It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas man commits suicide with gun at NRA Sprint Car race

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
That's because he was watching NASCAR and died of boredom. Had he have been at the F1 race, then he would still be alive....

Sorry for the Racer pun! My car homies will get it

Anyways, the NRA is a sure suspicious setup up for 'getting guns out of Texas'....

We arent going to buy that sh**, sorry.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's rather rich how every time some unbalanced person kills him/herself and/or others with a gun, the rabid gun rights defenders suggest it is part of some big gub'mint conspiracy to take away their guns.

Similarly, how do we know that every time there is a DUI death, that it isn't some false flag operation by the government aimed at curtailing our drink'n n' drivin' rights or just plain drink'n rights, huh? HUH?

ATS's motto is "Deny Ignorance". It should be switched to "Deny Paranoia".

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Just a gun doing what it was designed to do imho

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

It's rather rich how every time some unbalanced person kills him/herself and/or others with a gun, the rabid gun rights defenders suggest it is part of some big gub'mint conspiracy to take away their guns.

Well now, your note to attack might hold water of some sort if I'd specifically said I thought someone put him up to it. In fact, I said the complete opposite in saying no one else likely could have seen this in him.

So if he didn't outright intend and plan this, he sure knew he wasn't mentally far from it, IMO. That doesn't mean anyone else may have seen it ...but I can't believe the person doing it isn't aware in advance.
(From OP)

I simply think HE knew where he was, what it was and the fact the gun he brought there was the object of major national controversy like never before in our nation ....with a very direct relation to where he was for an event as he was shooting himself with it.

I always appreciate your opinion though. We all have a right to one.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by Swills

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

It appears that this is still a breaking story of sorts.

Don't you be so quick to jump to conclusions that I'm jumping to conclusions. All I'm saying is that to think there is nothing suspicious about this suicide by gun at a huge NRA NASCAR event is silly, let alone calling people paranoid.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

@Wrabbit2000,

Fair enough. I buy what you're saying, if you are saying that this person may have been trying to make a statement by his choice of suicide site, if it indeed was a suicide. I have to agree that the location chosen does seem to be sending a message, but it could be otherwise.

My original post in this thread wasn't aimed at your OP, but to a lot of the other comments here suggesting that this incident sounds suspicious/fishy/false-flaggish etc.

However, you say this incident "stinks", and that you see a trend developing. I took this to mean that you think some kind of anti-government conspiracy is going on, but if that was not your intent, I'll take you at your word.

But now looking at another one of your posts, you are bringing up the possibility of a false flag operation, so that to me sounds like you are suggesting that he was killed, and that it was made to look like a suicide. I may be misinterpreting what you're saying, but that's what I read from your second post in the thread.

And rereading some other comments, some people seem to be interpreting this as an actual suicide, but saying it "has Obama written all over it". How so, folks? Because there was recently a mass shooting at a school and so the President and his party is pushing for the reinstatement of some lapsed gun control laws as well as better background checks, and so in solidarity gun-control zealots are committing suicide in very pointed places such as NRA-sponsored car races? That's really a stretch.

A much more legitimate argument is that the epidemic of attempted and successful suicides by Afghan and Iraq War veterans has George W Bush, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld written all over them, as they were the ones that took us into two unnecessary wars and forced troops to take multiple (as in 5 or 7 or more) combat tours, particularly given that said administration committed us to two wars at once. These soldiers were driven by their president to severe PTSD, and said president's provisioning of psychiatric counseling -- both in the active forces and via the VA -- has been documented to have been severely lacking; thus, it can be very legitimately argued that the Bush II's administration is written all over many of these suicides. Individuals taking upon themselves hari kari/sepuko as part of "Obama's" gun control crusade? Not so much.

edit on 15-4-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

@Swills, just curious: by suspicious are you suggesting that this person chose this place to commit suicide to send a message, or that there is some false-flag conspiracy by the government or gun-control advocates that involved killing this person there at the raceway and making it look like a suicide?

