It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk LEOs Waving Their Pistols

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Hey ATS.
I would like to open by saying that this is a local story to me and that I know people involved and even named in the story I will link below.

What say the Police State apologists to this one, pray tell??

In the above video you witness one off duty LEO start an altercation in a sports bar and his buddy come to his aid. Brandishing weapons. What's more? When it was all said and done, these guys went home. No arrest. Nothing.

Even considering one of them was too drunk to walk.

m.4029tv.com...

-

call around 11:58 pm Friday night about two men causing a disturbance at Billy’s pool hall. The manager Adam Morano told 40/29 news when police arrived it seemed as if the two men were let off the hook.

“It was very disturbing at least to me because I realized neither of the two, the one that started the melee or the one who pulled the gun first neither one was in handcuffs. They we’re allowed to wonder and talk on their cell phones,” said Morano.

There’s a surveillance video that show’s bikers and the two off duty officers fighting. Witnesses say they didn’t know the two men we’re officers. In the video you’ll see one of the officers holding a gun in the air and waving it around. One witness Ronna McAlister told 40/29 news she feared for her life.

Thoughts?

Personally I find this to be a clear indication of the above the law mentality of an ever increasing MAJORITY of our Nation's police force...

Edit to add the full YouTube link. Apparently it isn't working on my phone... the embed, that is.

m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=sYGZ-HjfAlA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DsYGZ-HjfAlA
edit on 13-4-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Let me give it a shot

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Muchos Gracias.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Ask yourself this one question.

If it had been 2 Bikers that pulled Guns, do you think the same outcome would have happened?

Everyone going home with no further incident.

I think not, LEO,s believe they are Above the Law, and thats Scary.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I would also add that people on Facebook whom I am acquaintences with, spoke about this as if they were confident these cops were prepared and ready to shoot in this bar.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Exactly. I mean, that's the entire point, isn't it?

Everyone who gets drunk on the reg does dumb crap from time to time.

But here is the thing, you don't conceal and carry into a bar. Especially with the intent of getting drunk!

These cops did both! And when they got too drunk, they threatened the LIVES of the patrons there and were LET GO!!

If that had been me I would be headed to federal prison. No doubt about it!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
In trying to more critically assess this incident, exactly what time in the video is a firearm first drawn?

1:01 as far as I can tell? Thing seem iffy between 00:53 - 1:01, but after that the situation seems pretty clear, that someone there suffered from a lack of judgement potentially escalating a conflict just after it seemed to be diffused. Had the officer made a more visible attempt to retreat from the situation, even though he drew his weapon, it wouldn't have been so bad.

Looking at the entrance camera, I can't identify any actions that resemble methodical professionalism... I see big guys with guns flagging each other and trying to encourage that one in black to leave with 'em. They're cops?

One thing is clear.
Alcohol impairs judgement.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

What you see, from what I gathered today and watching the video, is that the guy that makes the initial assault is one of the cops...

His buddy, as you rightly pointed out at about the 1:00 mark came to his aid and pulled the first pistol.

And yeah, they are cops. Off duty. I read today on Facebook that the guy who pulled the pistol first was so drunk he couldn't even perform tasks asked of him from on duty cops, such as "go stand over there" without falling down.

It is a MIRACLE nobody got shot.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Wow. An officer, drunk, in a bar while armed? And then pulling out the weapon? While drunk?

Most towns will immediately dismiss an officer that does this, I'm real surprised they tried to cover it up. And if these bozos were out of their jurisdiction, then what they are doing is impersonating an officer as well, their "police-i-ness" doesn't hold outside it, they're Joe Citizen.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

That's ANOTHER kicker. They ARE out of jurisdiction!

They are cops from Little Rock. This happened in Fayetteville. A full 3.5 hours away.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well then, here's to hoping justice finds its way.
They were in the wrong in every factor involved, heh!
The one with the keys and not the gun - maybe he keeps his job?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Here's to hoping.
These scumbags need to find themselves in jail.

I doubt that will happen though. In cases like this, it seems cops are usually put on paid leave and then sent to counseling.

I post it to point out that you or I would be headed to jail...100% of the time.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I will bet 10 to 1 that these hot shot a-holes started the fight knowing they were armed and "above the law"

Gs

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

Yes, they did, in fact, start the fight.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep
I will bet 10 to 1 that these hot shot a-holes started the fight knowing they were armed and "above the law"

Gs
The point you made is important in this situation.

Officers of all people should know that the psychology of a person changes when they are armed. This has to be kept in mind so one does not act in such a way that they otherwise wouldn't. Case in point...

This also reminds me of that video of the guy who started a road-rage fight, got his butt kicked, then had his girl hand him a small pistol. Had that weapon not been there in the first place, he wouldn't have started that fight.

But had they (in both instances, the bar, the road rage) been more self aware of their morphed thought process, better decisions could have been made. Hope that makes sense.

We need enhanced people control. Time to ban poorly thought out actions.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
My thoughts are that they should not only lose their badges and pensions but the right to ever own or possess a firearm again. PERIOD.

As a CCW carrier myself, I'm damn sure not allowed into a bar or the drinking area of a food establishment with my weapon. It's one of the black and white restrictions as opposed to the "posted sign" businesses who can only request I leave and only if I refuse am I in violation of the law. I don't even have to order a drink to be guilty of a violation in a bar though and for very good reason. Guns and Booze don't mix. Not on a range, not in a campsite and NEVER in a BAR of all places.

Now these cowboys not only carried into a bar, got drunk but then engaged in a fight (which negates self defense claims or standing under most CCW laws as well, for what it matters...the situation *CANNOT* be of your own making, in any way, at least here)

I say they get the same treatment that I or any other citizen who did this would get. No gun for you! ...which means being a cop is kinda shot too. No pun intended.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Here is an update from your source.

Ou t-of-town off-duty officers draw guns at Fayetteville pool hall
edit on 14-4-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

ugh, it's a video, cannot view them ... any chance there is a narrative or maybe you'd summarize ? thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Xcathdra

ugh, it's a video, cannot view them ... any chance there is a narrative or maybe you'd summarize ? thanks in advance.

Imagine a short episode of Sons of Anarchy without sound.

Except, the skinny cops are all fat, and the bikers aren't the ones with the guns drawn.

Haha this is why I don't frequent pubs or clubs that Bikers do any more. Who needs the stress. I'd honestly hate to live in a place where this could happen without a full on police investigation at the scene, at the time. Some dopey git pulls a gun in a club here in Aus, and they go to jail.

Then again, bikers, italian mobs and middle eastern gangs all blend in together around here. Maybe thats more of a reason why I stay in doors these days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join