It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk LEOs Waving Their Pistols

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

something tells me that is a summary of the OPs video ?
if so, thanks, but i was hoping for the update posted by xcathdra.

and Sons of Anarchy ??
sorry, never saw it, but i do follow the premise you present, thanks.

i'm more bothered that they drove out of their own jurisdiction intending to drink while armed ... from what i understand, that's about the biggest no-no there is (short of warning shots)

and i'm curious what, if any, backlash is developing.
sure, i'm glad no one was killed but that doesn't detract from the potential damage merely brushing this under the carpet could do.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I can't get that updated video to load either, but I am assuming it is just the video I linked in the OP.

Like winofiend said above, the scary part is that there was no on scene investigation done.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
For some reason the thread title made me immediately think of Superbad...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Xcathdra

ugh, it's a video, cannot view them ... any chance there is a narrative or maybe you'd summarize ? thanks in advance.

It's just coverage on the incident. Talks about the story, police arrived and witnesses felt the suspects were let off the hook. It was the opinion of the person interviewed that if it had been two people who were not officers, they would have been arrested and investigated after. In this case, during the investigation, apparently this didn't happen.

Also, they were not from Fayetville, and their respective agencies have been notified.

One girl at the scene says she felt her life was in danger and "worried about getting home to her kids alive."

-

In this case I'd just say theres been a double standard. If it were the bikers who pulled guns a tactical team would have probably come down to layeth the ass kick on them.

In this case, the off duty cops were both sporting bruises and torn clothing, so it looks like they got their asses kicked by the bikers, then proceeded to wave their guns around.

The bikers were not charged with assault (judging from the article) so it appears as this should have just been some fistacuffs where no guns should have been drawn. And, being that the story seems to imply the off duty cops were instigating, personally, I think all police action should be left out of it.

If they acted like that while on duty of course, it would be a major problem.

And... The two off duty cops should probably suffer the consequences, any normal person with a conceal and carry would face for their actions that night.

I personally believe men can settle their differences with a punch here and there. Most of older crowd I was raised by was firm believers in this. Without any judicial action. Just men sorting out their differences, as it adds character. Eventually you get a little older and words should be just as effective.

However, if there are two people of the sort, in my mind it's fine if they want to sort it out that way. If one party does, and the other doesn't, the police and courts should be involved. If one person escalates it by using or brandishing weapons, it crosses a very, very thin and unmovable line.

This is the problem now-a-days with gangs and the like. People can't throw down without a knife or gun coming out. And even if someone wins, it seems like they can't even accept the win, they gotta be a "big" man and start stepping on the guys head when he already yielded or went unconscious.

Sickening.

edit on 14-4-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
thanks guys, however, i did read the story linked in the OP.
i was curious about what, if anything, the "update" included.

yes, i'm appalled this happened at all, let alone how it's being reported.
and i agree that these two should be barred from owning/wielding a firearm of any kind, ever again ... if that means they lose their 'careers', tough.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
And anyone wonders why the anthem of eff the police is a growing mantra?

I'm sure these guys are real douchenozzles irl just like a lot of these barfly cops in the metroplex.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I have alot of friends that are in the police force and they would be disgusted by this kind of behaviour. Cops are human too and yes there are people who disgrace the badge and set themselves above the law and act in this kind of manner but that does not reflect all cops.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I think the more intresting question to this whole debacle, the off duty LEO starts the fight, his buddy pulls a pistol, and another biker pulls his gun and shoots first. Assuming the cop who pulled the gun wasn't also waving a badge, in which case the biker would be reacting to a third party wielding a pistol, who potentially has the intent to shoot and kill. By all accounts this scuffle was started by off duty police officers, if it ended with the death of the cop, by a licsenced weapon carrying civilian, what would the would the public outcry be then? Granted no one should be in a bar with gun. (EXCEPT OFF DUTY COPS APPARENTLY) who would be in the right? Even one step further, Biker shoots and kills first offduty LEO who pulls a gun, the other off duty cops pull there guns and blow him away and in the process a bystander is hit, but the other two cops are killed also in the process, are these men cop killers? or are they heroes for potentially stopping 3 crazed drunk men with guns?

If the people meant to carry out the laws are not held accountable for actions that contridict the law they are meant to upheld, how can any of us be held accountable?

I know if it was the other way, if the biker pulled a gun, these "cops" would be considered heroes just doing their job. I think if the bikers did pull a liscensed gun and shoot the cop down, without the knowledge of him being a cop he would be proesecuted to the fullest extent of the law the "cop" would recieve honors and still be painted as the hero, the victim, when in reality he started the fight, the LEO pulled guns first, the victims are the people these men are trying to "protect and serve" as children, we taught to trust police officers they are there to protect you, but anyone who has ever had an encounter with the police, know one or two out of a hundred are really decent people. The rest are just criminals with a badge.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheepherder91

Oh, without a doubt. You KNOW that if one of those bikers had shot one of those pigs, EVEN THOUGH they clearly did not identify themselves as police and were basically terrorizing the place, the biker would have got the label cop killer. Heck, the biker probably would have been gunned down at the scene by the cops who were doing their jobs. All justified of course.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I used to work in a bar as a cook. I watched the state police come in many times usually four of them. They would sit there order a bunch of wings and drink a bunch of booze, and stumble right on out the door to drive home drunk!

It used to really piss me off, knowing that they were driving home drunk, while busting every "commoner" they could get their hands on for the same crime they got away with......

They are lucky they didn't pull the stunt that the pigs in this video pulled or they would have had a cook pointing a gun at their heads asking them if they were prepared to die!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I was one of about four soldiers to draw down on a State Police Officer once. Afterwards we had a good laugh about the whole thing, but at the time it wasn't so funny.

Alcohol and fire arms do not mix.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I try to keep an open mind about LEOs, and i really try not to stereotype all of them based on the actions of obviously idiotic officers. That said, i will wait and see what comes of this. These off-duty, out of jurisdiction officers are plainly in the wrong here and no one can argue that.

The true test will be to see how law enforcement handles this situation.

If they are let off the hook, or are given anything less than what a normal citizen is given as a punishment for these actions, then the WHOLE police system is messed up and broken. A broken system breeds bad cops.

You can argue good cops, but when the system is this bad, that argument becomes invalid.

DC

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join