I ask because all these posts by people saying this incident is suspicious begs the question of what they are suspecting. Are people suggesting the the continuing cavalcade of gun deaths is some kind of organized movement by gun-control advocates who take their own lives and/or the lives of others with guns in order to press their political agenda? If so, that is the one of the most far-fetched theories I have ever heard.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I can buy coincidence sometimes....but this actually was the subject of another story (the race) earlier which I passed over that noted the Media was avoiding mention of the fact this was NRA sponsored. So... It would seem the place he went may, not certain, but may have very well had relation to the method he died. (similar to the shooting range suicides.....I mean there is a point where you have to stop and ask, ya know?)

In a time where "false flag" is a term so over-used that it's almost silly at times, I really DO start to wonder when it's SO blatant for two seemingly unrelated things being overlapping to the point of almost coming beyond belief.
Personally, I think you're trying way too hard, looking for something that is not there.

If there was some sort of significant hidden agenda behind this man's actions, he would not have made himself the first and only victim. Surely he had more than one bullet.

reply to post by billy565

Originally posted by billy565

WTH? Why would anyone go to a race sponsored by the NRA and commit suicide using a gun if it wasn't a statement?
Why not?

Do you think he should have done it at home, so that his family would have to clean up the mess?

[align=center][color=FF8F5E]10:30 P.M. Saturday Evening
+ Campgrounds
+ Nascar
= Drunken Rednecks
[/align]

[color=E39A7B]Then after adding a gun to the equation, it becomes more likely that bad decisions will be made.

edit on 4/15/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Someone shooting themselves with a gun at an event where a huge amount of people are gun owners is not all that surprising to me.

I mean that is what guns are for..to destroy whatever its fired at.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

He was a liberal idiot trying to make a point. Any gun loving person who loves the 2nd would not do that, there, knowing the implications.

Gs

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Maybe he was hypnotized by watching the cars race around in circles over and over and over for hours and hours. That combined with loudspeakers piping in non-stop Country music, abundant amounts of beer, and seeing thousands of redneck butt cracks would be enough to make me want to find a "way out". Nascar could be an MKUltra program to thin out the Southern Christian Gun owning Conservative herd- if you saw how it hypnotizes my hubby and his friends you could believe it!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Yeah pretty much cuz you know people are always shooting themselves at crowded NRA events. Happens all the time. So at the very least I'd say the guy who killed himself was probably sending a message, or so he thought. This is why I look forward to hearing more about this, ie suicide note, what family/friends have to say, etc.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

It is the same thing as the majority of murderers who have used weapons in this past decade or more have been Democrats. I have been thinking that many of these people are actually thinking, or are being pushed to think that "they are doing it for the good of the collective".

If, this isn't just a coincidence, which I don't believe in coincidences, then these people would not be letting anyone know exactly why they are using firearms to commit these crimes.

I remember something for example about the murderer, Jared Lee Loughner, who shot Democrat Senator Gabrielle Giffords and many other people including children, all the evidence seemed to indicate that he was mad at her for not doing enough.

The media tried to claim that he was rightwing, and have been trying to make it look that way, until a former classmate of Loughner, Caitie Parker said that she knew him as very leftwing, and radical.

Views on politics

Records show that Loughner was registered as an Independent and voted in 2006 and 2008, but not in 2010.[39][40] A YouTube channel under an account called "Classitup10" was linked to Loughner. (There have been numerous copies of 'impostor accounts' such as 'JaredLoughner' and 'Classitup1O'.)[41][42]

Loughner's high school friend Zach Osler said, "He did not watch TV; he disliked the news; he didn't listen to political radio; he didn't take sides; he wasn't on the Left; he wasn't on the Right."[17] But a former classmate, Caitie Parker, who attended high school and college with Loughner, described his political views prior to 2007 as "left wing, quite liberal,"[43] "radical."[44]

In the aftermath of the shooting, the Anti-Defamation League reviewed messages by Loughner, and concluded that there was a "disjointed theme that runs through Loughner's writings", which was a "distrust for and dislike of the government." It "manifested itself in various ways" – for instance, in the belief that the government used the control of language and grammar to brainwash people, the notion that the government was creating "infinite currency" without the backing of gold and silver, or the assertion that NASA was faking spaceflights.[45]

[edit] Dislike for Gabrielle Giffords

According to a former friend, Bryce Tierney, Loughner had expressed a longstanding dislike for Gabrielle Giffords. Tierney recalled that Loughner had often said that women should not hold positions of power.[46][47] He repeatedly derided Giffords as a "fake". This belief intensified after he attended her August 25, 2007 event when she did not, in his view, sufficiently answer his question: "What is government if words have no meaning?"[19] Loughner kept Giffords' form letter, which thanked him for attending the 2007 event, in the same box as an envelope which was scrawled with phrases like "die bitch" and "assassination plans have been made".[48] Zane Gutierrez, a friend, later told the New York Times that Loughner's anger would also "well up at the sight of President George W. Bush, or in discussing what he considered to be the nefarious designs of government."[47]

en.wikipedia.org...

