It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos in Washington as classified report on North Korea's ability to arm nuclear missiles is read a

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonbeleiver77

Yes, since when do "we" sit idly by watching Muppets mass weapons that can be fired off in close proximity to other countries. It's blatant stupidity.

How long does this bull have to go on for?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
What a stupid misleading news title. "Chaos in washington"... Pffff. Trying invoke images of people in a panic in the streets.

There wouldn't even be "chaos" among officials..

News and Media are really really starting to stand out to me how pathetic and fear mongering they deliberately report news.

Stands out to me like sh#* on a blanket. I know ATS members simply copy and paste these kinds of stories which is fine, I just hope the majority don't fall for the fear mongering hype
edit on 11-4-2013 by Nomad451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nw15062
reply to post by AuntC

A super EMP is what Russia was talking about, A Nuke designed specifically for maximum EMP results, however Nuclear power plants may have a hard time managing without critical electronic control systems. Thus the statement regarding Chernobyl as the result would be every power plant with no way to stop it.

I posted about this earlier here, if anyone would like to read more about the Russian report:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

images.military.com...

www.veteranstoday.com...

North Korea has labored for years and starved its people so it could develop an intercontinental missile capable of reaching the United States. Why? Because they have a special kind of nuclear weapon that could destroy the United States with a single blow. In summer 2004, a delegation of Russian generals warned the Congressional Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Commission that secrets had leaked to North Korea for a decisive new nuclear weapon — a Super-EMP warhead.

edit on 4/11/13 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/11/13 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

I know ATS members simply copy and paste these kinds of stories which is fine

T&Cs old friend

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

Ooo thank you, that's quite juicy!

Top stuff

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
What happened to all the Super wiz kids from Asia, we are constantly told about.
The Tiger Mums.
The 6 days a week of school, up until midnight studying, 100% every exam.etc etc

Why would they need to import technology from Pakistan and other backward countries?

OR buy Russian weapons on the black market?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yeah....

These reports do have meaning

It means we are going to Nuke NK if they launch anything at all in our direction.

Then Russia and China will mop up... you know 60 US reactors melting down? There is something China and Russia want, good for the crops you know.... especially when 1/3 the worlds food supply is ruined.

Nk is going up in flames for sure if they are talking this rhetoric

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
So over the last week have they somehow confirmed this?

North Korea also obtained technology from the trafficking network of A.Q. Khan, a disgraced pioneer of Pakistan's nuclear program, acquiring centrifuges for enriching uranium. According to the Congressional Research Service, Khan may also have supplied a Chinese-origin nuclear weapon design he provided to Libya and Iran, which could have helped the North in developing a warhead for a ballistic missile.

www.news.com.au...

So they could have at least short range nukes thanks to black market.

Not to mention of course the 1000's of tonnes of chem and bio warhead.
At what stage does all of this become nuclear terrorism?

Well.... How would you like it confirmed? That is correct. Entirely correct to everyone's knowledge. North Korea was among AQ Kahn's clients and he was peddling everything he could get and pass on for low to high level nuclear weapons designs and schematics. North Korea did get all the plans from what our side seems to have learned on it all...and he wasn't precisely shy about saying so, anyway. Kinda proud of what he'd done, as I gathered.

This would be one of a few things I most worry about. North Korea isn't without the HOW to build everything down to "suitcase nukes" ..or what were called SADM's in the real life version and more like "Steamer Trunk" than any suitcase. Still, the question comes down to how well they could assemble by directions ...not invent the stuff all over again. THAT little difference strikes me as a pretty BIG difference. Development is one thing ...simply following instructions for proven models? errr.... Yeah... Books could be written about what no one is 100% sure about right now, IMO.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I WANT TO BE INVADED BY THESE GIRLS, RECENTLY PATROLLING............Bring it on!!!!!!

Do you think they have special lessons on how to run in those heels?

www.smh.com.au...

WASHINGTON: North Korea likely has a nuclear warhead small enough to fit on a ballistic missile, according to a new assessment by the Pentagon's intelligence arm that comes amid growing alarm over Pyongyang's warmongering.

edit on 12-4-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Im calling wag the dog here!

This move is clearly to gain internal and international support for a pre-emptive strike.
The double sided statements are merely to throw you off track and seal the lie....

More western war propaganda.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hmm,

If i remember correctly didn't Colin Powell hold up a vial of white powder with his bare hands and say that it was Anthrax a couple of years ago in order to carry out a certain war?

Not to mention the other WMD stories and pictures that were thrown all over the media?

For the moment i am personally taking this with a pinch of salt!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonbeleiver77
You have to wonder if they can launch their own satellites and they stay up there and operational how hard would it be to send a nuke?

From a technical standpoint, payload is payload, whether it's a weather satellite or a nuclear device. The constraints are weight and physical size. Whatever your payload of choice is, it's got to physically fit on the launch vehicle, and it's got to weigh less than "X", where "X" is the mass that a given launcher can put into the desired orbit. The current generation of North Korean launchers can put ~100 kg into orbit, which is considerably less than the weight of any nuclear device they're likely to develop or purchase any time soon.

I really think NK is being underestimated.
Yes their leader may be a fool that dosnt mean they don't have many many well educated military scientists.

