It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army Instructor: Beware Religious Extremism of Evangelicals, Roman Catholics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
www.breitbart.co m

In addition to Al Qaeda, the instructor also equated Evangelical and Catholic "extremism" with that of Hamas, Sunni Muslims, the Nation of Islam, and the Ku Klux Klan.

So what are these examples of Evangelical and Catholic 'extremism' that is supposedly on par with the KKK and Hamas??? Once in a while a nutter will claim to be a fundamentalist and do something crazy .. like one shot an abortion doctor .... but where are all these extremism examples that are found on a scale like is found with Hamas or the Klan??

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by STARTRUTH49

They tend to judge the world as they are unable to change. Why don't you all go read the 10 commandments, Thou shall NOT judge. What is wrong with all of you, that is the fundamentalist Christians that say everyone and everything is evil, well much of what you call evil and satanists were in fact made by God, What is wrong with you all ????

really "thou shalt not judge" is one of the ten commandments now? when did this get slipped in and what did it replace?

it's obvious that this "instructor" has some rather personal problems/views on religion, wonder if he is an adherent to the religion of "anti-religion", and is a "fundamentalist" type about it? i did notice that he seems to have left out the non-religious terrorist type groups like PeTA, and other tree huger "environmentalist" terrorists. such groups that commit "terrorist acts" such as spiking trees to harm and kill loggers and the like.

as NavyDoc said

Nutjobs come in all shapes and sizes: theist, non theist, gay, straight, black and white.
religion is not the only thing that causes people to do nasty things but ANY BELIEF in ANYTHING taken to the extreme can cause this, by making a persons particular outlook on something matter more than anyone or anything else. it is simply wrong to try to pin the blame on religion. anyone who believes in anything strongly enough can become a "terrorist".

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think this is a very sensible approach, and I say that as a believer in Christ. Indoctrination is indoctrination, no matter which liar preaches it, or which book he preaches from. Those who require, desire, and seek Gods truth, will find it, with or without the assistance of some self appointed shepherd.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

Well im glad you brought it up. People have just had enough of these people calling everyone evil and so on, now others are just venting and why cant they. They are expressing things that have remained suppressed within themselves. We could also bring up the past and show the world the truth of what was and is done in the name of religion.
Whom gives anyone the right to force their belief on anyone ! It should be against the law, people have free choice and no matter what you say, free choice is exactly what organised religion took away from humanity. There is a prediction that will come to pass who knows when. It is said that when governments and religions start freeing the minds (souls) of men only then would the second coming manifest. So we can see this happening in the world, people are questioning and finding other truths. Its not that Christianity is wrong or bad its the Dogma (wikki it !) and some of those that hold people in fear.

As far as the Catholics are concerned, if these big mistakes were made in the past as evidence now suggests, then WHY not apologies and fix what was wronged? No they rather carry on with the deception. The prediction made said it all " the light of truth will be the fall of the church !" I have nothing against ordinary catholic people, some of my friends and family are catholic, stop with the lies and the Dogma, that's all. the it could be an amazing religion, but until then its not!

edit on 8-4-2013 by STARTRUTH49 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
recognize opposition

label opposition

(eta- if necessary expose scandal, or insert false flag event here )
demonize label

do to label what you will

no one will complain because it was such a nasty label

incrementally advance football downfield towards goal

Like that protestant poem about being the past people left standing in Nazi germany..First they came for them...then they came for me...etc

"divide and conqure" based on stuff that is irrelevant to reality
edit on 8-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

For years is been a cover up of what actually fundamentalism within religious groups on the US are all about, we get to hear about middle east terrorism and Islam extremist, because is all over the news, but nobody writes about the "Soldier of God groups" and many other names like that are about in the US.

But at the same time, I can deal with Christian radicalism better than Islam any time.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

They are every where, because is not about democracy or politics neither bombing or killing at least no in way you can point your finger on it, is about how to get away eroding Americas freedom and the constution that is the ony thing between them and a completely reconstruction of Americas way of life and a full blown theocracy

Because most of us are not aware how this groups work we are just like sheep to them, while the propaganda of the so call real "terrorism" that comes from the middle east keep us blind of their works behind the government scenes.

Sad but truth.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
recognize opposition

label opposition

(eta- if necessary expose scandal, or insert false flag event here )
demonize label

do to label what you will

no one will complain because it was such a nasty label

incrementally advance football downfield towards goal

Like that protestant poem about being the past people left standing in Nazi germany..First they came for them...then they came for me...etc

"divide and conqure" based on stuff that is irrelevant to reality
edit on 8-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

or...just produce evidence of the truth. sometimes using the KISS (keep it simple stupid) method is quite effective

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Please name off all “extreme” christen groups that kill in the name of Christ or hate in the name of Christ.

And that pycho Baptist group that pickets funerals don’t count. There a cult.

Bonus points for pulling up articles where a person killed someone in the name of Jesus.
edit on 8-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I don't much like evangelicals. They're dangerous, crazy, and protected.
Bad combination.

