It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Gun Control Really Means

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by Infernalis
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Thanks for this. Some of the replies here are saddening. It's like they are lounging on train tracks in a folding beach chair sunning themselves in the light of the state with a nazi death train barreling toward them, and they are complaining that you are warning them to get off the tracks!

The government would go absolutely broke if they had to hire the amount of people required to go to every registered gun owner, search their house, and retrieve their guns in person.

Its simple math. There is simply no way to physically go and confiscate that many guns no matter what you do. And we all know that the people will not simply hand them over, registered or not. We also know that a vast number of people will not even bother to register their weapons, I wouldn't since nobody even knows I have any.

No matter how you try and construct this argument, it just is not possible, in the short term, to get guns out of American society.

Any plan that any secret organization has for global domination will have to inclued an armed American populace. Now that is certainly possible and far more easy to accomplish than trying to remove guns from people who don't want to give them up.

I certainly hope you are right! I just don't have much faith in hope. It's nice to hope for the best. There are plenty of unmarked graves filled with humans who hoped for the best. I think I'll stick with preparing for the worst. At least if I'm wrong there is no harm done. If you and those who support your stance on the situation are wrong, however... Not so much!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Hopechest

With a gun registration list the gov't could freeze your bank accounts until you turned yourself in - because now you are a criminal - if you haven't turned your registered guns over to the gov't gestapo.

Cyprus couldn't believe their bank accounts could be looted, did they?

Ok and what do you do about the millions of guns people don't register?

Also how do you get the States to amend the the 2nd amendment, because if you don't the government cannot simply take your guns?

That alone would cause the very thing they are trying to prevent by taking your guns in the first place.

Do you see the problem here? The government would want your guns to prevent any armed resistance yet that is exactly what they are going to get if they directly violate the second amendment.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

reply to post by 727Sky

Look and see what's happening in Colorado. Their forever "nudging". Did all of the liberals from California move out to Denver and start voting?

Look at the number of firearms dealers and manufacturers who are having to move out of states that are "nudging" ever so slowly toward nullifying the 2nd amendment.

They will not stop. We need to be aware.

We are in agreement I assure you.. Law abiding citizens are exactly that they obey laws. If a law was passed tomorrow (can't happen but if) there would be a large segment of gun owners in America who would turn them in. There would also be those who would become instant criminals and considered some kind of home grown terrorist by the news media and government. History would be the judge of who was right

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Also how do you get the States to amend the the 2nd amendment, because if you don't the government cannot simply take your guns?

Oh they can't can they?

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, Police Superintendent P. Eddie Compass unleashed a wave of confiscations with these chilling words:
"No one will be able to be armed. We will take all weapons. Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns."

Thousands of firearms were then confiscated from law-abiding gun owners. The police gave no paperwork or receipts for those guns. They just stormed in and seized them.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Obozocare - another "registration" vehicle of this administration. If you are taking, or have ever taken, a psychotropic medication - you can't have a gun. If you do have a gun, you are a criminal, and we will have to confiscate it.

See the thread on Maryland man taking anti-anxiety meds has gun confiscated.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Video: Democrat Admits Obama Agenda Is Total Gun Ban
“Pointing out a sign held by a protester which read, “stop gun ban!,” Martinez remarked, “someone needs to inform him that there is no gun ban currently, but because of the work we’re doing here today, we will make your sign legitimate shortly, so you hang on to that.” The crowd cheered as Martinez made his vow.”

Democratic Austin City Council member and potential next mayor Mike Martinez admitted during a speech that the Obama administration’s long term gun control agenda is focused on banning firearms altogether.

www.infowars.com...

agenda!

edit on 10-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Take their guns off them.... They're dangerous, often in the wrong hands, and people get killed.
Guns have one purpose, killing people. A civilised ( ? ) society should 'nt need them.

Peace, man.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

There are responsible adults in the world - they can be trusted to use a knife, a chain-saw, a tooth-pick - and even a gun - in a trustworthy manner.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

With respect, Happy1, how do you use a gun in a " Trustworthy manner " If you never use it, you don't need it.

There is no trustworthy manner with guns. In the heat of the moment, our primitive urges override our reasoning abilities, and people die.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

Take their guns off them.... They're dangerous, often in the wrong hands, and people get killed.
Guns have one purpose, killing people. A civilised ( ? ) society should 'nt need them.

Peace, man.

Then what your saying is, we need to shut down U-haul or stop manufacturing box van type vehicles and all fertilizer producing animals need to Stop Producing &hit and of-course there is that little American pass time of Hot Rods and Racing Cars,,,, So all high octane fuel, I think that's 100 + octane also used in some aircraft needs to be tightly regulated or just stop producing it.
Because:

There is no trustworthy manner with guns. In the heat of the moment, our primitive urges override our reasoning abilities, and people die.

