It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea may be able to deliver nuke, Pentagon intel says

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
______beforeitsnews/politics/2013/04/north-korean-hoax-tourists-find-children-skating-while-western-media-shows-tanks-in-the-square-2509012.html< br />
im new so I cant start new threads, but i found this and thought it was interesting

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Here is a question for someone who knows a lot about nuclear weapons....What would happen if a small nuclear weapon landed on top of a nuclear power plant? Would it create a bigger explosion or just a dirty explosion?

Just kinda curious.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Prepare for the worst. Never underestimate the guy giving the threats.

The air projected missiles may be a misdirection. North Korea was found working with Iran right? So, a missile could be shipped in by sea or ground while people are looking skywards. While NK is creating a diversion, another nation could be sneaking by.

I didn't get it the Austin target, when if you have a nuke by air, designed to make the biggest mess one can afford, and it's imperfectly targeted, why they'd go after it instead of Dallas/FtWorth area, which is probably a smart target for the other nuclear nations on the planet. But these three targets, besides being wealthy and populated, not free of corruption.

Bad guys usually work in threes, so you have North Korea, Iran, and who else? What if it's a coordinated attack? There's the one with money, the brute who applies force, and the smart one who thinks it up -- which one North Korea plays is a mystery, it only appears that they are the brute through lots of propaganda. Some other country could be teamed up with these two, and it could be the nuclear problem. There isn't enough in the story, maybe it's someplace like Cuba. Just a theory-making guess, no accusations.

In the weirdest part, who says South Korea wouldn't get a nuke rolling to get the US to squish N. Korea for them? Maybe they got the money for it.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

That "iran is working with nk" regarding nukes is a little bit weird since the technology that both are... lets say "fond of" is different... iranian nuclear physicists like the uranium 235 gun type assembly stuff... while korea likes the plutonium core implosion assembly complicated lego tech...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It would be like grenade landing on a shoe box of matches. It wouldn't create a bigger bang just a bigger mess of # to clean up

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

If missiles can be exported; why not nuclear warheads??
A single air shipment can take several warheads.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
reply to post by yampa

HEY...who cares about drones right now this thread is about NK and nukes. They can deliver. They tested it a yeat ago, and could not achieve orbit. They did with the satellite. They are one of 10 nations to do this. People, they are not as ass backwards as we are told. They did not launch that satellite from a donkey cart. It is in obit...it is not falling.

I was responding to a comment about North Korean aggression. The fact is, there has been hardly any real aggression from North Korea towards South Korea in 60 years. There has been no North Korean aggression towards any other state ever. My point is that the US does worse every week, and they kill real civilians with impunity in the name of ideology.

Originally posted by esdad71
May my ass.They know. The only question now is how long? When it is airbone what are you going to do, make a thread about it?

I'm going to make myself aware of how the CIA and and the Whitehouse manufactures stories like this on a regular basis so that people like yourself will get terrified and post threads about it.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

edition.cnn.com

The Pentagon's intelligence arm has assessed with "moderate confidence" that North Korea has the ability to deliver a nuclear weapon with a ballistic missile, though the reliability is believed to be "low."

Disclosed first by a congressman at a hearing on Thursday and then confirmed to CNN by the Defense Department, the assessment by the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) is the clearest acknowledgment yet by the United States about potential advances in North Korea's nuclear program.
(visit the link for the full news article)

North Korea already warned foreigners in South Korea to evacuate already. Will this be already war against the two country?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
My question is this.

How do we 'Know" that NK "has" the capability of getting a missile to US airspace?
We hear a lot about NK's capability, but, outside of what the A-Z agencies (via their voice the msn...)
do we really know what NK is capable of??
This whole scenario has echoes of Iraq imo....
Can any here say that outside of news sources, they KNOW NK has the capability?
Sure we all see a missile on a launcher, but do we (the general populace) know that it has a nuke warhead?
Are we just taking CIA etc and msn at face value.
We could be (read 'are") being told that for a reason.
If i had anyway to verify it, i could (almost) bet that the missile/s we see on the news are regular crappy missiles, and we are being told "Look out, the scary monster has sharp teeth" to scare us into support...
Food for thought.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ScorpiusMaximus

I think USA is restrained.

No military action has started despite a lot of hot talk.

There is no reliable way of knowing what North Korea has. It is a "closed" state that publishes very little information about its capabilities.

The reality is that a missile can be launched from a cargo ship. What if a cargo ship launches a missile from middle of pacific targeting Los Angeles for example. The TEL can be easily hidden in the holds of a ship.

A country that has declared its intention of using nukes pre-emptively and has tested three times can be considered a serious risk. I do not think we have an over-reaction there. However if North Korea is pushed to the brink is a different issue.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpiusMaximus
My question is this.

How do we 'Know" that NK "has" the capability of getting a missile to US airspace?
We hear a lot about NK's capability, but, outside of what the A-Z agencies (via their voice the msn...)
do we really know what NK is capable of??
This whole scenario has echoes of Iraq imo....
Can any here say that outside of news sources, they KNOW NK has the capability?
Sure we all see a missile on a launcher, but do we (the general populace) know that it has a nuke warhead?
Are we just taking CIA etc and msn at face value.
We could be (read 'are") being told that for a reason.
If i had anyway to verify it, i could (almost) bet that the missile/s we see on the news are regular crappy missiles, and we are being told "Look out, the scary monster has sharp teeth" to scare us into support...
Food for thought.

