It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas man commits suicide with gun at NRA Sprint Car race

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Oh brother....

(Reuters) - A Texas man used a gun to commit suicide in the infield of a National Rifle Association-sponsored NASCAR race at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth late on Saturday, local authorities said.

Kirk Franklin, 42, of nearby Saginaw died after shooting himself at 10:30 p.m. on Saturday during the NRA 500 Sprint Cup race, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner.
Source

Call me an ATS user with a big tin foil top hat, but this just stinks. How can this be seen as coincidence? I mean come on now.

I hate hearing about the tragedy of suicide by anyone ...given my beliefs, more than many might imagine, I hate hearing it. However, if someone MUST kill themselves? Privacy is a real nice thing, ya know? The NRA NASCAR Race? The N R A race?!

The man went there with a gun and no one is just suicidal on pure, 100% impulse than I've really heard of. So if he didn't outright intend and plan this, he sure knew he wasn't mentally far from it, IMO. That doesn't mean anyone else may have seen it ...but I can't believe the person doing it isn't aware in advance.

Am I just being cold or are others starting to see a near trend developing here? It's disturbing as much as it's getting infuriating.

edit on 14-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Shouldn't title read "Gun murders man" ?

Considering suicide by gun = Murder in the eyes of MSM.

And yeah, tinfoil not necessary--- it's straight up suspicious.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Let's not drag this thread in the usual direction as EVERY OTHER gun thread on ATS.

Unless why know why the man killed himself, there really isn't much to go by here.

Though I'm sure Wayne LaPierre is #ting his pants over this obvious PR disaster.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Convenient lack of information... fanatical fans at NASCAR events. Why would he be in the back seat? WTH?!?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Well, the thread is actually about the fact and irony if you will, that he chose the National Rifle Association sponsored race to shoot himself at during one of the single most controversial periods in US history for the status and handling of firearms. I'm 100% not kidding on that or trying to make some sick joke with black humor. Not one bit.

I can buy coincidence sometimes....but this actually was the subject of another story (the race) earlier which I passed over that noted the Media was avoiding mention of the fact this was NRA sponsored. So... It would seem the place he went may, not certain, but may have very well had relation to the method he died. (similar to the shooting range suicides.....I mean there is a point where you have to stop and ask, ya know?)

In a time where "false flag" is a term so over-used that it's almost silly at times, I really DO start to wonder when it's SO blatant for two seemingly unrelated things being overlapping to the point of almost coming beyond belief.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Everything is a false-flag to people on ATS. The term has no purpose in reality.

I was thinking that perhaps the man was someone who really cherished his second amendment rights and chose to die during the NRA 500 as a way to "honor" those rights.

But then again, it could be anything.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I found this to add some context to just how far out this was....and it's interesting. It's the same in Missouri but with different wording. Here is any gated/limited access venue as I understand it to be. Texas is very specific.

Where may I NOT carry my handgun?

Handguns and other weapons cannot be carried at schools or on school buses, at polling places, in courts and court offices, at racetracks, at secured airport areas or within 1,000 feet of the premises of an execution on the day of execution.
Source (emphasis mine)

If anyone from Texas who carries or has more familiarity can elaborate on how far outside legal even being there with a weapon was, I'd be interested?
edit on 14-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Highlight on relevant portion

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
...Am I just being cold or are others starting to see a near trend developing here? It's disturbing as much as it's getting infuriating.

edit on 14-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

No, you're not being cold. Stinks.

Can anybody say Manchurian Candidate?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I see absolutely nothing suspicious with this. Y'all are being paranoid.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I found this to add some context to just how far out this was....and it's interesting. It's the same in Missouri but with different wording. Here is any gated/limited access venue as I understand it to be. Texas is very specific.

Where may I NOT carry my handgun?

Handguns and other weapons cannot be carried at schools or on school buses, at polling places, in courts and court offices, at racetracks, at secured airport areas or within 1,000 feet of the premises of an execution on the day of execution.
Source (emphasis mine)

That's a restriction on your 2nd amendment rights, right there. No guns at those places? How dare they. Who do they think they are, telling you where and when you can't carry your gun? Tyrants. Absolutely tyranny. They're basically saying they don't give a damn about the second amendment, and are throwing the constitution in the trash. It's a god given right to carry a gun. Anywhere. Any time. There is nowhere in the constitution that says you can't carry a firearm into a race track.

I mean, what if some criminal steals a gun and takes it there, he's not going to care about the rules. He's going to carry his gun. And what if he starts to shoot people?

It wouldn't happen if there were law abiding trained militia with legal firearms there, ready to put down the hot dog and protect society.

Yeah this stinks. Obviously this is a government patsy sent in to make the NRA look evil.

It's in retalliation to the other guys sending that school kid in with an exacto knife. He was sent in to kill students so that it proves that you don't need a gun to kill people. He killed dozens and dozens of students with a knife.

Now they're sending in men to shoot themselves.

It's an agenda I tell you. No law abiding person who owns a gun legally, would ever do anything to put firearms in a bad light.

No way, I'm not buying it.

Something fishy is definitely stinking up the place.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Did he kill himself with an assault rifle with a high capacity magazine, ap ammo, acog and modded to full auto?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
In Texas 'race track' - horse and dog racing.

“Racetrack” has the meaning assigned that term by the Texas Racing Act (Article 179e, Vernon's Texas Civil Statutes).

Article 179e, Vernon's Texas Civil Statutes

Sec. 1.01. This Act may be cited as the Texas Racing Act.

Purpose

Sec. 1.02. The purpose of this Act is to provide for the strict regulation of horse racing and greyhound racing and the control of pari-mutuel wagering in connection with that racing.

www.txdps.state.tx.us...
edit on 4/14/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/14/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
isn't it just possible that he was terminally ill ?
or perhaps his suicide wasn't really a suicide ?
(i mean really, how do you kill yourself "in or around a pickup truck" ??)
www.usatoday.com...

Track spokesman Mike Zizzo say the death occurred "in or around a pickup truck" in part of the infield near the middle of the backstretch.
or maybe he just bet on the wrong Busch ?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
S+F bunny....

Not normal. Definite conspiracy!!!!

WTH? Why would anyone go to a race sponsored by the NRA and commit suicide using a gun if it wasn't a statement?

This poop has Obama printed all over it and it pisses me off!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Did find this

Guests are not allowed to bring these items into Texas Motor Speedway - weapons or firearms, fireworks, illegal substances and items restricted by local, state and federal laws.

www.texasmotorspeedway.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I agree, OP. This is just too good to be true for the anti-gun lobby.

Sadly this is the type of situation where the backstory will likely never be known.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I see absolutely nothing suspicious with this. Y'all are being paranoid.

Because people shoot themselves at crowded NRA events all the time, right? Or how about any event like the Super Bowl suicide that never happened. This was an NRA sponsored NASCAR race. I'm sure the guy who shot himself had no agenda, or in the case of the conspiracy, their agenda.

These times we live in, they are strange. I do look forward to hearing more about his suicide.
edit on 14-4-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

It appears that this is still a breaking story of sorts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join