That's Just Bull &hit!
edit on 11-4-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Guchua, I bet you own a gun ?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Primitive urges - are you a monkey? Do you need a padded box, in case you get an urge? There's lots of things in anyone's kitchen that could kill someone.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Yes, but it is a lot easier, and spontaneous with a gun, in the heat of the moment,
don't you think ?
edit on 11-4-2013 by MrJohnSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

A knife you could pull out of a drawer, brandish it, and then plunge. A gun, you have to get out of a safe place, load it, turn the safety off, point and aim, and then fire (knowing in full well it is a safe shot, and that it won't richocie off a hard surface, or hit someone you love who may be standing behind the intended target).

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

This is true, Happy 1, but if nobody had guns, it would be one less means of inflicting death
available to the citizen ?

With a gun you are not likely to come off worst. With a knife, you might well come off worst,
and, unlike shooting someone, a remote action, could you physically plunge a knife into someone ?
A different act altogether, I would think..
( Or risk having the same knife used on you. )

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I'm a woman. I can handle a gun, like you can handle a keypad. If a large man is breaking into my house to harm me, I'm going to have a gun to shoot him - dead if I can. If he's breaking into my house, you can bet I'm not his first victim, but I hope I am his last.

"Don't come in, I've got a knife" vs. "I've got a gun and I'm going to shoot you."

There's a lot of monkeys out there with primitive urges, that are much bigger than I am.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Your repetitive comments of “so, is the Government going to just go around and confiscate all the guns from millions of homes? Blah, blah, blah…”
--are quite frankly, grating and incredibly naïve.

They would/will only do that if they want a Civil War. Who is to say they don't?
Maybe they think disarming the people before the dollar collapses would be a smart idea.

You sure as hell are not privy to the intel they would have with regards to what's possibly coming this way in the short-term future.

But back on point:

Here is a just rough skeletal outline of a scenario for you, and I would “Hope” that your imagination could flesh out the rest.

Q:
Are you currently taking medicine for depression, Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors, anti-anxiety, or any other form of psychotropic prescription medications?

Yes?
You have 60 days to turn in your firearms.

So you won't comply, eh?
Fine. We will have one of our 40,000 newly-hired IRS agents within the ObamaCare Adminstrative Division put a lien on your property. Interest will accrue on the base penalty fee of $250 at the rate of 4.5% per diem.
Oh, and have a nice day!

Combine that with selective, sporadic enforcment in the beginning, on thoughtfully-targeted, struggling middle-class people with families to feed and wha-la.
Take it from there.

~E.C.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

P.S. I also have loud dogs.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

Peace, man.

You call this society civilized?

Read the news lately?

People do all sorts of sick things all the time!

They rape, they rob, they butcher and harm?

What is standing between you and those people?

The police?

The police who consistently knock down the wrong door and kill innocent people?

Some sicko breaks in your house looking to rape your wife and daughter?

What's to stop him?

A box cutter, a club, mace?

What if it was three men with box cutters, clubs, and mace?

Then what?

They tie you up and have their way?

Then what?

You think this type of thing doesn't happen?

Take a look around!

Society isn't civilized!

It's predicated on violence!

Everything is violence!

Money is violence, food is violence, laws are violence!

Why do people commit violence?

Is it inherent?

Is it a byproduct of scarcity?

I can't answer those questions!

I can tell you that my right to protect myself from it doesn't come from the state.

And that any attempt to separate me from that right is an act of violence.

Guns save lives every day in the right hands.

They are tools!

Honestly, it's easier to get guns illegally.

I know this!

They flow like blood on the street, and are easily in the reach of the wrong hands.

I know this.

I've never been a criminal, I value my freedom and nothing is worth jeopardizing it.

We can contemplate the root causes and manifestations of violence...

But that isn't going to stop it when it comes for you?

Would the world be safer if all the guns where erased?

Perhaps, but it isn't possible.

Would it be safer if nobody needed to rob to eat, in desperate financial situations.

Situations that get worse for everyday people, every day, as we spiral further into financial uncertainty.

If all human needs where met for all humans, would that help?

Is that possible?

I'd like to think so, but it's not probable.

What is terrorism? What happened to the threat of terrorism?

Haven't we been exacerbating that situation just a little bit?

Wasn't that the excuse for all this paranoia and fear that has driven us to give up our rights?

Now we need to be afraid of each other because more and more attention is drawn to the chance of some freak lashing out, and people think we need less means to protect ourselves?

My mind is blown, I just can't follow that train of thought whatsoever?

Who's hands are the wrong hands?

Who's hands are the right hands?

Who gets to play god and make that decision while our lives are on the line?

Is it you?

Is it me?

Nope!

It's the same scumbags who run the rackets that rob and manipulate us every time?

You trust that?

I don't!

Your choice could leave me dead.

Who decides?
edit on 4/11/13 by Infernalis because: No Knock Raids

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3mperorConstantinE

Who is to say they don't?

Ding Ding Ding!

Million dollar question!!!