It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shanti Devi - The Only Fully Explained and Proven Case of Reincarnation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mactheaxe

Soul has "free will" in human form. However human form is very rare in a soul's journey through life.

A soul may get a human form may be once in 100 million years.

The learning you are referring to - that you will keep on getting another chance to learn (perhaps you are referring to human life) simply does not exist.

You waste "this" (current) human life and you are nowhere.

Nobody should forget God and God's powers. Forgetting results in endless misery.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

I do not forget "god". I am positive that he or it is more than i understand, I feel it better in myself to think of god as love...because he is. not a man with a bald head, long white beard, and white robe up on a cloud. He is much more than that three dimensional idealization. He is within all of us. There is neither good nor bad, but a lesson for the learning.
edit on 12-4-2013 by mactheaxe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
BTW, found this.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mactheaxe

God is not somebody with a bald head and white rob.

Veda describes many qualities of God; one being formless - means God does not resemble any human or animal or a physical object (like a stone).

God is also described as all pervading; means God is present everywhere. God's power is working in the entire universe and outside too.

I do not know what you mean by "love". If you are referring to kindness; yes. God has been kind to souls; has given souls a place to live and bodies in which soul can perform actions. However God does not pardon any sins. God is just and same punishment is applied to all souls, there are no exceptions.

Some religions have concept of "atonement". Veda tells us to perform actions as per God's laws; live as per God's will. Pious acts slowly diminish the effect of sins.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

It could go two ways.

The skeptic might say, she lives in a culture where reincarnation is accepted and suggestion plays a part in this.

Or, she lives in a culture where it is acceptable to discuss and believe in pre-birth existence that extends beyond ones imagination as they are told in the western world.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

demons can give information to people at the speed of light

This does not make sense unless you don't use your brain for thinking (literally), information in the brain requires biochemical processes, let alone the processing of using any of the, well, known senses.

Clocking The Speed Of Thought

In any case first you should start by defining and proving the existence of demons, and there is no consensus there...

As for reincarnation I would like it to be possible but I do not believe in it (especially in the terms that individuality would be preserved).

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Hindus believing in reincarnation is not same as a small girl talking about her family in previous life. That does not happen. It is a very rare occurrence.

An outsider may think that such story may be commonplace in India - but that is not true.

My point is a soul may remember previous life due a a very special set of circumstances. A soul is not supposed to remember previous life. The God's powers suppress such memories at the time of birth. A Yogi can see all his previous lives - but that is a different topic.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by jacobe001

Hindus believing in reincarnation is not same as a small girl talking about her family in previous life. That does not happen. It is a very rare occurrence.

An outsider may think that such story may be commonplace in India - but that is not true.

My point is a soul may remember previous life due a a very special set of circumstances. A soul is not supposed to remember previous life. The God's powers suppress such memories at the time of birth. A Yogi can see all his previous lives - but that is a different topic.

so what happened in this case, God was a wee bit busy?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Interesting that you asked that.

Do you remember your past life??

I have already written that a soul can recall past life/lives. Soul has lot of powers that are activated by pious actions.

You can recall your past life too if you can get over your sins.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Interesting that you asked that.

Do you remember your past life??

I have already written that a soul can recall past life/lives. Soul has lot of powers that are activated by pious actions.

You can recall your past life too if you can get over your sins.

dunno, just find it funny how sometimes people think they can understand God's actions- wasn't really an attack, just a gentle joke
edit on 13-4-2013 by Credenceskynyrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Just think of the ridicule society lobs at people who get up the courage to reveal information such as this, especially if there is no one left to substantiate what they are saying. I'm willing to bet that there are a plethora of cases out there that can be proven, yet people stay silent out of fear.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
This is not proof of a past life. This Shanti person may have been being fed information by another entity - ask older Catholic priests about this.. demons can give information to people at the speed of light. It may also be possible there is a scientific reason for this that's not yet understood.. perhaps some form of genetic memory passed down through generations. Either way, there is no way to prove this is reincarnation or something else.

Jesus Christ. Does everything have to be demons. Also if you read the op and comprehended what was being said try would know genetic memory can only work if they were blood related which they were not.

And incidentaly there is nothing to prove jesus existed or any other fairy tale in the bible. At least this story happened less than 100 yrs ago not 2000 yrs.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Please, enlighten to me as to how this proves anything. It doesn't. It's an interesting story, but that's it. There are many child-actors, and many of them are/were acting quite professionally at the age of 9 and even younger. Show me some solid scientific data or it's just hocus-pocus bull#. If you need to take someone's word as evidence/proof, then quite simply put, there is NO proof.

Edit: Furthermore, I fail to see how Mahatma Gandhi's involvement makes this any more legitimate. I guess racism against black people is legitimate too then, since he was an avid bigot in South Africa in his 20's.

Reminds me of Kumare. It looks real. It feels real. It's spiritual... And most importantly, it's bull# that requires people who can be deceived by a magical worldview to believe.

edit on 13-4-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

what you are referring to my friend, is Omnicient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and eternal. This video is very logical in its thinking. I know that god is more than that.God binds every cell and and every quark together.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

What kind of evidence do you need to say that the story is "genuine"?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is not a case of genetic memories passed down through generations. At least not in this case.

Geese, some of you people clearly do not read the information provided at all, do you?

This girl was able to contact her husband who was still alive...and lived 160 miles away.
Please read the info and consider the logic before you post. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I'm very skeptical of this reincarnation account due to the interviews I read at the link you provided.

theunexplainedmysteries.com...

Shanti Devi explicitly mentions seeing Krishna, a Hindu deity, during her alleged interval in an afterlife situation between when she claims to have died previously and before her rebirth as Shanti.

Whenever somebody brings up a terrestrial religious figure in an account of an afterlife it calls it into question immediately to me. I do not believe there is any more evidence this Krishna figure ever existed than there is for western religious figures like Jesus.

I won't completely dismiss this account. Shanti may have been too influenced by her previous terrestrial life and misidentified somebody or something else she saw in this alleged afterlife as Krishna, or I may be completely wrong and Krishna may truly exist.

However as a result her account does not do much for me. I prefer the reincarnation story of Arthur Flowerdew who claimed to have lived in the ancient city of Petra in a previous existence. I don't recall his story mentioning specific deities. He just claimed to have been alive once and then alive again. Although even his story lacks anything regarding physical proof. Its about as good as I've found for the subject.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

not true, about the existence of Jesus, whether you take him to be son of God or not

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

This case seems to be distorted or "taken advantage of" by India's awful pundit system.

The "pundits" (priests) are responsible for thoroughly distorting our ancient religion for profit motives.

The interview quoted by you seems fictitious. I have not read the book but there may be lot of distortions in the book.

Shanti Devi case may be genuine but the accounts of her as published may not be.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

When you start attacking the person, and then start demanding physical evidence for something that clearly would transcend all that is physical, it's clear that your argument is weak. No offense.

Especially when you bring up supposed racism of Mahatma Gandhi (guess what? The only evidence we have that he was racist came from anecdotal accounts which mainly come from people with a grudge against him, and even if he WAS racist, you must have missed the fact that most people back then were racist to some varying degrees). You bring it up to discredit a highly spiritual man who helped changed India and gave men like Martin Luther King Jr. the impetus to peacefully resist a failing system of racism and segregation? Just what have you done, sir?

Oh that's right. You're on a thread using a comedy documentary to suggest that all spirituality is bogus, with an avatar where you put Carl Sagan's face over Jesus's.

Congratulations, I'm sure you've made the world an incrementally better place.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join