U.S. Army Instructor: Beware Religious Extremism of Evangelicals, Roman Catholics

page: 1
17
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

U.S. Army Instructor: Beware Religious Extremism of Evangelicals, Roman Catholics


www.breitbart.co m

A U.S. Army training instructor giving a training brief on "extremism" to an Army Reserve unit in Pennsylvania has labeled Evangelical Christianity and Roman Catholicism as examples of religious extremism right alongside Al Qaeda.

In addition to Al Qaeda, the instructor also equated Evangelical and Catholic "extremism" with that of Hamas, Sunni Muslims, the Nation of Islam, and the Ku Klux Klan.

When news of this leaked out, the Army was quick to say the instructor's position was not condoned by the U.S. military, and that the portions of the power-point slide show used to list Evan
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
www.examiner.com




posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
You can clearly see that the left hand no longer knows what the right hand does.. Evangelical Christianity was the number 1 item on the list above Hamas, KKK, and other sordid groups... Also Mormons, Jewish Ultra Orthodox, and Catholics, though they did not list the Jesuits. I guess the US Government is now against all religions outside of Obama worship.. The page of the slide show is attached on added links.. note that a Google news search does not even show Brietbart...

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-4-2013 by R_Clark because: mislink



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
More like "We are allowed to kill, they aren't".



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I don't much like evangelicals.

They're dangerous, crazy, and protected.

Bad combination.

I tend to agree with the goofy army guy, but not in so much that I would place them above well known violent and organised groups who openly declare bloodshed and war on those who they feel oppose them.

At least the stupids in the cults of christ are more noise than bombs.

But yeah, I see how it can be. the mindset of a believer is the mindset of someone who has given themselves to a cause. Entirely.



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
More like "We are allowed to kill, they aren't".


Well, if someone comes at you with a knife, are you going to sit there and ponder the subtle differences between god or allah before they thrust it into your neck, or are you going to shoot?

Eh?



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

My religion teaches me to be polite, caring, helpful, even humble, but it also teaches me that if anyone is to lay a hand on me, threaten me, stab or shoot me, even attempt kill me regardless of their affiliation, government or not to send them to the cemetary. But I guess thats called extremism though?
edit on 8-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I don't care whether a religious nutter carries a cross or a crescent, is a jew or a jihadist, or is a baptist or a babylonian - all religions generate nut cases because they all require absolute belief and faith - some sem more prone to generating nutters than others, but all do it sooner or later.

IMO the instructor should only be criticised for mentoining any religion in particular - IMO RC's are not particularly more inclined to violence than other x-ians.



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Roman Catholicism as examples of religious extremism right alongside Al Qaeda :S the Popes a Roman Catholic so is he now considered a terrorist? or ami reading it as a wrong meaning of the words Roman Catholicism?



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark
 


The future is coming it would seem, when mankind realises that religion was created by man to control the masses and realise that for centuries they have been brainwashed he can rise up against his oppressors
jolly good show I say.



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark

I guess the US Government is now against all religions outside of Obama worship..




All religions outside of Obama worship? lol

You sound pretty ignorant, to think that a) your little list covers 'all religions', and b) that any Obama worshipping is actually going on.

Evangelicals are like a cancer growing in the body of Christianity, imo.



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Oh? Shouldn't we all beware the religious extremism of Zionism? After all, we lose billions a year in "foreign aid" and thousands of troops fighting their holy wars.

Interesting, which Christian nations are we at war with again? Oh that's right, ourselves.



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by winofiend

My religion teaches me to be polite, caring, helpful, even humble, but it also teaches me that if anyone is to lay a hand on me, threaten me, stab or shoot me, even attempt kill me regardless of their affiliation, government or not to send them to the cemetary. But I guess thats called extremism though?
edit on 8-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)


Christian religious extremists also teaches some to kill abortion doctors, bomb and set fire to hundreds of planned parenthood clinics, threatened atheists and harm gay people...so as far as religious extremists go, yeah they would be up on my list too



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by DarknStormy
More like "We are allowed to kill, they aren't".


Well, if someone comes at you with a knife, are you going to sit there and ponder the subtle differences between god or allah before they thrust it into your neck, or are you going to shoot?

Eh?




