It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Missile Test Delayed by Windows 8

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

North Korean Missile Test Delayed by Windows 8

www.newyorker.com

North Korea’s official news agency announced today that the military’s planned missile test had been put on hold because of “problems with Windows 8.”

The announcement from the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) did not indicate a new scheduled time for a missile test, saying only that it was “working with Windows 8 support to resolve the issue.”

In the words of one intelligence analyst, “That means the test has been delayed indefinitely.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.inquisitr.com< br /> www.abovetopsecret.com
www.pcmag.com

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

A source close to the North Korean regime reported that Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un is furious about the Windows 8 problems and is considering a number of options, including declaring war on Microsoft.

This is definitely not a coincidence in my opinion.

Why?

Because the Windows 8 Operating System has a kill switch, that's why.

The very anticipated operating system Windows 8 will have a feature that was never found on PC's before: A kill switch that can remotely delete software and edit code without the user's permission. Although Microsoft claims the switch would only be used for software that is downloaded from its app store, no official policies clearly define the actual purpose of the kill switch... nothing is truly considered "illegal" and that includes issues regarding spying, censorship and free speech.

Even though the above quotes Microsoft as stating that it would only be used for apps downloaded from their store; whose to say that Microsoft isn't able to flick the kill switch on the W8 Operating Systems in North Korea, effectively halting their missile launches?

The conspiracy mind in me is thinking that the Windows 8 failure is due to the kill switch. Microsoft may have been told by the US Government to flick the switch...of course, this is only speculation.

www.newyorker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-4-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Checks date...nope, not April 1st...

Should have used Linux, it has more stable genocide missile launching software in the repositories, with regualar community updates.

But seriously...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Aren't they still on Windows 95? Probably having dial-up connection problems and timing out before they've managed to send the launch sequence data.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Aren't they still on Windows 95? Probably having dial-up connection problems and timing out before they've managed to send the launch sequence data.

They switched from 95 to W8 this year.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Checks date...nope, not April 1st...

Should have used Linux, it has more stable genocide missile launching software in the repositories, with regualar community updates.

But seriously...

the alpha test backports have better tracking and guidance systems though
sudo apt-get fatman-littleboy

edit on 12-4-2013 by heretic013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

They should've gotten some Iranian IT guys to set up their system... Halted by Windows 8....really?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
north korea has computers ?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
North Korea was let down by Window, i can actually believe that.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Nice try but it is all fun and games read the other reports none are real, the reporter has his own sense of humor and making one laugh, now it was true that would be funny

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It is a good day to be American.

Seriously.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Oh come on , even North Korea is not stupid enough to use Windows 8.
Windows 8 is the new windows ME & Vista in one bundle .

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Thats the fate of having windows 8.
edit on 12-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Funny stuff.

But we know it's an Ipad NK is using to orchestrate this war. We've seen lil'kim with his iphone.

He's into fruit products.

now lets all go on about a kill switch and nsa and gateways into hell and other things we can invent along the way

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
for such a closed nation ,they sure release a lot of information?
some ones having a good laugh about this at the expense of anyone who believes this

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
for some reason this story reminded me of north korea's situation right now.... I bet this is how they're feeling right now lol

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

So do you believe that NK would use windows as their operating system and then call windows support to help get their missiles working properly?

Or does your own mind tell you that NK would likely have their own (or Chinese) programmers and military network to operate their missiles with a certain level of security?

I dont think NK would use windows for their military.

edit on 12-4-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Hahahahaha brilliant piece of satire.. I can just imagine the call to the support centre.

Hell if it was true I might join the NK's against Windows 8

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
ok...its official now..

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Not sure about NK, but HMS Dauntless runs a windows based operating system.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join