It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Carries Out Artillery Drills Near N.Korean Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
China Carries Out Artillery Drills Near N.Korean Border

China recently moved an Army corps close to the North Korean border and staged a live-fire exercise with tanks and self-propelled guns.

Experts believe Beijing is taking no chances in case a North Korean provocation leads to an emergency.

The official Global Times on Monday reported that an armored brigade from a Shenyang mechanized infantry unit carried out live-fire maneuvers near the border on April 1.

Japan's Yomiuri Shimbun quoted a source in Dandong as saying the Chinese military has also stepped up vehicle patrols along the North Korean border.

Surveillance cameras have recently been installed on barbed wire fences along a 200 km-long section of the border between Hunchun and Helong in the Chinese province of Jilin on the Duman River, according to a source in Yanbian. The move seems to be part of China's preparations for a mass exodus of refugees from North Korea.

"Chinese military authorities installed the surveillance cameras after replacing poorly maintained barbed wire fences with new, 2 m-high ones over the past two years," the source added.

Meanwhile, observers in Dandong watched North Korean paratroopers in a parachute jump exercise from helicopters in Sinuiju for about two hours on Wednesday morning, Japan's Kyodo News reported. According to Kyodo, at least 50 North Korean soldiers jumped from the helicopters.

China is preparing for the worst case scenario which is funny since they control NoKo so they know exactly what's going to happen because they allow it. I don't really don't buy into all the fear/war-mongering going on but whatever happens China is prepared to not let in NoKo refugees it seems. From increasing boarder patrols, live fire exercises to repairing old weather worn fences and installing cameras on them it all seems to me China is prepared to stop any and all refugees who would flee across the boarder.

The people of NoKo my heart goes out too. They're the ones who suffer from economic sanctions while starving and now, thanks to Gov't, may be annihilated if Gov't decides to go to war and if the poop hits the fan the ones that survive long enough to flee will be running to their death.

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

War is only good for letting the filthy rich get richer.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

China does not control North Korea, it has a huge influence (political and economical) in it but is not in control, it is not like the Soviets and their satellite nations...
edit on 12-4-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
this is a show of if you react we will react as far as any build up or act of force by china there is none, english.chosun.com... form the link

China's Military Unmoved by N.Korean Threats

As the United States and South Korean militaries closely track North Korea's troops, military hardware and missiles, China has said little about what precautions its forces are taking. China has the longest border with North Korea but analysts say Beijing is focused on maintaining stability and has little concern of being affected by hostilities.

But as Pyongyang ramped up its war rhetoric, the United States flew stealth bombers from the state of Missouri to South Korea and moved a missile defense system to the island Guam. South Korea dispatched war ships to patrol its waters. Korean intelligence announced it was tracking North Korean missile launchers moving to the east, but no large movements of troops or hardware.

Meanwhile, North Korea's only ally, China, has made no visible military posturing of its own, despite a 1961 mutual defense treaty.

China has long valued stability in the Korean Peninsula to prevent large refugee flows across the border. But, analysts say those concerns are exaggerated.

Carl Baker, director of programs at the Pacific Forum Center for Strategic and International Studies in Honolulu, said there are no verifiable reports of any significant military buildup along the border.
this is getting out of hand , Russia will be next then more actions by China, when in fact there will be none, a drill is a drill nothing more, last week it was China massing troops , well there was none. it was part of the same drill www.china.org.cn... from the link

China denies military buildup at DPRK border

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, April 12, 2013

Adjust font size:

The Ministry of National Defense on Friday denied foreign reports that the People's Liberation Army (PLA) is building up on the country's border with the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK).
if this was true MSM would be allover it and Kerry would have made it public.
edit on 12-4-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Is this the "illuminati" hazing ritual performed as a right of passage for the new world leader?

Seems like it to me..

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The ONLY reason China is at the border is to prevent any N. Koreans from coming into China!!!! Period! China does NOT have enough food or fresh water to feed it's own people and if there was a Exodus of millions from N. Korea into China, it would create a disaster that China just could not handle.......

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

How true China is more open than people think, they do not control Un or the DPRK any more than the US controls Mexico, they might have done trade but that is about it.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I hear ya, you could be right but even if so, China's influence would be more than enough to stop any real aggression from NoKo. So either way you look at it, China should be able to stop any action via talks. If NoKo actually attempts an act of aggression I can't help but think China allowed it to happen.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I"m on the fence as this is how situations spiral out of control....

