It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shanti Devi - The Only Fully Explained and Proven Case of Reincarnation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It's a good case but here's the question I have on reincarnation. There is only a finite number of humans that have ever been alive. It's about 56 billion people going by what science has discovered so far. Currently there are 7 billion people alive and that number is growing. That means that on average each of us has had 8 past lives, but that number is falling. By the year 2300 it's estimated that half of all human beings that have ever lived will be alive at that moment. Each person can have only had 1 past life at that point.

Because of the exponential growth of the worlds population, this means very few people should have had multiple past lives, and that there would also be an exponential increase in new souls also being created somehow rather than us all having that 8 past life average.

Where this trips me up on the whole thing is there are many people out there claiming to have the ability to access a persons past life somehow through hypnosis, psychic abilities, or any other method. In these cases there are never incidents of individuals without past lives being discovered. Everyone always has some. If reincarnation is true, and it's possible to get access to those memories, shouldn't there then be a lot of incidents of looking for a persons past life where nothing is found?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I seem to have memories of being a field mouse among grass; and being happily quite content

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This may be the only case where with such official involvement, but there have been a number of almost identical cases over the years. I remember some ATS members talking about a show that was done some years ago about a little boy with similar experiences, and I seem to recall that everything he said checked out as well. And I know I have read of the same thing occurring multiple times. It is quite perplexing to say the least, and even when it conflicts with one's belief system I think it is important not to simply dismiss something like this as a probable hoax. Too many people do that with too many different subjects. I have never really believed in reincarnation myself, and even I can admit that something does appear to be going on that is beyond scientific explanation with our current level of understanding.

Another important thing I should say...Since so many people are Christians in the modern world, they are quick to dismiss the idea of reincarnation because they do not believe it to be a tenet of their faith. In my opinion, and the opinion of some scholars, they would be incorrect. While the Bible does not come right out and confirm that reincarnation exists, it is alluded to in many different passages and verses. For instance, the talk about Moses and Elijah appearing before the second coming, as well as Jesus saying John was Elijah, and that he possessed the spirit of Elijah, etc. There are others as well. The only interpretation that makes any sense after truly studying them is that they were referring to reincarnation.

In fact, one of three things must be true, and this is straight from scripture: either John the Baptist was Elijah reincarnated, or Jesus was not the Messiah, or the Old Testament was simply wrong. If you do not feel like looking it up, to sum it up basically Elijah had to come before the Messiah. John denied being Elijah, but Jesus said he was. There are different theories as to why John denied this, but the most plausible is that he did not posses the actual physical memories of Elijah. Or that is the most plausible from the spiritual point of view. Others would say the most plausible is that none of this ever happened, which is really just as ridiculous as they claim the opposite view to be.
edit on 4/12/13 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Awesome story. I also like the one about a little boy that remembers being in WWII ( I think ). Amazing stuff. I am not a biblical scholar by any means but isnt there something about end times when the hall of souls is empty? I would be interested to see the math on that.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WesternIowaParanormal
Awesome story. I also like the one about a little boy that remembers being in WWII ( I think ). Amazing stuff. I am not a biblical scholar by any means but isnt there something about end times when the hall of souls is empty? I would be interested to see the math on that.

That point will occur when 50%+1 humans that have ever existed are alive at that point. Right now 56 billion people have ever lived and there's a world population of 7 billion. At the current rate of exponential population growth barring a massive die off, it's expected to happen around 2300 if I remember right.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Interesting story. Though I don't see why reincarnation always has to be related to a "soul". What are memories? Basically information about the past. Information can never be destroyed, only moved or changed. "Past lives" could just as easily be a person reabsorbing old information(In this case memories), then a "soul" reborn in a new body.

As for the population exceeding half of all humans that ever lived, in 2300. Sorry to say, but unless we find or develop a fuel source that's as easy to turn into energy as oil(It won't last forever), we won't be able to get food to everyone that's alive today, let alone an extra 10 or 20 billion people, so we really won't need to worry about that.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I have a cool theory for you, that shows why it can never be fully explained nor proven.

What if...the "past life" information was given to the girl by malevolent aliens (religious types call 'demons'), in order to fool us all into believing in something that may not exactly be true?

And the rest are coincidences set up to add to the allure?

Just rolling devil's advocate.
And reminding everyone to question everything.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Also if psychic phenomena exists ....

Than she could have just picked up latent psychic wave patterns that were floating around near her.

Just saying, there are many alternative explanations besides reincarnation.
edit on 12-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

That's a good point. Back when she was young there weren't many 'new age' charlatan authors writing bogus books to scam naive people out of money. And obviously there weren't any reality TV shows, so fame and money couldn't have been motives.

It seems pretty pointless to make up something like this just for the hell of it if there is no ulterior motive.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Memories encoded into the DNA that has been passed down through the generations, is my supposition.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Honestly I am open to the idea of reincarnation but I am inclined to not accept the 'memories of past lives'. I dont discount it, but it seems less likely.

