It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justin Trudeau Becomes Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Who? The bone smuggling pirate clan stan? La Senza's new summer line? Its all in the eyes chico.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is really not a funny topic but you've got to give credit to some of the crafty ways the poo flinging comes about. Just found this: Just In Over His Head

www.justinoverhishead.ca...

I don't think it's what Intrepid meant when he said "watch out for this guy" (or maybe it was), but Justin being a "Quebecer" absolutely should give people some pause.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Title of the video should have been, ''Why he's our man for the job'' spliced with scenes of him performing anecdotal hand roll finales to his Shakespearean performances as a drama teacher. Don't the good actors usually not end up teaching?.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Kapablanka because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2013 by Kapablanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Celebrity politiction for PM?..

That worked well in the USA, eh?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

I Look! As a collective society Canadians are hyper delusional. They are told the Canadian mosiac is superior to the American melting pot model. Most still believe this nonsense. Where else would a country immigrate 3% of it's population year after year and have a gov't dept. to protect Canadian Culture. Isn't this a contradiction. Most Canadians would disagree. Here now, we have the son of the arguably worst PM in Canada's history; father of the failed repatriation of the Constitution and his failed attempt's to unify Canada, almost led to its destruction. He is hoping to rekindle the synthetic charisma of his father, and make Canada greater than it is today.
Canada is a zionist state pure and simple. Why else would it close it's embassy in Iran and support the Israeli mission to attack Iran. The last important UN session was boycotted by Harper. Was it any coincidence that he was to receive an award from a zionist organization the same day that Ahmadinejad addressed the UN. The fact that Trudeau has no comment on the Canadian Gov't borrowing from private banks only to pay interest on loans instead of borrowing from the Bank of Canada at zero interest rates is further proof that he is beholding to the zionist banking elite. In the next election Canadians will choose from Zionist A, B, or C. Canada's blind loyalty to the Zionists will be rewarded by nuked out cities in the next global military campaign.
Canadians need to figure out, that, whether you choose Harper, Trudeau or the NDP candidate, you will by buying into the same zionist political agenda. If you expect your quality of life to improve, dream on. The only beneficiaries of his Prime Ministerial ambitions will be his family and close friends and the state of Israel. Any economic improvement under Trudeau, will be an illusion fuelled by increasing private and public debt. Beit Trudeau or Harper, Canada will experience the same economic spiral that the US is enjoying. The trap has been set, the model is the same; load the public and gov't with debt that cannot possibly be repaid , then pull out the carpet, and watch Canada's generous immigration program decay into race riots and massive social chaos. I expect that the social chaos will be worse in Canada than the US, due to Canadians' misguided reliance on Government for their salvation.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Trudeau has essentially no parliamentary experience.
He held a seat in the back row for 2 years but essentially was absent more than he was there.
He some how won the leadership on his popularity rather than his nonexistent policies.
The Liberals my had been better off with the other Justin, you know, the one that sings.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I just watched Justin Trudeau's acceptance speech and I think it was a good one. It was a good cheerleading speech. His reference to the end of the era of "hyphenated" Liberals was very well received. He is on the right track there.

Also, early in the speech it occurred to me that if Justin is able to bring the public into his life in anything like the stylish way that his father did, then he will give Prime Minister Harper serious problems.

Justin is not an intriguing international playboy as his father was perceived to be, but he is a very attractive young man with an attractive family. That is something that appeals to young and old alike. If a significant part of the Liberal campaign consists of news clips featuring a happy young family led by even slightly charismatic young parents, and these two are more than slightly charismatic, a considerable number of votes will be generated for the Liberals.

The importance of this in the defensive strategy of the Conservatives cannot be overestimated. Justin, en famille is a formidable challenge to Prime Minister Harper on the level of personality. Not that the PM doesn't have a nice family, because he does. But there is a magic about very young children and young parents coping with them. Have you ever noticed how when a young mother brings a baby onto the bus, so many eyes focus on the baby?

This new family in Canadian politics is going to be a magnet for attention beyond the wildest dreams of political strategists.

Trudeau is trying to rebuild his party. The speech was aimed in that direction. There was nothing in it that even hinted at serious policy problems or solutions to those problems. Those are the rocks on which Michael Ignatieff ran aground.

It should be very interesting to observe the career of Justin Trudeau. Even if he is only able to bring the Liberals back to leadership of the Opposition in Parliament, it will be a stunning achievement. Unlike the Conservatives or the New Democratic Party, the Liberals have a tougher row to hoe.

