It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddity on Google Mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
70°39'27.99" S 48°15'23.56" E

I have come across this on Google mars (yes, i know), I would usually rubbish anything found on there yet this interests me. It could be a mapping glitch but then why is there a black trail behind the blue object/glitch? Is this just a regular occurrence in the landscape that i'm not aware of? Could it be a comet/meteorite?

edit on 13-4-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Is this the same feature, or just a similar feature:

www.google-earth.es...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It looks interesting but the 1 problem i have is it's google mars,these images have been put together by somebody,i just can't imagine they would miss something like this,probably something to do with 1 of the landers or just another google earth,moon,mars glitch.

still interesting though

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Can you give the coordinates so others can take a look? Thanks. Looks like a large lapis lazuli, so I'll take one please.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Interesting find!

It almost looks as though something is on fire and the smoke is drifting towards the edge of the crater.

That's what it looks like to me.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
70°39'27.99" S 48°15'23.56" E

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

See more of this crater here.

Crater seems to have a layer of ice mixed with darker dust. Probably in the summer time some of the dust is blown away with the wind.

MOC: E0800995

E0800995.png
edit on 13-4-2013 by MysticEngineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sorry about the mix up guys. The dentist mislaid my tooth xray and it got in the google images somehow. We will get it straightened out shortly.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhynouk
It looks interesting but the 1 problem i have is it's google mars,these images have been put together by somebody,i just can't imagine they would miss something like this,probably something to do with 1 of the landers or just another google earth,moon,mars glitch.

still interesting though

Anything that require repetitive work is done by software. If I was required to do the job I would code something to do the work for me... and I am not that good at programming

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Is this the same feature, or just a similar feature:

www.google-earth.es...

Lol why am i always the only one....

This looks like a UFO for sure..... metallic, round, shining, reflecting, and there is a path it came from as it crashed, and its even half under the sand

some of the movements in the sand on top of it suggest this picture was taking as it was crashing
edit on 13-4-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Sure, or you can go here for the real explanation, but basically it's a filled crater with collapsed side.

PSP_010086_2615

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticEngineer
...Sure, or you can go here for the real explanation, but basically it's a filled crater with collapsed side.
...PSP_010086_2615

Attempted to read the "real" explanation, but could not get the page to "load"...(hung for a good while).
I'll give you "filled" crater...realizing your idea of "filled" and mine may vary significantly.
According to the surface elevation readings on Google Earth, the crater's "bottom" seems to be a short distance to the southwest of the lowest elevation reading at the southern/southeastern rim of the "anomaly".
Anomaly low point ~ 2772', found at 70°41'90.64" S 48°15'09.13" E ;
Crater low point [that I was able to find] ~ 2746', found at 70°42'29.75" S 48°09'57.50" E

Moving directly "into" the anomaly from the "Anomaly Low Point", elevation graduates markedly, and with some general consistency moving to the edge of the crater (northwesterly).

Guess what I'm saying/asking is - those dimensional readings don't seem to translate to a "collapsed side", in my opinion...
If you would care to share "where" I am misinterpreting the "data", I would appreciate it.
Thanks!
edit on 4/13/2013 by WanDash because: parentheticals again

Okay - My bad! I see that you were responding to "the other" anomaly on the other side of the Mars-globe...
So...you're not saying the OPs pic is of a "filled crater".
On the other hand...I am finding no evidence (in the Google Earth elevational readings) of a side that has caved...(yet).
edit on 4/13/2013 by WanDash because: Replied to Wrong Reply-To

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Sorry if i wasnt clear enough. You got mixed up craters there.
I have two replies on this post.
1st one about the OP crater (ice layer + dark dust in south pole crater)
and 2nd reply about the filled crater in north pole.. which is the second crater posted by someone else.

edit on 13-4-2013 by MysticEngineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It looks to me like a huge hunk of black meteorite as to what it is comprised of I am unsure.......does not look to be of an alien/E.T. origin....even though that would be a more interesting scenario.Could also be just a refraction off a gas pocket on Neptune......I have always enjoyed that one....

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

A meteorite would explain the black trail.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'll say what everyone is thinking but are afraid to say.....I'll say it......Martians!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticEngineer

sure, then whats the explaination for the trail

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I think I see some kind of shadow on both of those objects, so I would guess their elevation goes above the side of the craters.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Simply amazing picture, OP. Even if it is just a big rock or some ice crystals. This is the type of material ATS needs more of.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
reply to post by MysticEngineer

sure, then whats the explaination for the trail

Picture one looks like a shadow, not a trail. Whatever is happening in picture 2 is interesting, but I think it's likely to be a reflection or something or the sort.

Nothing seems that fantastic.

I don't mean to poop on your party, I'd like to find something crazy on Mars too! But I think it's more likely to be trapped in the ice than in the form of a giant crazy structure. I could be wrong, (obviously) but I need more evidence before I change my opinion. I'd be happy with bacteria. Then at least we know definitively that life is not limited to Earth.

edit on 14-4-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join