Really? I don't much like the human condition, any belief, any stance, any group. I consider every single human being has within them the potential to be dangerous, crazy, and protected.

I tend to agree with the goofy army guy, but not in so much that I would place them above well known violent and organised groups who openly declare bloodshed and war on those who they feel oppose them.

I don't know if you realize this, but America was built with the tenet of Freedom of Religion. It has always been an unalienable right and foundation of this country even if you are against all religions, it is still a right that creates checks and balances in a Republic.

When you see the Gov start grouping all Religious groups in with "Al - C.I-Ada" and a having a instruction manual such as this in general, is when we have reached a very dangerous and scary precipice. TBH, I am shocked and never thought I would live to see this day, when the Gov is outright coming after and against all the main/major Religions that exist within its borders.

But yeah, I see how it can be. the mindset of a believer is the mindset of someone who has given themselves to a cause. Entirely.

Opposed to what? Have you not given yourself to a cause as well? Everyone gives themselves to a cause, whether its religious, government, science, status quo, or the cause of egotism which is all about "Me, Me, Me, Me"..."Entirely"

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You nailed it, as usual Danbones.

Stalin and Mao are at the top of the list for Democide,
and according to Google Obama is taking heat for his use of drone killings.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This mindset /mentality from the Army is troubling when you couple this new revelation from an instructor with the labeling of the Ft. Hood shooting as an act of "workplace violence" rather than the act of terrorism that it was. Nevermind the fact that the Ft. Hood terrorist and self proclaimed "soldier of Allah" shouted "Allahu Akbar" before he opened fire on his victims. Victims of "workplace violence" do not get purple hearts apparently.

Never thought as a Catholic that I would be compared to Hamas by our own military.

I would expect this type of nonsensical rhetoric to ooze out of the mouth of Big Sis Janet before ever hearing if from the Army. Wow!!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
What utter BS Evangelicals, and Catholics are not even in the same league as Al queda.

Meh

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
People has been sold the propaganda that fundamentalism is linked to terrorist and middle east names like Hamas and Alqueda that they are blind to the other ways that fundamentalism shows its ugly head, embeded into politics and corporate dictatorship

US is full of fundamentalism working behind the scenes to change the face of America while destroying the constitution.

The three branches of modern American Fundamentalism are:
Religious (you only get to heaven through our god, our way),
Economic (to not profit for yourself and your friends is a sin), and
Political (we are right about everything, and you are right about nothing)

But the Bible contains many things we now find repulsive and wrong, including slavery, selling your female children, and abandoning your family for god...
But all markets are not free - we can but shirts from India, China and Mexico, but not prescription drugs from Canada...
And one political party running everything and branding all others as traitors is called Fascism and/or Totalitarianism, but NEVER Democracy...

www.americanfundamentalists.com...

Just because fundamentalism in the US is no blowind themself off for their cause it doesn't mean is not alive and well and destroying this nation in many other ways.

Wan an example? the biggest is here in this thread when many seems to missunderstand what fundamentalism actually is with narrow minded views.

The Historical Roots of America's Christian Fundamentalism

www.sullivan-county.com...

How Christian fundamentalism feeds the toxic partisanship of US politics

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Notice that even in this thread, it's okay to call out Christians, but never Jews. See Jewish extremism, also known as Zionism, is swept under the rug and worshiped, and Christians, even while being persecuted, refuse to get off their knees. Billion a year spent to in foreign aid, thousands of troops lost, and nobody wants to talk about the Zionists.

Stop being such cowards Christians.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is much more worst and dangerous than any Alqueda and Hamas, at least we know our enemies in the middle east and within Islam, when it comes to Christian fundamentalism in the US they know how to hide very well like cowards they are while destroying America with delivered created division.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yeah well I don't see Catholics,or Evangelical's flying planes in to buildings, getting in to vehciles laden with explosives, or go around beheading people these days.

See Al queda doing all those things.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bioshock

Stop you say. Not until Christians stop Judging everybody. Not until you stop calling everybody Satanists, Evil and the antichrist. Remove your own darkness from your eye before you try move the shadow in mine

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bioshock

Like I say they hide behind agendas that they sell to the public for the good of the nation, but what can you expect when everything been told to the masses is that fundamentalism is linked to terrorism and something that is from foreign lands like the middle east.

Fundamentalism in America is very much in power and making sure they erode one piece at a time what we all Americans hold dear, our freedoms.

Every time that our nations congress try to dissect the Constitution with bills and laws to take away freedoms is nothing but fulled by fundamentalism behind the bills and laws and lots of dirty money.

fundamentalism comes with many names and hide in many places in power where they can destroy our nation the most.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
I guess the US Government is now against all religions outside of Obama worship..
When you dont like hearing the Truth , turn it into an Anti-Obama Thread.

As usual, the Reading Comprehension on this site is Boggling.
The Sarge is talking about Extremes in the Christian and Catholic Church.
Not Mom and Pop average Religeous folks. And he is Correct.
Seeing Pastors crying out for the Murder of Innocents People because they are of a Different Religon, is Standard Practice nowadays.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join