They always go to war on two fronts.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cayrichard
reply to post by HIWATT

I Look! As a collective society Canadians are hyper delusional. They are told the Canadian mosiac is superior to the American melting pot model. Most still believe this nonsense. Where else would a country immigrate 3% of it's population year after year and have a gov't dept. to protect Canadian Culture. Isn't this a contradiction. Most Canadians would disagree. Here now, we have the son of the arguably worst PM in Canada's history; father of the failed repatriation of the Constitution and his failed attempt's to unify Canada, almost led to its destruction. He is hoping to rekindle the synthetic charisma of his father, and make Canada greater than it is today.
Canada is a zionist state pure and simple. Why else would it close it's embassy in Iran and support the Israeli mission to attack Iran. The last important UN session was boycotted by Harper. Was it any coincidence that he was to receive an award from a zionist organization the same day that Ahmadinejad addressed the UN. The fact that Trudeau has no comment on the Canadian Gov't borrowing from private banks only to pay interest on loans instead of borrowing from the Bank of Canada at zero interest rates is further proof that he is beholding to the zionist banking elite. In the next election Canadians will choose from Zionist A, B, or C. Canada's blind loyalty to the Zionists will be rewarded by nuked out cities in the next global military campaign.
Canadians need to figure out, that, whether you choose Harper, Trudeau or the NDP candidate, you will by buying into the same zionist political agenda. If you expect your quality of life to improve, dream on. The only beneficiaries of his Prime Ministerial ambitions will be his family and close friends and the state of Israel. Any economic improvement under Trudeau, will be an illusion fuelled by increasing private and public debt. Beit Trudeau or Harper, Canada will experience the same economic spiral that the US is enjoying. The trap has been set, the model is the same; load the public and gov't with debt that cannot possibly be repaid , then pull out the carpet, and watch Canada's generous immigration program decay into race riots and massive social chaos. I expect that the social chaos will be worse in Canada than the US, due to Canadians' misguided reliance on Government for their salvation.

Here's the late Jack Layton alluding to the treachery of Pierre Elliot Trudeau

BTW if none of you have seen it, OhCanadaMovie explains this in further detail

edit on 15-4-2013 by HIWATT because: links

edit on 15-4-2013 by HIWATT because: sp

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have checked out Hiwatt's links and am in the process of watching the OhCanadaMovie (just started it).

The banks and the corporations. That goes to the heart of the matter. It is the world's problem. I know that and have posted on it in these forums numerous times.

Trudeau will go to a Bilderberger meeting and will fall into line with the NWO, just as the NDP has done. It is all a question of power. The corporate elite has the power. They control the media and focus their media presentations on the middle of the demographic bell curve. Those folks, in the middle of that curve, elect governments, but they are not the smartest people in the population. They don't get subtlety. They trust authority. They believe the soothing voice that reads the news to them.

There is no constructive way to change this and at the rate things are going, there soon will be no way at all to change this. The New World Order is going to be established. It will be a medieval world order and will operate like order operated in the Middle Ages.

It is very difficult to see how this can be avoided. Keeping Justin Trudeau away from the Bilderberger meetings is not the way to do it. Fiddling with the banking system is a very dangerous thing to do as JFK found out.

I would be happy if Justin Trudeau found a way to collect more corporate tax and to cut off escape routes to tax havens. I would be happy if he found a way to throw a few drug money laundering bankers into jail. I would be happy if some progress could be made in the area of political patronage, but I think that is a completely lost cause. None of the political parties even campaign on that basis.

The developed world has a big problem. Corporations. They need to be reigned in before they completely cannibalize the middle class. If Trudeau starts to address issues like that, I think he could defeat Harper, if he doesn't get shot by an alleged "lone nut gunman" first.

The only way to really make a difference in Canada or anywhere else in politics, is to proceed by degrees, knowing full well where you are going. Trudeau and any politician who wants to help Canadians is going to have to deal with the powerful corporations in the land. Deals have to be done. The people who run these corporations have to be sold on a happy healthy country. They have to see the utility of living and doing business in such a place.

Doing those deals. Talking sense to those people. Disciplining them when necessary. Those are the most important things politicians do.

Just recently Jim Flaherty tried to influence bankers not to give low interest mortgage loans. He was rebuffed by the bankers and numerous "talking heads" on the right. But he sent a message to Canadians. Be cautious about long term low interest loans.

It is not easy to serve Canadians, even when your heart is in the right place. The world is what it is. Politics is not magic, except in places like Russia and China where killing a few million people after a bloody civil war is how you set the table for your policies.

The reality of politics in the NWO is based on educating the all powerful, not refusing to cooperate with them or trying to outmaneuver them. Politicians have tools, they are not automatons or MKUltra zombies, and their most effective tool is persuasion.

The corporate elite need persuasion, some regulation and some discipline in the form of enforcement of existing laws and sanctions.
edit on 15-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Don't underestimate the power this kid is going to easily wield for himself just from the simple fact of the last name he carries, if nothing else.

Point being he won the Liberal leadership with little political history and experience backing him, which tells me that's exactly what's going on...

There are still a ton of Trudeau worshippers across Canada... those fond memories for these people will now shift over to their hopes being placed onto the shoulders of his son.

