It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Students Develop ‘Rape-Prevention’ Underwear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
While I do see the need for something to be done, I'm not sure if this will prove to be safe or....

And I applaud the students for at least doing something when their own police and Govt. failed them.

newsfeed.time.com...

The underwear — dubbed Society Harnessing Equipment — features GPS technology (to alert the police) as well as pressure-activated electrodes “capable of sending shock waves of 3,800 kV” Manisha Mohan, one of the developers behind the product, told the Times of India. Read more: newsfeed.time.com...

Ok then...let's wrap up our private bits with GPS and electro shock tech. Anyone else see a problem with this? I mean what could possibly go wrong here?
Let's just hope that she remembers which side is in and which side is out in the morning.

“A person trying to molest a girl will get the shock of his life the moment pressure sensors get activated,” he told the newspaper. The GPS link and a cell phone transmitter would also send an SOS text to emergency services “as well as to parents of the girl,” she said. Read more: newsfeed.time.com...

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I figure there would be safety measures in place (so that you wouldn't shock yourself by accident, or somebody gets shocked unconscious for bumping into you somehow). Rape certainly is a problem in and around India, and I'm happy to see some of its brighter citizens taking the initiative and doing something.

Because clearly the government and law enforcement of India don't give enough of a damn about it themselves.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The underwear — dubbed Society Harnessing Equipment — features GPS technology (to alert the police) as well as pressure-activated electrodes “capable of sending shock waves of 3,800 kV” Manisha Mohanp

Stupid...

What happens if there is more than one attacker..?

It goes from rape to murder.

Just make Carry Conceal easier to obtain, in any country. That will be your real deterrent....

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Just give everyone guns! Just like America!

It works...........Just read stuff on the internet!

Problem solved...........ahem

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by jude11

The underwear — dubbed Society Harnessing Equipment — features GPS technology (to alert the police) as well as pressure-activated electrodes “capable of sending shock waves of 3,800 kV” Manisha Mohanp

Stupid...

What happens if there is more than one attacker..?

It goes from rape to murder.

Just make Carry Conceal easier to obtain, in any country. That will be your real deterrent....

Yup,

Pull a nice concealed something outta those panties and that's enough to deflate even the hardest attacker.

All puns intended of course.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Forget the Underwear. What ever happened to the good 'ol days when they used to stick a razor blade up there. .. ?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
Forget the Underwear. What ever happened to the good 'ol days when they used to stick a razor blade up there. .. ?

Who gave a star to this asinine comment..?

Fess up now, and I'll go easy on you - otherwise........

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Ha! I love it!

I got 3 girls so sign me up for 21 pairs. Still keeping the shotgun...um you know
cause I just like to clean it.

I would never threaten a boy are anything. Honest....

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
A few years back a South Africa doctor invented the rape female condom named 'Rape-aXe". No joking.
It has barbs on the inside that hooks on to any unwanted intruders and doesn't let go until a doctor removes it. Ouch.

The Condom in combination with these underwear could give some parents in high rape areas a little relief.

South African doctor invents female condoms with 'teeth' to fight rape

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The intention is certainly good.

I am sad for them that this is a big enough problem that they think electric unmentionables are necessary. It would have to be really scary to live with constant fear like that.

Sounds like they definitely need something. I just don't know if the underwear is really the right answer.

edit on 7-4-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Us ol' codgers remember back in th' good ol' days. Nuthin' like one o' them stainless steel chastity belts. Works ev'ry time. 'Course, you don't wanna go losin' the key.

top topics

join