It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justin Trudeau Becomes Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Justin Trudeau has been elected leader of the Liberal Party of Canada, a position held by his late father Pierre Elliott Trudeau, who . . .

was the 15th Prime Minister of Canada from April 20, 1968 to June 4, 1979, and again from March 3, 1980 to June 30, 1984.

en.wikipedia.org...

This deserves a better thread than I have time to give at the moment, but there is no thread on this that I can find and it does deserve a thread.

To succeed in his new role Justin Trudeau is going to need a lot of help.

I don't think he is qualified for this job.

I personally worked for a Liberal party candidate in 1968, the year that his father (and Trudeau-mania) swept the nation. My family were Liberals for generations. I'm not against Liberals, but I am realistic.

Light-weight does not describe Justin Trudeau. Gossamer is the word.

That doesn't mean he can't be elected or that he won't succeed if elected, but it does throw a lot of the heavy lifting that needs to be done onto the shoulders of other people, until Justin can get up to speed, if he can get up to speed.

I think he can. I know he can win a fistfight coming from behind, but this new fight will be like war, like the worst kind of war, the long bitter war of attrition.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Damn............ I guess we're stuck with Harper for a long time.

Ha ha ha!!!! This city is smug. Yuppies just moved in next door. There goes the neighbourhood.....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Justin Trudeau is a very kind man. I had him as one of my teachers in high school

Also had Nancy Campbell as my school's vice-president until people had printed the mugshot
Photos of her husband (Gordon Campbell) and stuck them on all the school lockers.. Ooh, and they smoke bombed her office too.

Lol - crazy times

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
How stupid are people?
Justin Trudeau = another Obama.....
a hollow construct of the spindoctors with the strings of power reaching far into the back rooms. of international bankery.....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Good for him... Wouldn't we all just love to be the leader of a near defunct political party.

His dream of leading a new powerful Liberal Party is just that, a dream. His policy positions are laughable at worst and are pipedreams at best.

Nothing like using daddy's name to gain political favour though!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kathael

Very good, he may be a very nice man, but niceness doesn't translate to relevent political prowess.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Oh, I absolutely agree. I also do not think he's got what it takes. However, if he does make it, I'm sure he will be a puppet.. As they all are

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So we're stuck with Harper?

Because he's Americanizing us, prisons for profit, 3 strike law, loosening too many environmental regulations, cutting the budgets too much regarding healthcare.

Although he is an economist, and we have trade with BRIC countries, expanding trade worldwide, AAA credit rating
He's kept us economically well off compared to many other countries.

I can't even think about NDP, without Layton, they're dead in the water.

The other parties will never reach power.

I have to do a lot of reading about Trudeau's policies. I'm not writing him off yet.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Don't derail the thread. This theread is about the Liberal party and Justin Trudeau.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Won't this be a lot of fun... The whoosy son of a prime minister who was a trained jesuit priest and hand picked by the queen (and her advisors) to start the destruction of Canada. I guess we're in phase 3 now, the end game. People are fed up with Harper, so I expect this younger trudeau will make the next popular puppet.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Ok. Not trying to derail.
I did say I need to read up on his policies.

justin.ca...

He's got a couple of years to get up to speed. I'll definately be watching how he does until the next election.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I am willing to vote in anyone that would get Harper out the door.

edit on 4/15/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm conservative but I'm also a student of history. Yesterday was an historic moment and I thought the Lib's did well. Rae's speech was very good. Justin stole the show. He copped to past Liberal scams. Made a petition to Quebec. MANY Canadians were watching this, not just Liberals. Look for a Liberal resurgence. I said he would be PM before he even got into politics. I'm still saying it. Hell, he took his own party on and won. They told him where to run. He said, "Screw you, I'm running here." Then beat the party's candidate. Won the seat and here we go. He's now their leader.