I'm not sure how you can say that North Korea is being 'underestimated'. A country with a wrecked economy, periodic famine, and chronic shortages of pretty much every industrial resource, that has managed to successfully test (at most) 3 small nuclear devices (which may or may not have been weaponized designs) is being credited with the ability to utterly destroy the United States and Japan, with an option to exterminate all life on earth (at least according to some of the wilder suppositions on ATS). How, exactly, is this "underestimating" North Korea again?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Yeah, they look pretty warm and cuddly on a cold Korean night, indeed. Have you ever read accounts of what the Afghan women did to men they got alive out of the Soviet Army? They're hardly unique around the world, but among the better documented for what happened next.

I'd rather surrender to Kim himself and slap him upside the head just to say hello ....than fall into the hands of women who see me as their mortal enemy. There is dying and then there is dyyyyyyyyyyyyyying.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Somehow, I doubt that this info was "mistakenly" leaked out to the public.

On the other hand, it would not surprise me a bit if this is just more fearifying from the US govt. so they can make NK into a big scary menace.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Not only is NK being unestimated but so is China. China is extremely wealthy and USA is borrowing from them now. So its a case of NK has the muscle , since its prisoners are very likely working all hours, basically his slaves. And China has the financial intelligence. Togeather they are going to try and kick some butt. Or at least alluding to the fact that they can at any given moment.

Underestimated as in - since no one can get into the country to see whats happening. There military and war weapons have probably since greatly improved.

You cant just a politician by its people. Or visa versa.
edit on 12-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hagel admitted last week, "North Korea has the warheads and the means to deliver them."

I posted about the statement in the NK Watch thread, as the statement went largely unnoticed, even ignored. This was a statement, IIRC, to the Security Council.

I don't know why it is such a shock? When NK launched the satellite, it was announced then that they had achieved ICBM capability.

In the same article I posted with the Hagel statement, I also said this was the first public admission from this administration that NK not only had the way but the means. The article, both before and after the Hagel statement, goes on to claim unnamed "experts continue to claim NK cannot reach the US". They contradicted Hagels' remarks with unnamed "experts"?

Seemed to me they were trying to tell people that were looking, the truth, and for people who wished to continue to be placated, they provided substantial "expert" claims.

With nothing to back it up.

Personally? Satellite? Check. Hagel remark? Check. Unnamed "experts"? Not so much.

Now, an accidental admission? Hm. I think NK can hit anywhere they want. They have had lots of experienced help. This is the nuclear form of alien disclosure, only, Obama didn't want to admit it happened on his watch.

Kind of like Fast and Furious.

Satellite? ICBM? Check.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

A Pentagon spokesman has said it is "inaccurate" to say North Korea has nuclear missile capability.

No takesies backsies....

No matter which is correct, we the people are simply going to assume the worst case scenario, and assume they DO have the capability..oddly, it's more reassuring than thinking most DIA officials are complete idiots.

To another:

On the other hand, it would not surprise me a bit if this is just more fearifying from the US govt. so they can make NK into a big scary menace.

Well mission accomplished! Having nukes is one thing, so is threatening to use them. Having them, being able to reach you, AND threatening to do so? Makes it all a bit more disconcerting. If these claims are accurate, then NK has just evolved from a regional threat to a global one. Our actions (and those of China and Russia) over the next day should reveal whether or not this threat is real. If they don't do much more, then it probably was a mistaken report. On the other hand, if things heat up more, then it obviously isn't a mistake.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Good point Gazrok, and all. It should be noted (I think) that this report was dated last month, so while the release to the public is current, I'd assume this is not necessarily "new" information in the intel community. CNN was having a field day running this headline last night on all of their programming as BREAKING NEWS for at least 3 hours continuously, it was starting to lose its meaning after a while. Is this story more media hype than breaking news? Probably, in my opinion.

I haven't posted in this forum yet, but my thoughts on NK have gone from pure doom and gloom in the past few weeks to apathy now. The media seems to be blowing more hot air and "non news" into the subject whenever it falls below the fold. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
you're controlled by your fear.

NK just wants to show the world it can defend itself if it is attacked.

I wonder what's happening in Syria?

I wonder what's happening in Cyprus

I wonder what's happening with Monsanto

I wonder what Dennis Rodman was doing in NK, and what Jay Z was doing in Cuba

I wonder where my slippers are

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm not really that concerned with nukes. Many Chemical/Biological weapons can be place atop an ICBM because chemical/biological delivery systems are much lighter. Biological weapons are light but are relatively hard to deliver with maximum effect. Chemical weapons are much much scarier, hell lobbing mustard gas from artillery is pre ww1 technology, that alone would ruin the northern half of SK. A chem weapon could easily be fitted atop the ICBM they tested, it would do large scale damage and could easily kill everything in a city block radius.

Also these weapons are stupidly easy to smuggle and are much harder to detect than radioactive nuclear devices. My fear is that agents sneak into super populated areas and let these things off. In the 80's NK special ops soldiers were killed infiltrating the South for reasons that remain classified. It's would be no stretch to see if the regime was testing the viability of suitcase chem weapons which are delivered by amphibious forces. All you need to do is load some of this onto crates on a cargo ship and then use small craft to land in two guys with a suitcase into some urban coastal area.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join