It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea may be able to deliver nuke, Pentagon intel says

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

If every dictator in the world is going to have nuclear weapons, then nuclear war is a forgone conclusion.

It is a big deal that nukes have not been used since WWII.

I am not saying that US is a saint. But who is?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

If the US wanted to nuke every country they did not agree with it - they could have done that long ago.
They use great restraint.

I can see that you do not like America. You have a right to your opinion.
That is one of the things that makes America great. We can speak our mind, even it if is against our government. Unlike North Korea, where they put you in prison, or more likely kill you, for that. And your whole family.

But, this is a thread about North Korea.
North Korea has come right out and threatened to nuke the US.
What is the US supposed to do? Sit back and say sure, go ahead?
If anything, the US has again showed restraint and diplomacy and is attempting to find other solutions to rein in the NK.
Un and his ruling party are lunatics who are letting their people starve just to have weapons.
They have an alliance with China, who will protect them, so the should be focusing on improving their economy and feeding their people, not building up a military that is only designed for aggressive war.

edit on 4/13/13 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
If the US wanted to nuke every country they did not agree with it - they could have done that long ago.
They use great restraint.

I'm not really sure this has anything to do with the greatness of the American people. This is about the American government and the way it interacts with the media.

If you found out the whole North Korean crisis over the last month had been faked, that there was never a threat to national security and that the MSM had been deliberately psychologically manipulating people - would you still think the American government was great?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

If you use some common sense...
Check the news feeds from North Korea.
Un is making no secret of his threats.
It is hard to fake threats that are coming directly from the source.
And that China acknowledges, and every other country in the region, and the UN.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by yampa

If you use some common sense...
Check the news feeds from North Korea.
Un is making no secret of his threats.
It is hard to fake threats that are coming directly from the source.
And that China acknowledges, and every other country in the region, and the UN.

China acknowledges that the North Koreans are verbally behaving poorly (in response to extreme US hostility). They are certainly not acknowledging any real chance of a physical threat. The North Koreans lie for their own purposes, the American government lies for its own purposes. The North Koreans could only dream of a system of propaganda which is as slick and effective as that produced by the CIA. Nothing you are seeing about this from the MSM is the true story.

You didn't answer my question. How would you feel if you found out if the 95% of the news you have seen about this over the last month was lies from your own government?
edit on 13-4-2013 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

The satellite in question is tumbling in orbit. Because of this it is unable to send or receive commands.

Space Junk...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

How far? Is the question.

I really hope this gets sorted out.... sooner rather than later.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Whose to say the north koreans couldn't modify a freighter to conceal and then launch a nuclear missile or two once it got close the US mainland? That takes care of range issues, and if fired at the mainland you're bound to hit something even if your accuracy sucks. Total suicide mission, but they don't care. What good is a missile defense shield if you're inside the shield? Useless. Sure the US will respond, but the cheap shot will have already done it's
damage.

China could do this to us in spades. A few modified cargo container ships that look like they're delivering consumer goods, and then Whoosh!! The west coast and beyond lights up like a christmas tree.

Whose the moron that believes a mobile launcher has to stay on the ground in its own territory?

Ever heard of 'conceal and carry' ?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

What extreme US hostility are you referring to?
The US has not been hostile to North Korea, and has been taking a defensive stance after the threats.
NK has directly threatened South Korea, Japan, and the US.
The US has a duty to protect their allies in the region. If someone threatens them and us with a nuclear attack, of course the US is going to take measures to set up a defense. North Korea brought on this additional US presence by their own actions.

As for China - they are protecting their own interests and are not a friend of the US. But they have not denied the threats. Do you really think they would allow the US, or anyone, to push a rhetoric like that which was not true? China has repeatedly said they want a peaceful resolution, and North Korea has repeatedly said they want war. And that is not from US media, you can check www.chinadaily.com.cn... etc.

Is it just pretend that NK pulled its workers from Kaesong, and dragged out their missiles, and broadcasted images of a map of the US with targets, along with nuclear threats, and directly threatened Tokyo, if Japan should dare to defend against an attack? Is it pretend that a year ago they destroyed a South Korean ship and attacked a South Korean island. The US and SK could have stomped on them at the time, but tried to resolve things peacefully.