Don't underestimate Justin. His party did and now he's their leader. He's charismatic, intelligent, thoughtful, an excellent speaker. I thought his was the best political speech I've heard for years from any party above or below the 49th. From the reading I've been doing he's got his mother's brains(policy wise) and his father's balls. The other parties better be aware of what's coming. With Layton gone and Justin up and coming I see the Lib's taking back Quebec. Inroads into Ontario. The next gov't will be another minority. The election after that? My money will be on the Lib's. Not my vote though. My Conservative MP is one of the best in Ottawa. Maybe he can then replace Harper and get some integrity back in the party.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by palg1
Good for him... Wouldn't we all just love to be the leader of a near defunct political party.

His dream of leading a new powerful Liberal Party is just that, a dream. His policy positions are laughable at worst and are pipedreams at best.

Unlike the Progressive Conservatives that WERE defunct a decade ago?

en.wikipedia.org...

They had to "unite the right" to get any traction. Like I said, don't underestimate Justin. Do so at your own peril.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In case you haven't seen his speech:

Well written and well delivered. Watch out for this guy.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Justin is nothing more than a MuchMusic Generation (MTV to you Americans) pretty boy who happens to have a famous daddy.

Pierre was the traitor who sold out the Bank of Canada (and everyone living in Canada with it) to International Bankers back in 1974 and threw us barreling headlong into a spiraling abyss of debt from which there will never be an escape.

The saying "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" exists for a reason.

Watch his response here when posed the question: "You made mention of the family living standard... if we were to restore the Bank of Canada...... [gets cut off]"

Hear his response at 2:23

Also notice at 2:50, after asking him about Power Corp. the reporter is shushed away by security. (Watch the response of the "guard"... uhhh... duhhhh... mmmm.. uhhhh....... typical dough-head
)

... eventually he caves to repeated requests to comment on the Bank of Canada. Hear what he says at 3:30 and 4:34. Telling.

He is just another in a long line of propped up self-entitled gimme gimme's who spend the bulk of their time and money focusing on convincing the vast majority (read: SHEEPLE) that "nothing's wrong, but if it is, I'm here to fix it ! And if you elect me, I will !"

Evidence of that is no further away than the videos I've provided above. Watch him happily coddle the average completely ignorant Joe, along with the elderly folk who obviously had such a hard-on for his daddy back in the day, even though he was robbing them blind....

edit on 15-4-2013 by HIWATT because: sp

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Mr. Harper, is that you?
PET was loved and hated, sometimes at the same time by the same individuals. That charisma can take you a long way. I'm actually pulling for him. Then we can get rid of Herr Harper and put in a REAL Conservative.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
In case you haven't seen his speech:

Well written and well delivered. Watch out for this guy.

“To adapt a sentiment from the great American President Franklin D. Roosevelt: never before in this country have the forces of negativity, cynicism and fear been so united in their hostility toward one candidate.

There is a reason for that, Captain Obvious. (edit: referring to Justin here, not you Intrepid)
People aren't as gullible with the lack of access to information they had back when yer Pappy was in charge.

I can't believe how well rehearsed that was. He spent a LOT of time in front of the mirror with that one.

Hard to watch the whole thing.
He's only 41 years old and his demeanor seemed to be "I really do know what's best. I am compassionate. I am knowledgeable. I am wise. I can and will provide for you....."

I found it condescending and patronizing.

edit on 15-4-2013 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by HIWATT

Mr. Harper, is that you?
PET was loved and hated, sometimes at the same time by the same individuals. That charisma can take you a long way. I'm actually pulling for him. Then we can get rid of Herr Harper and put in a REAL Conservative.

Meet the new boss : same as the old boss.

I don't hold any political affiliation. They are all scumbags.

Nothing ever really changes for the better. Justin is (purposefully) mistaking knowledge for cynicism, and people are so ignorant they laugh and clap and cheer about it.

edit on 15-4-2013 by HIWATT because: bold

edit on 15-4-2013 by HIWATT because: oops! lol

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hmmm, looks like a good time to get into canada politics.....
edit on Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:45:08 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join