constitution and its future didn't matter.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The Democratic party does seem to be in trouble. And, it worries me greatly that The House and Senate are seucrely in the hands of the same party that is in the WH. More than half the states governors, too.

I'm really hoping one of the 3rd parties, hopefully the Libertarians will take this opportunity to rise up. Sadly, even local LP I voted for...well, let's just say it wasn't a close race.

I think the Republican resurgence is a backlash. In part due to 9/11, In part due to the 80s and 90s "me" mentality.
I think this country peaked right around November 22, 1963. I'm not sure we can stop the townward spiral.

I think the EU is about more than a unified currency. It's also about changing the world playing field. They already affect the price we pay for oil: EU oil prices have NOT risen nearly as much as it has here, as mentioned in a thread here.
I know everybody doesn't agree with a lot Icke says, but he says something about American being created to take England down a nothc or two. Maybe that is what the EU is trying to do to us.
Who said we're supposed to be the greatest, the best, the most powerful, etc. nation in the world???
What other countries must think of us??????

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Being from the other side of the world I can see how our political climate was influenced by the situation in Iraq, whcih personally i don't think we should be anywhere near as we have no right to be there.

Basically besides that I think a huge majority of people all over think we are in some dark times, but what I want to gain some information on, if someone can help me out, is the domestic situation in the U.S?

Seems the whole campaign on both fronts was focused on protecting from 'terrorists' not much to do in reharg to a defecit or childcare, or social issues. What is the situation really like there?

M@

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disaster_Boy
Being from the other side of the world I can see how our political climate was influenced by the situation in Iraq, whcih personally i don't think we should be anywhere near as we have no right to be there.

Basically besides that I think a huge majority of people all over think we are in some dark times, but what I want to gain some information on, if someone can help me out, is the domestic situation in the U.S?

Seems the whole campaign on both fronts was focused on protecting from 'terrorists' not much to do in reharg to a defecit or childcare, or social issues. What is the situation really like there?

M@

Think 1939 germany.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Anyone else think the 08 ticket could be Hillary clinton Vs. arnold schwarzenegger( however the hell you spell it..

A Foreigner.........why are people even considering changing the constitution to allow someone FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY run for our highest office?

And ol hillary...........a bold move of desperation from a party without an identity.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Things are wrong on so many levels where would you start? The Democrats are part of the problem so there is no need to look there for answers. We need a shake up from the top to the bottom. Back in the Cold War we thought it was terrible for the USSR to have only one party in power we called it a dictatorship. I wonder what only having one party in power here will be called?

All it will take is one MAJOR terrorist attack and we can kiss our freedoms away. But what the hell most of us dont want to be free anyhow, right.

If our founding fathers were here today they would start ANOTHER Revolution. I think what is worse than our country slipping into a police state is the fact that MOST of us WANT it that way

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Nuff said.

Misfit

[Edit = changed pic addy, before Bush has me done in for speaking what I think.........PA2)

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Misfit]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Things are wrong on so many levels where would you start? The Democrats are part of the problem so there is no need to look there for answers. We need a shake up from the top to the bottom. Back in the Cold War we thought it was terrible for the USSR to have only one party in power we called it a dictatorship. I wonder what only having one party in power here will be called?

All it will take is one MAJOR terrorist attack and we can kiss our freedoms away. But what the hell most of us dont want to be free anyhow, right.

If our founding fathers were here today they would start ANOTHER Revolution. I think what is worse than our country slipping into a police state is the fact that MOST of us WANT it that way

One party rule in ANY country is a dictatorship.Democrats problem is they havent been able to fuse religion into their party like the republicans have.
If our founding fathers were here today they would be in prison with jesus, for being terrorist.

<<   2 >>

join