It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea demands apology, refuses talks with South Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
PYONGYANG, North Korea -- North Korea said it was open to talks, but not as long as the United States is "brandishing a nuclear stick," while Washington insisted that the burden for renewed negotiations now rests with Pyongyang.

but not as long as the United States is "brandishing a nuclear stick,

Are you serious??

North Korea also warned that it will intensify unspecified "military countermeasures" unless the U.S. stops conducting military drills on the peninsula and withdraws the military assets that Pyongyang says threaten the North with a nuclear attack.
The statements Tuesday came amid international fears that the North is preparing to conduct a medium-range missile test and also as North Korea marked the second day of festivities in honour of the April 15 birthday of its first leader, Kim Il Sung.

Read more: www.ctvnews.ca...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The Real Housewives with nuclear weapons.

Honestly the first thing that came to me when I read your title was the silliness of those vapid women - always getting offended and demanding apologies. This is that on a bigger scale with more at stake.

Where have all the grown ups gone?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Yeah, you are right. All I can hear in my head is:

"You have nuclear weapons, it's not fair, I want nuclear weapons, give me nuclear weapons, I want then, I want them now" Boo hoo wine sob, moan.

Silly little boy.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Getting the US to apologize would be like getting North Korea to play nice with others and stop threatening to bomb South Korea.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is what happens when you appease them, remember the SK cancelled a missile test in order to not poke lil kimmy.

He must of taken that as them blinking and now wants more.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Completely correct. I know "we" don't want war but it really does not seem that the measures taken to make him suffer are working all that well i.e. Sanctions.

I think he needs a stiff reminder of how it works in the real world and stop messing around like a silly little baby.

I'm personally over it.

You can only throw things out of the pram / cot so many times until mummy gets angry.
edit on 16-4-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by benrl

Completely correct. I know "we" don't want war but it really does not seem that the measures taken to make him suffer are working all that well i.e. Sanctions.

I think he needs a stiff reminder of how it works in the real world and stop messing around like a silly little baby.

I'm personally over it.

You can only throw things out of the pram / cot so many times until mummy gets angry.
edit on 16-4-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

Ofcourse he doesn't appear to give a damn about sanctions, he has billions of dollars in slush funds.
To hit him where it hurts they need to liquidate all those assets. stat.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Think about it.

Apologize for a war THEY started?

Unbelievable.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The offender always asks the offended to apologize for the offense that they have caused. Little Kimmy is a disgrace to himself, his parents and to his country. Instead of moving forward to get the sanctions removed, he has gone the opposite direction and had them increased. It appears that he has had a few too many Big Mac's and GMO fries as it has effected his health and mental capabilities. Either that or he is a few Mac Nuggets short of a Happy Meal.

It's doubtful NK really desires a military conflict as any ground gained in the short term would lead to a complete loss of the entire nation shortly thereafter. Should NK even use a nuclear weapon against either SK, Japan or a US military base, the US would most likely resort to using conventional weapons rather than nuclear. With navel and air superiority assured, NK boots would be at the mercy of airborne death from above.

So in light of this, what's little Kimmy hoping to gain by an apology, not to be bombed back to the stone age?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Ha! Love it. Thanks......it all becomes a little more amusing.

It's the 1930's type language that cracks me up.

It's a North Korean version of Ye oldie script.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I think he needs a stiff reminder of how it works

Indeed...a couple of MIM-104 Patriots should be stiff enough for his fat ass.

Do Core countries own the right to nuclear power/weapons over those in the Periphery..? No, but NK definitely doesn't deserve to be in that club, as they have demonstrated time and again that Nationalism outweighs the need of the many.

Until human rights are properly situated in that country, the stupid fu(k should tone it down.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Wise words indeed.

Although I would love to see a triple whopper packed down that throat of his.

Just for my own amusement I hasten to add.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Can you name me ALL the Countries that have said they wanted to wipe another Country out with Nuclear Weapons, on a daily?

I say they are suicidal.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Yep and super size those fries and coke while your at it. Maybe we should add a little extra GMO secret sauce and don't forget the lettuce, pickle and tomato.

Back when Clinton was in office, the Chinese made the mistake of stating that they had 25 of the US's cities targeted. Just about the next day a 2500lb smart bomb went sliding through the Chinese embassy's front door in Bosnia. China got the message and the US said sorry wrong building.

Now NK has made the same threat against SK, Japan and the US. Little Kimmy just might need to have a Big Mac special delivery with a 2500lb smart bomb knocking on his front door. Qaddafi got one and it changed his attitude so much so that he decided to be a peace envoy. Now will that delivery be by B1 or B2, and thank you for choosing USAF express. We aim to please!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

All this talk of big Macs makes me want one, please dont make me side with Lil Kim.

Lil Kim is doing very well for a boy going through pubety.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
North Korea rejects negotiations with US

www.theaustralian.com.au...

Pyongyang said while it was not opposed to a dialogue, it will not sit down at a "humiliating negotiating table with the party brandishing a nuclear stick," according to a statement by North Korea's Foreign Ministry on Wednesday.

humiliating negotiating table with the party brandishing a nuclear stick

meaning young KIM has just realised who wields the largest stick.

I also take it from that quote, he feels a bit embarrassed already.......by the sounds of it anyway??

edit on 17-4-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Too crazy.

You think hes worse then his Father?

I do.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Don't they know what the left hand has been saying for a few weeks now?

I thought they were going to nuke the universe? The Galaxy even Muahahah (Evil laugh)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think he's crazy also, but I also think he nods his fat little head when his party leaders spout their crap at him.

Remember (you do) they want REVENGE!!! and cheeseburgers, the nice kind just like their South Korean brethren

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
All kidding aside, the only reason Kim Jung Un is still in office is due to the fact that even though he could effectively take Seoul it would only bring about the North's demise. The leaders consider it an acceptable short term loss (collateral damage) in light of the strategic gain of the entire peninsula.

China on the other hand would accept reunification of both North and South Korea under the South's leadership as opposed to having a loose nuclear cannon in the North. The lesser of two evils in their eyes. It would also open up greater trade rather than a constant CNY drain with little to no real benefit for China. Similar to the US position with Okinawa and Japan in the 70's. Constant money drain low benefit. Okinawa was returned to Japan, the US retained its bases and Japan got the money drain.

Sooner or later China will cut their losses because that dog don't hunt and they are tired of feeding it. However it does bark allot much to everyones annoyance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join