How many american Roman Catholics are coming at you with a knife? Almost 25% of Americans claim to be Catholic and it is the largest domination in the US. en.wikipedia.org...
25% of your fellow citizens are terrorist radicals? Only if you can get hurt at bingo.



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by R_Clark

I guess the US Government is now against all religions outside of Obama worship..




All religions outside of Obama worship? lol

You sound pretty ignorant, to think that a) your little list covers 'all religions', and b) that any Obama worshipping is actually going on.

Evangelicals are like a cancer growing in the body of Christianity, imo.
edit on 8-4-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)


really?...enough of the Obama-worship, messiah, anti-Christ-Obama...Christians sound bat-crap nutty when they say these phrases to represent the way the other side thinks of Obama...he's the president, and I have never heard anybody refer to him in any other terms, EXCEPT FOR THE RIGHT!
edit on 8-4-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
I don't care whether a religious nutter carries a cross or a crescent, is a jew or a jihadist, or is a baptist or a babylonian - all religions generate nut cases because they all require absolute belief and faith - some sem more prone to generating nutters than others, but all do it sooner or later.

IMO the instructor should only be criticised for mentoining any religion in particular - IMO RC's are not particularly more inclined to violence than other x-ians.


Nutjobs come in all shapes and sizes: theist, non theist, gay, straight, black and white.



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I don't think I would go as far as to call Roman Catholics terrorists just yet, but I do call MOST of them the biggest hypocrites to walk this planet.

But on the other hand, any large group of people who do not possess the ability to think independently and on their own do lack the ability to question what they are told to do, therefore could possibly be terrorists one day.

Oh, and some of the most evil people this world has ever seen have been popes. Popes have been responsible for mass murder and genocides many times, its just taught nor spoken about.



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark

U.S. Army Instructor: Beware Religious Extremism of Evangelicals, Roman Catholics


www.breitbart.co m

A U.S. Army training instructor giving a training brief on "extremism" to an Army Reserve unit in Pennsylvania has labeled Evangelical Christianity and Roman Catholicism as examples of religious extremism right alongside Al Qaeda.

In addition to Al Qaeda, the instructor also equated Evangelical and Catholic "extremism" with that of Hamas, Sunni Muslims, the Nation of Islam, and the Ku Klux Klan.

When news of this leaked out, the Army was quick to say the instructor's position was not condoned by the U.S. military, and that the portions of the power-point slide show used to list Evan
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
www.examiner.com


I do see the wisdom of this post now thank you for making people aware of the truth.

I would agree that we could tie them all together for they are one and the same consciousness. That is those that belong to an old paradigm, those that live in an old outdated world. Those that have auras that have crystalized in old thought without any chance of new change coming in. They cant change, they cant see others view points and they cant experience Divine love or light, because they are not open to it.

They tend to judge the world as they are unable to change. Why don't you all go read the 10 commandments, Thou shall NOT judge. What is wrong with all of you, that is the fundamentalist Christians that say everyone and everything is evil, well much of what you call evil and satanists were in fact made by God, What is wrong with you all ????



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx
 


Well that's Ok if your willing to stand there and get stabbed, shot or beaten to death, but I'd rather kill the SOB trying to do that to me.. Not because I'm a violent person, because I'd rather it him than me.



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
I don't think I would go as far as to call Roman Catholics terrorists just yet, but I do call MOST of them the biggest hypocrites to walk this planet.

But on the other hand, any large group of people who do not possess the ability to think independently and on their own do lack the ability to question what they are told to do, therefore could possibly be terrorists one day.

Oh, and some of the most evil people this world has ever seen have been popes. Popes have been responsible for mass murder and genocides many times, its just taught nor spoken about.


Like I said...you get jerks in every size, shape, and color. Several of the largest genocidal maniacs in history: Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot were athiests and athiests are not generally genocidal people. The ones I know are actually very nice.



posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
I don't think I would go as far as to call Roman Catholics terrorists just yet, but I do call MOST of them the biggest hypocrites to walk this planet.

Anti-Catholic much?
Do you read Jack Chick or something?

and some of the most evil people this world has ever seen have been popes. Popes have been responsible for mass murder and genocides many times, its just taught nor spoken about.

ahhh .. okay .... so that explains it. According to your ... um ... thinking .... the world and the catholic church are the same as they were 800 years ago and 1 billion catholics are all idiots. Got it.





new topics
top topics
 
17
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join