I hope N.K doesn't take this as China is ready to back them.... Maybe they are though... Crickey~

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

well yes it is and Un will be the leader, China will be Un's slave US SK Japan Israel will be no more, Russia will bow down to Iran. if i left any country out ,is because Un will not have mentioned.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The last thing we need is NK thinking they have China against them. When a dog feels backed into a corner, it bites!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This makes me wonder what a moron little Kimmy is.
Don't get on the wrong side of both the US and China at the same time....not a very good strategic move,even though China might not get involved and its more border based.
We have internet trolls and now I guess we have political war trolls as well.

This new Kimmy is just plain dumb.
I would LOVE to slap the taste out of his mouth.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I hear ya, you could be right but even if so, China's influence would be more than enough to stop any real aggression from NoKo. So either way you look at it, China should be able to stop any action via talks. If NoKo actually attempts an act of aggression I can't help but think China allowed it to happen.

Chinese influence at this point is not much. The two leaders have never met and do not seem to like each other very much. China has made its position clear with its vote against NK in the UN. That did not seem to slow NK down at all nor have its warnings. The last thing China wants is a war.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Nothing has happened...yet.

So maybe China did tell them to tone it down? And they heeded the warning?

Just a random thought.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
The last thing China wants is a war.

There is a good chance you are right.

Taiwan has been their main target for decades, and they haven't attacked it.
Yet...at least.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have said it before and I will say it again, China "should" step in and take out the Kim Regime if they push the button, it would be good for China and the world and make the USA look like the fools they are.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
And what if NK attacks China...and nukes them???!!

Just a thought....

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Am I the only person who thinks they are preparing for a blitzkrieg style invasion into the North but to prevent the South and the US from pushing further then they need to?

Not saying they will actually carry out their plans unless something initiates the conflict.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
would be interesting if China attacked from the north and the US/SK attacked from the south, no where to run and no where to hide for little kim. now that would be some unforeseen crazy cooperation. Doubt it would happen but would definitely be interesting.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

There is also this link on the front page from April 4th,

Chinese Troops Mass Along Border with N.Korea

english.chosun.com...

The Chinese Army has been on standby since March for an emergency by massing troops and fighter jets at the border with North Korea, the Washington Times quoted a U.S. government official.

China's official Global Times carried the story prominently on Wednesday.

Chinese warships conducted live-firing drills in the West Sea, where South Korean and U.S. forces were engaged in a joint annual exercise, the daily said.

But Chinese military activities were concentrated in Jilin Province, which shares the longest border with the North. Forces were reportedly ordered to raise the alert status to the highest level on March 19.

"Large groups of soldiers were seen on the streets in Ji'an, a city in Jilin, amid reports that the [Army] had been ordered to combat readiness status," the daily added. "Heavy armored vehicles, including tanks and armored personnel carriers, were reported moving near the Yalu [Apnok] River that separates China from North Korea."

A diplomatic source in Beijing said, "Whenever the crisis deepened on the Korean Peninsula, since the North's second nuclear test in 2009, China has reinforced its troops along the border. Amid escalating threats from North Korea, it's highly likely that Army has moved troops from the Shenyang Military Region," which is in charge of the border.

Btw, I see this is now posted on DrudgeReport "China conducts military drills...". They must be readers of ATS or one of you submitted this article to them
edit on 12-4-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Order of Battle question? Has this unit EVER conducted a 'live fire' exercise before? if so, I bet it's like the Marines sending formations to Twenty Nine Palms to do the same thing. Usually, units go to 'fixed' sites for live fire exercise, in other words, the gunnery/bombing range if they're gonna be hurling the hard stuff. If it's near the DPRK border, it was probably always near the DPRK border. It's good to keep all your 'duds' landing in the same place! Now, if this is a case of the Chinese, and I believe it is, wanting to remind the South Koreans, and the US and allied forces that 'Hey, this is were we used to come over the border when we were fighting last time'. I can so completely accept that. That would make sense. Just a case in point, history can be very instructional in these regards, artillery fire near a border being one of them. Anyway, we do live in a country where some kids never learn about World War Eleven. Never mind the forgotten war that was Korea. Oh, and by the way, we have fought the Chinese before. In a place called Korea. And looks like we'll be doing it again. If it weren't for China and Russia, there wouldn't be a North Korea in the first place. Fact.
edit on 12/4/2013 by CarbonBase because: content

edit on 12/4/2013 by CarbonBase because: content & Spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join