Before he decided to commit the murder of the Senator he had talked to her, and asked her questions, apparently he didn't like the answers. IMO, the fact that he was asking her questions, plus other hints about his conduct, how he hated Bush with a passion, etc, show that he was still very leftwing, despite the claims from the media of the contrary.

BTW, I am not saying JUST because he hated Bush, but taking this in consideration with the other facts show he was still leftwing.

He was not the only one. The majority of the murderers who have been using firearms lately, including the Fort Hood shooter, Nidal Malik Hassan, was a Muslim and a registered Democrat.

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, they were too young to vote but their families were registered Democrats and open liberals.

The theater assassin in Aurora, James Holmes, who strangely bought the weapons but two months before committing the crimes... It seems obvious he bought the weapons just for the crimes, not because he was a supporter of the Second Amendment, not to mention that he was a registered Democrat and was a local staff worker for the Obama campaign.

The same thing with that crazy murderer, Adam Lanza, who killed those poor 20 kids and 6 adults at Sandy Hook Elementary was also a registered Democrat.

Now this man, decides to end his life with a gun in an NRA Sprint car race?... This is not coincidence.

Either these people really think they are doing a service to society by using guns to commit these crimes, or they have been led to do these crimes by some obscure government agency for the final goal of implementing gun control on the Republic of the United States.

edit on 15-4-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Is the media and government pushing for drunk driving control?

Wait, do you even see DUI accidents on the news as much as gun violence anymore?

*shrug*

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I only have one thought about this story....

Since 9/11 sporting events of all types have increased security. Sporting venues, concert venues and the like are all well aware of the potential of a terrorist attack at such places where people are gathered. So I am a bit surprised that any person would be able to get a firearm past security at any type of venue.

That being said I am a bit confused by the article and maybe some of our members could explain this to me. The article says the body was found in the back seat of a truck. To me that would suggest that he shot himself in the parking lot of the venue, which would make some sense. No one is searching cars or trucks at these events- only people as they enter the venue. However, the article also states that he shot himself on the infield. Now, isn't the infield of a racing event literally the middle of the track? If so, how did he get to that area without being seen? Access to that area would be restricted. How did the truck get to the infield? You can not simply drive your personal vehicle there.

Unless the source has been edited since this thread was posting, there really is not enough information to make any kind of assumption or speculation.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Now, isn't the infield of a racing event literally the middle of the track? If so, how did he get to that area without being seen? Access to that area would be restricted. How did the truck get to the infield? You can not simply drive your personal vehicle there.

Camping space on the infield is sold.

Get in the middle of the action by camping in the infield reserved area during a race weekend! The extensive infield camping area offers several types of reserved spaces — Wall, Interior, and paved Paddock. Reserved Infield RV spaces are approximately 20’ x 40’. All infield camping also requires that each person have an Infield Ticket, which can be purchased at the gate

www.texasmotorspeedway.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
So far all police got is this: alcohol & an arguement is what may have made him killed himself.

www.mediaite.com...

According to police, alcohol may have been involved in the shooting, and the altercation that preceded it

So he gets into an altercation & then kills himself? Yeah nothing weird about this story.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The man might have been drunk and accidentally shot himself. People do stupid things. Would be nice to have some info from other people in the area.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here ar ea couple of reasons why he probably done this there:

1- Dale Jr is sinking in the points standings.
2- Jeff Gordon had a bad race.
3- Danica said No...You're not my type, look at Ricky Stenhouse...That's how I like my men, short..no taller than me!
3- He was drunk !
4- he caught his wife with a a Kasey Khane T-shirt.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
How convenient for this to happen at the NRA sponsored Race that was protested to be stopped due to the NRA being a sponsor.. This is just so effen convenient for the anti gun ppl

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join