Inexperienced or not, he's a fresh young face who carries a legendary name.

I predict the PC and NDP leaders are going to have one hell of a fight on their hands when the time comes.

For that reason, I hope this kid doesn't turn out to be a waste of space or we're all in trouble... again.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Well, going by your logic,

Harper = Another Bush

And it shows as Alberta is now as filthy as Texas.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Short answer? Steve's Canada is not the Canada I love. I voted for Justin Trudeau as party leader after a lot of thought. I feel he can lead us back into centre-left, where most of Canada's soul lies. I see nobody else on the political landscape who has a better opportunity. I think I can trust Trudeau to fix what Steve broke and, like he says: "lead, not rule".

Simple as that.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Canadian political parties really are having a hard time with leadership theses days...

I wouldn't say no to lead some of them but first we would need to invent a brain scanning device that could prove once and for all that I am the best mediator in Canada and that I would bring the peaceful and charitable image this once proud country used to have!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Certainly JT has been groomed
I wouldn't trust anything appearance wise that happens because as far as modern marketing goes, its all about creating a reality for others to play catch up on.
like -being at odds with party- read - apparant distancing JT from old guard scandals...simple eh?

Betcha after the conservatives do the Cyprus thing they just set us up for in their latest budget, and the conservatives get even less seats then they did after Mulruinee...they'll have to give the office to somebody...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Certainly JT has been groomed
I wouldn't trust anything appearance wise that happens because as far as modern marketing goes, its all about creating a reality for others to play catch up on.
Look at it this way...one thing the pundits are not talking about is the simple reason why the NDP gained so many seats the last time out. Many, like myself, were so sick of the Liberal's internal backstabbing and shenanigans that they could not in all conscience, reward them with our votes. Not voting is not an option...not for me. And I'd slit my wrists before supporting Steve, so that left Jack as the only realistic option. I'm sorry, I still feel that a vote for the Greens ends up helping Steve. I felt better joining the Orange Crush...but for well considered reasons.

Sure Trudeau has been groomed, but he is also a slap in the face for many of the old guard Liberal's in their 'smoke-filled back rooms'. I could have supported Murry with her 'just dump Steve' strategy, but that is essentially a negative vote. It's time for positive notions and optimism. Canadians are sick of cynical politics, and if Trudeau can deliver a clean, positive campaign then I won't feel my vote has been wasted.

It's time to vote for something...and I think Trudeau just might be able to deliver the goods.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hey JC
I don't have faith in the system ( JFK etc)
but having said that

I'd like to see Trudeau win just so I won't have to listen to any more liberale hating harperbots anymore...till the next flipus flopus

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Too many people are still drinking the PET cool-aid, if Justin had a different last name people would not give him the time of day. He is riding on daddy's coat tails and money, there is really no substance there but yet people are swallowing it all like he is a savior, ALL HAIL JT.

While getting paid by the taxpayer to be in the house, he thinks it's better to be out getting paid by gov funded(taxpayer) schools to give speaches, is he not getting paid to do that kind of thing already. He seems to be practising his fathers famous one-finger salute to the taxpayer early. What will happen if he gets into power? A done nothing drama teacher who double dips at the taxpayer's expense seems like a very poor choice.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I'm no Trudeau groupie but I am willing to give him a chance. He can't screw things up any more than Harper has. The good looks and charisma alone would go a long way to restoring our international reputation.
He certainly seems like the anti- Harper on paper.

The fact alone that he has come out against negative politics ad campaigns puts him in a class of his own.
The fact that he has taken polls on his website to hear form average everyday citizens on issues they care about, and is against the divisive, covert, back room, bullying nature of the Harper tories, makes me if nothing else curious.

One term of Trudeau could never be as bad as the reign of Harper and his crooked croonies. The way I see it, a fresh untainted perspective he may bring to the table could be a positive thing. Like "so far behind he's ahead".

He wants to get the parties back to solving issues not bickering amongst themselves, wasting tax dollars slinging mud back and forth. What a notion. If that's what lack of experience is then bring it on. Maybe just maybe he is less corrupt, less influenced by greed, corporate agenda, and entitlement. We shall see.

Its like the Tories are "What can we gett away with" and Justin is arguing for "what can we accomplish". This lack of experience may make him abetter listener. The best leaders bring out leadership in others. I'm not convinced Trudeau isn't the man for the job.

Harper's government has undone so much of what I thought what being Canadian was all about. The instant barrage of propaganda ads from the tories really points to concern on their part.

edit on 16-4-2013 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Beartracker16

Seems like the canadian version of obama to me so far. Scary thought.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Justin is just another Liberal face, making promises to the East, keep those fat-cats happy.
I trust him as much as I trust any other Liberal, loosing our tax money in useless "social programs"
Add that to his sketchy family history...nope.

I'd rather stick with Harper, as little as I trust him, at least he is giving some actual attention to the West.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join