It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ammo Shortage, I Didn't Believe It, So I Checked...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by DarthMuerte

No...I didn't offer any bribes to get first dibs on incoming ammo.....

Des
Then you didn't really want it, did you?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Well it appears that there is actually more ammo being produced than ever and being bought up just as quick as it can be.

This means that there is more ammunition in private hands than at any other time in our nations history. I'd say that the push for gun-control is having a completely opposite effect as the nation is becoming armed to the teeth.

Now, ask yourself why. Hint, it isn't because all gun owners are racists.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well it appears that there is actually more ammo being produced than ever and being bought up just as quick as it can be.

This means that there is more ammunition in private hands than at any other time in our nations history. I'd say that the push for gun-control is having a completely opposite effect as the nation is becoming armed to the teeth.

While this is true to a point, its not all of it...

I know a local ammo manufacturer here in my area, who has had contracts with military and law enforcement and indeed for the public......

And tho he says his public orders have increase.........the big buyers putting out orders are the gov, which he has now started to refuse ......and the heat is definitely coming down on him for it....

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Hope...I can always count on you to present the opposite view...

It also appears you aren't in the market for purchasing ammo. I am. So your statistics have no real bearing on my purchasing habits.

But, the bare shelves do....big difference between statistics and real life.

Des

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have been reading a lot lately about this Fukushima disaster and i keep thinking, maybe its the 2012 issue. It just seems like its not going to go away and we as a species have really made some mistakes with this.

Im just trying to figure out what they need all this ammo for, how can they just go about doing this without the American people holding them accountable?

Can they just do whatever they want now and our generations are so weak we aren't going to do anything, at least find out the truth?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Not only this but I am glad to point out that there are ALOT of first time buyers out there starting their stockpiles as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the personal info OP! That helps show it, doesn't it?

Trying to control ammo or thinking they can manipulate the market by government contract hoarding ....on top of all the civilian hoarding already happening? Well, it's like standing in front of a Government building that has burned to the ground for some reason and arguing the money to upgrade sprinklers in THAT building should be left in the budget because ..well..it sounds so wrong to remove it.

Errr.... I think it's safe to say that those who own firearms have enough ammo to feed them for generations at this point ...before we even mention the reloaders who have the components to make more for generations beyond that.

Now...if only I didn't feel my own ammo was so precious after scenes like this to even target shoot.
Takes all the fun out of a day at the range when one considers the possible long term value of each round being 'wasted'. ...it also plays havoc with maintaining proficiency.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Errr.... I think it's safe to say that those who own firearms have enough ammo to feed them for generations at this point ...before we even mention the reloaders who have the components to make more for generations beyond that.

which is def a good thing to know how to do......but there have also been moves on components, brass , primers, stuff like that too.......

They are trying to cover their bases

Its not very settling ill tell you that

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah. I need to re zero and practice but am deathly afraid of shooting up my load

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

...it also plays havoc with maintaining proficiency.

Thank you for noting the bigger picture here.

I am within earshot of a very popular outdoor range, the silence has been deafening at times.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I have been buying all I can to use as barter. Hell I just traded a guy I work with some ammo for a welder b/c he could not get his hands on any he needed.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Part of the problem with the ammo shortage is people waiting for the shipments to come in and then buying it all up only to turn around and mark it up 50-100% and list it on one of the many shooting forums or craigslist for sale.
It's easy money. Why shouldn't we be buying and reselling it? There is no law against it; YET.

New law in CT about to go live is AMMO ALSO must be purchased by only those with zee proper papers.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

New law in CT about to go live is AMMO ALSO must be purchased by only those with zee proper papers.
All the more reason to stock up now. I buy all I can get. Keep ~25% of that each time. Then I sell the rest for more than I payed + the $20 bird dog fees I shell out.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
As far as ammo goes, the best way has always been to buy every payday or monthly..........for years.
I can get ammo anytime I want. But I live close enough To Mackeys Gun Shop. One of the biggest shops in the region! Walmart has been a disappointment since the beginning of its conception....

Now what I cannot understand is why when you want to buy a new gun safe, you can't find any? Lowe's will show the models of the Liberty Safes (Made in USA) but unable to add to cart ? Unless of course the are the very BIG and Very $$$$? That's just messed up.

Go to the Liberty Safe Website and it says...."Sorry do to high demand........" bla bla bla......what the?
Darn......

At least we also have crossbows...Those are silent

weapons can be made for up close and personal but you have at least some self defense training. Even now, my body can still fight, but I may be quicker to tire....

edit on 13-4-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

These pictures are exactly what I saw today at my Wal-Mart. I happened to be there shortly after the truck was supposed to arrive, and the shelves were bare. Wal-Mart is useless for ammo right now. the shooting range where I live has implemented a rule where you can only buy it to shoot it. You can work around that somewhat if you only shoot off a few rounds, but it sure sucks for keeping your supply where you like it to be. Thankfully, our tax money arrived right around the time a gun show came to town, and we were able to get a little bit of reasonably priced ammo for each of our guns there. The ammo booths were the most packed of all.

Like someone else mentioned, this is detrimental to keeping in practice, because we don't want to waste our rounds practicing at the range.
I conceal carry a .40, so the ammo for that is already expensive. But I haven't been carrying because I haven't had much practice recently. I hate that the supply/demand is so out of whack.

I love target shooting just for fun (in addition to maintaining my abilities) and I can't even get any .22 rounds for that. At least, not at a price I'm willing to pay.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Was at Mills Fleet Farm yesterday and in the ammo section they had signs up on the shelves limiting daily purchases of ammo due to demand, hoarding, and re-selling. They didn't have the ammo I needed...just bird shot.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
People may want to start buying crossbows and sling shots now before those start disappearing too lol

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I can't resist....

This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo. On the way home I stopped at the gas station and this drop dead gorgeous blonde was filling up her car at the next pump. She looked at the ammo in the back of my car and said in a very sexy voice, "I'm a big believer in barter, big boy. Would you be interested in a trade of sex for ammo?"

I thought it over for a few seconds and responded.....

"Well, just what kind of ammo do you have?"

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I was going to buy some 357 magnum shells but they are 28 bucks a box of 50 now. Boy have they gone up. There was a list with 37 people on it to get 22 shells. Most of the pistol shells were sold out at the store. I gotta check the grain size that my desert eagle needs before buying any shells, it's a finicky gun but is really reliable when it has good shells.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I was at a major sporting goods store today (to buy shoes) and walked over to the firearms and ammunition area. There was lots of shotgun and odd and common hunting calibre ammo but no .223/5.56 or .308/7.62 ammo and some cowboy cartridges (.45 L) with a sign that said "all handgun ammo is behind the counter - take a number".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join