Yes, this reminds me of the early scare tactics used against Iraq, and I still can't believe they got away with all the bs propaganda pulled.

How many people can remember the reports including satellite images of WMD's etc. ?

I feel it's all about getting public support for somthing.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Don't we think that the Americans, (if they thought NK were capable of using a ballistic missile as a nuclear weapon) would of already infiltrated the Koreans to prevent them from launching it? Another thought was that havnt the Koreans got trillions of dollars worth of fine minerals and the Americans are in billions if not trillions of dollars in debt? This may of already been mentioned, but it seems that the real enemies on our planet are the ones 'egging' on the rhetoric and mis interpreting it ( whether purposefully or not)

Just a thought or two.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

edition.cnn.com

The Pentagon's intelligence arm has assessed with "moderate confidence" that North Korea has the ability to deliver a nuclear weapon with a ballistic missile, though the reliability is believed to be "low."

Disclosed first by a congressman at a hearing on Thursday and then confirmed to CNN by the Defense Department, the assessment by the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) is the clearest acknowledgment yet by the United States about potential advances in North Korea's nuclear program.
(visit the link for the full news article)

They also said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and we all know that was an epic fail ..

in all honesty i hope they do have it ...they are no more dangerous than any other nation that have them

USA is the only country yet to use them in aggression ...go figure

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

There is no case for North Korea to have a nuclear weapon no matter what US says or does.

Yes, we should leave North Korea alone if this country stops planning to nuke its neighbors.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by sitchin

There is no case for North Korea to have a nuclear weapon no matter what US says or does.

It's one of those bizarrely selective things, I'm afraid. Israel and Pakistan aren't supposed to have nukes either, but the US seems to turn a blind eye to the development of their respective armamentaria.

FMB

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FartyMeBurpy

South Korea and Japan have refrained from developing nuclear weapons despite having means to do so.

What issue is forcing North Korea to develop nukes when it already has a defense pact with China that is a NWS.

NK already maintains a disproportionately sized military force.

If you analyze the situation, it is clear that NK has an agenda far bigger than its defense.
It has no right to threaten neighbors with nuclear strikes.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

reply to post by sitchin

Yes, we should leave North Korea alone if this country stops planning to nuke its neighbors.

And who made uncle sam policeman of the world ?? ...The bully tactics didnt work against Iran and they won't work against Nk ..go figure

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

North Korea is not a replacement for Uncle Sam. Uncle Sam is playing a role in the World; is NK even remotely in a position to play that role?

We have seen relative peace in the last 60 years or so that has resulted in all round progress of mankind. You do not want to see all the gains wiped out - do you?

We do not want the world to hurtle towards nuclear war and chaos. Nobody should make that choice.

edit on 13-4-2013 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
reply to post by Sandalphon

That "iran is working with nk" regarding nukes is a little bit weird since the technology that both are... lets say "fond of" is different... iranian nuclear physicists like the uranium 235 gun type assembly stuff... while korea likes the plutonium core implosion assembly complicated lego tech...

Iran, North Korea agree to cooperate in science, technology

DUBAI | Sat Sep 1, 2012 11:31am EDT

(Reuters) - Iran and North Korea have signed an agreement to cooperate in science and technology, Iranian media reported on Saturday, and Iran's supreme leader declared that the two countries had "common enemies."

The two countries will cooperate in research, student exchanges and joint laboratories, and in the fields of information technology, engineering, biotechnology, renewable energy, the environment, sustainable development of agriculture and food technology, the Iranian Labour News Agency (ILNA) reported.

ILNA said the agreement was signed by Iran's Minister for Science, Research, and Technology Farhad Daneshjoo and North Korean Foreign Minister Pak Ui-chun.

North Korea has had close ties with Iran. Leaked U.S. diplomatic cables from 2010 showed that U.S. officials believe Iran has acquired ballistic missile parts from North Korea.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran and North Korea have common enemies, because the arrogant powers do not accept independent states," Khamenei was quoted as saying by ILNA on Saturday.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by sitchin

North Korea is not a replacement for Uncle Sam. Uncle Sam is playing a role in the World; is NK even remotely in a position to play that role?

We have seen relative peace in the last 60 years or so that has resulted in all round progress of mankind. You do not want to see all the gains wiped out - do you?

We do not want the world to hurtle towards nuclear war and chaos. Nobody should make that choice.

edit on 13-4-2013 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

peace??? you call an american led campaign of murder and carnage peace....lets kill everyone who doesn't agree with us !!...the way i see it NK are scared they are smart enough to know if you have WMD then nations can't inflict there will on you as we have seen over the last 30 years or so

NK also know that even if they wanted to nuke a country (so far only good old USA have done this) they would be hit by every country in NATO and most from the UN .. they have every right like the UK,USA and any other country to arm themselves with what ever they see fit ..as long as its for defense ..

i mean what do you propose ..kill everyone in NK in the off chance they fire a nuke?? .. China been its closes neighbor is not freaking out ..all i see is more world police by american led countries which will probably lead to more loss of innocent lives

mean while back in reality 10's of thousands of people die in Syria ...go figure

l

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join