As for the US media, no one totally trusts everything the media says, which is why this site exists, and why information is drawn from many different sources. It is not just the US MSM reporting on the situation in North Korea. You will see sources from many places on this subject. The media is not threatening us - North Korea is. But for the most part, our media is mostly reliable, because the people of the US call them out on it when they are not. And there are competing medias that do the same thing to each other.

ETA: Do you see the difference from media in a country such as North Korea? Their media is totally controlled by their government, and they have no access to outside information to confirm or deny what they hear. So, while you are defending North Korea, think about things like that when you do your reasoning.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i still think a nuke strike by missile from them is unlikely but i do believe they a might try to sneak one into country through mexico or b they have already been sneaking them into country and thats why the doing the saber rattling because they already here just waiting on firing order. could u imagine 4 going off in 4 different locations around country like la chicago maybe new york and dc their would be pandemonium in the streets.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

What extreme US hostility are you referring to?

As for the US media, no one totally trusts everything the media says, which is why this site exists, and why information is drawn from many different sources. It is not just the US MSM reporting on the situation in North Korea. You will see sources from many places on this subject. The media is not threatening us - North Korea is. But for the most part, our media is mostly reliable, because the people of the US call them out on it when they are not. And there are competing medias that do the same thing to each other.

Could you quote the actual threat to Japan for me? Where have you been getting your translations of the Korean Central News Agency releases from? How many full reports have you read? Do you not find it a bit funny that virtually every news story only contains fragmented quotes from some unspecified KCNA report? Since when did high-quality journalism not provide sources?

Extreme hostility is not my wording, it's the wording of the defence experts at RAND in relation to the Chinese stance on North Korea's recent kabuki show -

Although China recognizes that North Korea is not blameless, Scobell said China believes that the United States shoulders the lion's share of the blame and could help ease tensions by adopting a more conciliatory policy toward North Korea. Beijing views Pyongyang's bad behavior as a reaction to an extremely hostile U.S. policy. China, he added, is unlikely to put substantial pressure on North Korea and this is bound to produce disappointment in Washington.

“There's a limit to what China is ready to do vis-à-vis North Korea,” Scobell said.

I think you are wrong to assume that the majority of your news sources are reliable over stories like this. In situations like this, the narrative comes from the top and anyone not joining in the 'two minute hate' will not be looked upon well.

Here is an example of how a 175 newspaper editors worldwide, from completely different publications will produce exactly the same story on demand when their owner tells them to. How do you know this isn't happening right now?

www.guardian.co.uk...

Their master's voice
Rupert Murdoch argued strongly for a war with Iraq in an interview this week. Which might explain why his 175 editors around the world are backing it too, writes Roy Greenslade

Given that every part of the official government line on Iraq has been proven to be lies - I think this proves rather well that editors and journalists will instantly fall into line when instructed to by the powers that be.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

The quotes are throughout these threads.

I kind of feel like I am feeding a North Korean troll LOL.
So, I'm not going to continue feeding.
Your answers are already posted throughout the threads.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

reply to post by yampa

The quotes are throughout these threads.

I kind of feel like I am feeding a North Korean troll LOL.
So, I'm not going to continue feeding.
Your answers are already posted throughout the threads.

No. I've just gone through every post in this thread and every news story linked in this thread. There isn't a single quote from the North Koreans re: Japan. I couldn't find one on first page of google either.

It is not trolling to point out that you are following a false narrative. I think your posts show how good the MSM are at psychologically manipulating people into imagining physical threats where there are little or none in reality.

I totally accept that the North Koreans treat their own people in a terrible, oppressive manner and always have done. I have no interest in promoting dictators. My interest is in pointing out the lies in our own system and you are doing little to prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

reply to post by yampa

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks, I see the quotes now. I've searched for the wording found in that article and it seems it is being duplicated by many other news sources without any context or links to source. Could you quote the actual KCNA release about Japan from the 12th?