The reason being that memory is very clearly stored in neurons. you can cut out specific memories from someone. Now it is possible that there is another type of 'soul memory' , but it seems more likely to me that there would not be duplicate memory systems.

I dont discount the idea of genetic memory, however we have not witnessed any process that writes new data to DNA over the course of a lifetime - to me the idea of genetic memory is limited to something that was placed there when we were 'engineered' (if that was what happened)

Of course this shouldnt be confused with evolved 'genetic memories' AKA 'instincts'. Such as recognising the shape of a snake as a thing that should be paid serious attention, colour associations, feelings about food, fire, etc.
edit on 12-4-2013 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2013 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

You are assuming that humans will reincarnate as humans.
If cross-species reincarnate is possible, this argument will not hold good.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMate
Memories encoded into the DNA that has been passed down through the generations, is my supposition.

Information encoded into DNA is basically evolution. I've never heard of evolution that can happen from parent to child. That would be a little too quick. Unless of course it's some kind of human inflicted mutation, like what happened with Thalidomide. But that isn't really evolution.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

The soul is a separate entity from your body. The body perishes but soul is immortal.

The soul is the commander of the body as well as imprisoned by the body. Your desires, hunger, anger, pain etc. is experienced by your soul. Your mind is just a computer; not too different from a man-made one. It allows soul to hear and see etc - basically a processor of information.

A soul remembers its experiences of innumerable years in different bodies. Every experience is imprinted permanently.

However you do not find a man or woman who remembers past lives barring this exceptional case? Why?

The first basic reason is that it is very rare that the next birth is a human. The Veda tell us of 8.4 million species existing in this Creation and a soul cycles through these species (of animals and plants) due to sins committed. Out of these 8.4 million species, only humans have the capability to express, an animal cannot tell what he was in previous life.

Second basic reason is that previous experience are suppressed by God's powers. This is so so that humans can act freely as God has intended for humans. Any past memories weigh very heavily on the mind (mostly bad).

Purer souls can recall their past. This happens by power of meditation.

The case described by you is rare. She must have been a pious lady and she must have died an un-natural death. So she got one more chance as a human being immediately after.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Maybe the soul is capable of forgetting these memories. If it takes your soul 100 years to be reincarnated you might not remember the past life anymore but in this girls case she was reincarnated instantly and thus she remembers.
Just imagine if the family that the girl can remember had all died already, and the house had changed with time passing by. She would look like a fool because everything would have changed and there would be no family members to interrogate her to make sure her memories are real. That is what would happen if you were reincarnated 150 years later. This girl was sent back in a hurry.

Perhaps the time it takes is different for everyone.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I was thinking how India belief system with reincarnation is, thinking they're trying to push
their beliefs on others maybe, so more people would be attracted, just like any other religion.

Another thing, chances of memories matching with other people, have to remember
we as people are very common with jobs, hobbies and (people dieing in common ways)
what not, and someone trying to match up memories with someone else's
out of a couple of million people, there are high chances.

I like the idea of reincarnation, if people think its possible, there would be to many people?
or what forget what argument it was against it.

What if we are nothing but a container, and we hold multiple consciousness's/souls or what
not, hence why all the thoughts we have, like people who are labeled schizophrenia, multiple
personality disorder, they might have another entity/soul/cons inside of them misdirecting
their lives or causing problems, while other people claim it helps them. Thats why some people
appear crazier than others, hence why big pharma thinks these people need to be medicated
all the time, funny side effect i always notice is causes death. Some schizos claim that voices
are always telling them to kill themselves? can you imagine if they're infested with something
evil/bad entity/spirit/cons? Imagine being in another container you have no control over, being
very disgruntled, thinking kill yourself to get it over with more quicker since this driver
has no idea whats he/she is doing?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by aerial
What if we are nothing but a container, and we hold multiple consciousness's/souls or what
not, hence why all the thoughts we have, like people who are labeled schizophrenia, multiple
personality disorder, they might have another entity/soul/cons inside of them misdirecting
their lives or causing problems, while other people claim it helps them.

Not sure if schizophrenia and MPD are proof of reincarnation, but it's an interesting thought nonetheless. Ever notice how some people with mental illnesses are extremely creative?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by aerial

God is universal. God's laws (what you call religion) are universal too.

When I say universal, means applicable to all life in the Universe.

It does not matter what I says or what Indians says, or what you say.

The most important thing is to realize that there is one God, that is the reason for this creation.

There is no Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism etc. God did not create any of these religions.

People commit horrible sins due to ignorance and then the soul suffers for millions of years in lower life forms (like animals). God's justice is irrefutable and inescapable.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Looks to me that they were both possessed by the same demon.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by aerial

You must realize that you are the soul. Your body is the container. The living part is your soul. Your body is just a machine like any other machine built by humans; but extremely sophisticated and complex as it is designed by God.

Your consciousness is in your soul. However this consciousness is useless without the body. The body is given by God to the soul so that it can perform actions as well as suffer punishment due to previous actions.

Yogi is able to recall his soul's experiences even millions of years before this life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join