It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Wriggles Rat's Tail Using Only His Thoughts: Brain to Brain Interface

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

How interesting is? Scientists linked a man's brain to a rat's brain, the first example of a brain-to-brain interface.

In the latest example of a mind-meld, researchers employed noninvasive techniques to link the brains of a human and a rat. The man had electrodes stuck onto his scalp that picked up brain-wave activity. The rat was placed in a machine that focused ultrasound pulses through its skull to its brain, and was anesthetized so that it would not wriggle its head during the experiment.

The volunteer had a video screen placed in front of him that displayed a flickering pattern of light. If he paid attention to the screen, his brain waves would synchronize with the strobe light. If he looked away, or even if he looked at it while thinking of something else, his brain waves would not synchronize with the light flickers. When the man focused on the flickering pattern, that action signaled the ultrasound to stimulate the part of the sleeping rat's brain responsible for moving its body. In response, the rodent flicked its tail. The interface was accurate 94 percent of the time, with a time delay of only about 1.6 seconds from the moment the man initiated his intent to the rat tail's wiggling.

This is just the beginning. How far will this technology go? I can foresee linking human brains to animal brains to use animals as spies or even combatants. Or linking humans to humans for pretty much the same thing. Kindy creepy when you think about it.

What do you think, ATS? What ways can you imagine using this technology?

Source

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

What do you think, ATS? What ways can you imagine using this technology?

Once everyone is chipped this could be used to install artficial? omnipresence into anyone hooked up to the interface.

CCTV could be a thing of the past, and perhaps even human-animal, human-human connections pretty much like in the movie avatar only with wifi instead of tails.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

And from that, becomes the...
Depopulation agenda.

If they can just tweak it a little more, then we will be in the matrix.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yikes.

When I watch Sci-Fi it is always "The Borg" (hive mentality linked human machine hybrids) that frighten me
the most.

It looks like we may end up as my own worst nightmare. We are scarcely a generation away from
becoming genetically-enhanced bio-mechanical human hybrids. If we begin to link our brains
together...that's it...I'm outta here on the first transport off this planet...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Happen to think you may be referring to something, though a well kept secret, is already going on....certainly your own avatar supports that probability. As usual if we are discussing the "new" tech now, it's probably long ago been here, and in us. We are likely avatars for rent right now.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Yes, the ole avatar/username is quite fitting for this thread.

I think your right that It's a possibility thay we could already be using this tech, if not, we soon will be. What for? Who knows, but the concept in the demolition man vid I posted is definatly on the cards.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

"What ways can you imagine using this technology?"

Surrogates meets WoW: Biblical Expansion Pack: Rev 13

Who will login as the 666th user?

This is a mad world.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Hi Smylee,

Whilst i think is a totally stunning advancement and the beneficial uses are plentiful, i can't help feeling that we will only see this sort of technology for social control reasons. For example, can't you just imagine the Police loving this sort of thing......"move along people"........only to find your legs tramping off of their own accord......

On the other hand, maybe i am just having a tin foil hat day!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I could probably make a rat wiggle it's tail by hanging a little cheese in front of it.
Next they are going to figure this out and require miniature circuitry installed in our brains when born so control freaks can control our every action. Technically we will not be slaves since they created what we are and we would have no free will.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by tetra50

Yes, the ole avatar/username is quite fitting for this thread.

I think your right that It's a possibility thay we could already be using this tech, if not, we soon will be. What for? Who knows, but the concept in the demolition man vid I posted is definatly on the cards.

What for? Why, for complete control and domination of every living thing....I should think that obvious. To make us all "one" because that's the one feeding and present in our mind....

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

"What ways can you imagine using this technology?"

Surrogates meets WoW: Biblical Expansion Pack: Rev 13

Who will login as the 666th user?

This is a mad world.

In complete and total agreement with you there, Bleeep. Thank you for elucidating that so concisely.
second line.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
If I say to my cat ''wag your tail' his doe's. The first time he did it, I couldn't believe my eye's. He doe's it everytime I ask him now. I can request a big wag or a little wag!... soo funny! Never tried asking a rat though! lol

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

That's pretty amazing. And that's what they CAN show us. Just imagine how far along they already are.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Hey OP,
I posted about this a couple weeks back:
Human Brain to Rat Brain Interfacing

It's ground breaking but its still Super Crude. It's like the creation of the first wheel, which was probably made of stone or wood and took thousands of years to become what we have today. Or the creation of the Abacus, which took thousands of years to become calculators and computers.

That 1.6 second delay sucks. I predict that they will find a consciousness interfacing mechanism that exists in the brain already or can be entered into the brain. Something like synthetic neurons based on nano-tech made in the lab with built-in wifi interfacing or something similar.

The thing is, consciousness interfacing already exists in the brain. We just have to figure out what it is and expand on it.

1 way to do it, is to link various proteins, neurons, microtubules, DNA, or other aspects of the brain, in a separate petri dish where it can thrive and has electrical links to a random number generator ....and keep experimenting until the person has 100% control over the generator just by thought alone, without the crude connections.

This is the next step. I'm sure Apple, Google, or the US Gov are already deep into figuring this all out anyway

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I promise I did a search. Ah, well.

Mods, do your thang!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by dominicus

I promise I did a search. Ah, well.

Mods, do your thang!

Thats fine OP. Here's a bit different because the Tail was wriggled. I didn't see that in my post, so its all the same relevant.

LEt's keep it up any way. It adds detail to the collective knowledge base.

Star n flag

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Hey OP,
I posted about this a couple weeks back:
Human Brain to Rat Brain Interfacing

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join