You can search the actual releases concerning Japan here: www.google.com...=off&output=search&sclient=psyab&q=site:http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kcna.co.jp%2F+japan

or type site:kcna.co.jp japan

Sorry, I don't buy it. Nothing in those reports comes off as a real threat. Every report seems to be defensive and concerning the US military occupation of South Korea and Japan.

But it is pretty obvious there is some SERIOUS stuff going down in reality, outside of the rhetoric. Check out this piece of obscenity from Thursday.

Floral Basket to Kim Jong Un from Japanese Body
Pyongyang, April 11 (KCNA) -- The dear respected Kim Jong Un was presented with a floral basket by the Japan-Korea Society for Scientific and Educational Interchange on the occasion of the first anniversaries of his election as first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and first chairman of the DPRK National Defence Commission.
Kenki Nakamura, chairman of the society who is leading its delegation on a visit to the DPRK, handed over the floral basket to an official concerned on Thursday.

You might have a bit of trouble accessing that site, because it seems someone is trying to packet it off the web (so people can't read what is really being released?).

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
How about:

March 15. 2013 Juch 102
Provocative War Drills against DPRK Condemned
Pyongyang, March 15 (KCNA) -- 53 peace campaign organizations of over 20 different countries and 530 international peace activists and personages issued an urgent joint statement on March 4 demanding the U.S. and the south Korean warmongers stop the DPRK-targeted war drills.
The U.S.-south Korea joint military drills including Key Resolve, Foal Eagle and Ulji Freedom Guardian being staged every year serve as a main factor of escalating the tension on the Korean Peninsula, the statement noted.
It demanded the U.S. and the south Korean authorities stop at once the provocative war drills against the DPRK and take a positive step to defuse the tension on the peninsula.

Oh my god! These people are maniacs! They are trying to use peace organizations to bolster their demand that the US should stop doing simulated nuclear attacks on their doorstop. We should really obliterate these guys while we have the chance. Fancy having the nerve to suggest foreigners should not do nuclear exercises on their doorstep. It's madness gone mad.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by sitchin

If every dictator in the world is going to have nuclear weapons, then nuclear war is a forgone conclusion.

It is a big deal that nukes have not been used since WWII.

I am not saying that US is a saint. But who is?

nobody is ... but we can't play judge jury and executioner ... we live in a world dictatorship governed by the people we put in power through a democracy ...they follow an agenda the same as any dictator does,only difference is we are offered the illusion of choice ...i don't know how this will pan out ,but what ever happens im betting it is all planned out... divide and conquer ,turn nation against nation its all part of an agenda for total control ...not by any country but by an elite few who hide in the shadows

NK is edgy ..i think we should back off and allow China to be a mediator

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

US president is the "leader of the free world", so I have to assume US president is speaking on the behalf of something called "free world". I do not have a good definition of "free world" though. It sure is more than the physical boundaries of USA.

We cannot afford to have chaos in the World. Somebody has to rule. We are still living in a World which is divided by regionalism, religions, races, and what not. There is a lot of friction in this World. Ruling it is not pretty.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

reply to post by sitchin

US president is the "leader of the free world", so I have to assume US president is speaking on the behalf of something called "free world". I do not have a good definition of "free world" though. It sure is more than the physical boundaries of USA.

We cannot afford to have chaos in the World. Somebody has to rule. We are still living in a World which is divided by regionalism, religions, races, and what not. There is a lot of friction in this World. Ruling it is not pretty.

I think you have some funny ideas about where power lies in this world. The US president is not the leader of anything except the Whitehouse and Democratic Party. Just because we happen to currently be lumbered with a political system which forces us to give away large amounts of our freedom away over a 5 second vote, does not make it some worldwide truth.

I don't need anyone to rule me, thanks.

"Anyone who thinks they know what's best for 300 million people is a titanic as*hole. So we're just voting for king of the as*holes."

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

reply to post by sitchin

You really need an education if you think the us president has any legal authority out side the united states ...just saying

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join