It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple casualties in Texas fertilizer plant explosion - reports

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Multiple casualties in Texas fertilizer plant explosion - reports

rt.com

A massive explosion has rocked a fertilizer plant near Waco, Texas. Rescue crews are on the scene as a number of injuries have been reported, according to local affiliate KWTX. Several buildings are thought to have been destroyed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Did a quick search, this is just breaking. Sorry if it's a repeat...

I'm in Texas so this caught my eye immediately. Several buildings on fire and not much info right now.

I hope this isn't some sort of attack. It's at a fertilizer plant it happen so speculation may be wide and diverse. A fireball of nearly 100 feet high has been reported along with a massive power outage.

Any other people heard about this? Anyone in TX with more information?

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

fox4kc.com...

www.cnn.com...
edit on 17-4-2013 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Oh wow,

theres another thread about this, but didnt notice any mention of multiple, nor casual, till this one.

Casualties, as in deaths? How many?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
WACO (April 17, 2013)—Emergency crews were responding Wednesday night after a report of a major explosion at a burning fertilizer plant in West north of Waco. West firefighters were dispatched to the plant earlier in the evening after an earlier fire rekindled. The explosion was reported at around 7:50 p.m. in a frantic radio call from the scene of the fire at West Fertilizer at 1471 Jerry Mashek Dr. just off Interstate 35. Numerous injuries were reported and multiple ambulances were requested. Several buildings were reported destroyed and a nearby nursing home was damaged. There were reports that people were trapped in the nursing home and in an apartment building. Scanner traffic indicated that some residents of both the nursing home and apartment building were severely injured.reply to post by tropic

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hope it doesn't turn out like this one that happened in Texas....

The Texas City disaster was the deadliest industrial accident in U.S. history. The incident took place on April 16, 1947, and began with a mid-morning fire on board the French-registered vessel SS Grandcamp which was docked in the Port of Texas City. The fire detonated approximately 2,300 tons of ammonium nitrate[1] and the resulting chain reaction of fires and explosions killed at least 581 people, including all but one member of the Texas City fire department.[2] These events also triggered the first ever class action lawsuit against the United States government, under the then-recently enacted Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), on behalf of 8,485 victims.

link

Seems Texas and fertiilser are not a good mix.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think there's a thread already even tho search shows neither that one or this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
nm
edit on 17-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well this is not good. Wonder if this has any connections with Boston? I doubt it but there is always that chance...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chibears85
Well this is not good. Wonder if this has any connections with Boston? I doubt it but there is always that chance...

Seeing how people used to make bombs out of fertilizer and there is bound to be a ton of chemicals at this plant, plus the fire has been burning for awhile, I'm gonna go with no connection to terrorism.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost

Seeing how people used to make bombs out of fertilizer and there is bound to be a ton of chemicals at this plant, plus the fire has been burning for awhile, I'm gonna go with no connection to terrorism.

Eh, is this sarcasm? Sarcasm does not show well over text...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Apparently it shows better than you give it credit for.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

I did a thread on that explosion last year on the 65th anniversary (see signature for thread) as my grandfather is one of the people who was killed by the blast.

Yesterday was the 66th anniversary, so there have been a lot of tragedies in April over the years.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Check out this image. A mushroom cloud. www.landthieves.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tropic
Oh wow,

theres another thread about this, but didnt notice any mention of multiple, nor casual, till this one.

Casualties, as in deaths? How many?

100 injured so far, per CNN.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
America appears to be under attack.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
America appears to be under attack.

We are being over run by happenstance!

We had a refinery explode here a few years ago. It is traumatizing to have this happen in your community, especially if a lot of folks work there and everyone has a connection.
edit on 17-4-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

How so?

I think this is called jumping to conclusions. If the country was under attack, you would know. You would not have to speculate.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
reply to post by magma

I did a thread on that explosion last year on the 65th anniversary (see signature for thread) as my grandfather is one of the people who was killed by the blast.

Yesterday was the 66th anniversary, so there have been a lot of tragedies in April over the years.

Sorry for your loss. This one is almost to the day as well, tragic.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Apparently it shows better than you give it credit for.

Oh, get off it. It shows what it shows. Despite whatever you type or think. Wake up, for goodness sake. Magma gave you the link to the previous "historical." I know I;m an ass%%ole for saying it, but does no one else really see the repetitive nature of what is happening, the craziness that has been unleashed and even encouraged. and can we discuss that instead of our lack of impartment of sarcasm, as that would be so much more useful???? Surely, I am not the only one thinking along those lines.....

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

reply to post by ButterCookie

How so?

I think this is called jumping to conclusions. If the country was under attack, you would know. You would not have to speculate.

WHAT????The country is clearly and quite defenitively under some kind of attack, whether it be from within or without. Think about it: if the goal is a one world, global deal, then how better to achieve that then splintering and violence? Would you know that, and I'm not trying to offend you, just asking logically what begs the question, at this point.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join