It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea allegedly preparing fourth nuke test

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

North Korea allegedly preparing fourth nuke test

rt.com

North Korea could perform a fourth underground nuclear weapons test at Punggye-ri, the site of its previous test.

Pyongyang appeared to be making preparations for the test, according to a South Korean government source speaking to the country’s Joong Ang Daily newpaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here we go again , another sign Nk is not backing down. What are the implications this time if they do another nuke test. Are we just going to wait till they attack or get this over with?

What are your guys thoughts? I personally think its more of the same, but hey its new news so gotta put it out there.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

I would encourage them to continue testing...until all their nukes are gone.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
reply to post by KingJod

This made me chuckle. good one

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ya know im not wanting war with these foosl but im tired of Nk threaten the world with this crap.

Slowly but surely they will get what's coming to them. Something must give.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Damn, you beat me to it!

Still, lets hope it's a big one!

This guy is a complete loon and I don't understand his logic?

"Look, I can make a big bang on my own land, it underground! You won't see it"

Duh?

It's gonna be raining pain Mr Kimmy...........keep it up you bloody muppet.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

I just love the way everyone seems to assume that the Nuke tests by NK are a sign that 'they are not quite there as yet."

If you have read "The Art of War," that is a book by the way, you may discover that this is just the sort of thing you do to make your enemy bolder and subject to mistakes. The author, Sun Tzu, was a General in ancient China who won a great battle by taking the opponents capital city while the opposing army were very busy chasing shadows.

Assuming that your opponent has limitations is a recipe for disaster. Yours!

P

ETA. Do we have an alternative source. The one quoted is not shall we say, reliable.
edit on 7/4/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
reply to post by KingJod

ANd then when they're gone, go in and finish the job.

Un reminds me of the High School Douche bag Jock Bully. Mouths of to everyone all 4 years, until the last month before graduating, when a freshman finally boils over and takes him down. The the whole persona changes and he becomes normal

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
"Allegedly" is the key word here. Until concrete evidence appears, increasing speculation is adding to the waterfall of information that is making it difficult to differentiate between rumour and fact. With that said, the Cuban Missile Crisis offers a historical precedent when it comes to dealing with this topic.

See:

Kim Jong Un is owning the media right now
How to Stop a Nuclear War
and
What War Would Look Like

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
the more of them they use in testing is less they have in thier inventory..i dont think they have a large capacity to produce these weapons

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
By the looks of the recent comments from China, they will do the dirty work. They don't want anymore U.S. military activity in that region than there is. If I were China I'd remove the North Korean threat so the U.S. has less reason to be around there with B-2's and new missile defense systems.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

You could be on to something there old chap??

Even my own country is in on the "lets be friends" with china deal.

[url=http://]http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/capital-circle/gillard-confident-on-china-relationship/story-fn59nqgy-1226614623209[/url ]

What ever happened to loads of USA bases in Northern Aus? Hmmmm

edit on 7-4-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Kim Jong Un is crazy. If he wants to start a nuclear war he can kiss his entire country goodbye. It seems to me like he is one crazy psychopath.
edit on 4-7-2013 by CPYKOmega because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
OK, so let's get this right uh?,
1. They build a Heavy Bomb
2. Then they test it to make sure it works
3. Then they go Busking again.

Yep, makes sense ?????

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by KingJod

I just love the way everyone seems to assume that the Nuke tests by NK are a sign that 'they are not quite there as yet."

If you have read "The Art of War," that is a book by the way, you may discover that this is just the sort of thing you do to make your enemy bolder and subject to mistakes. The author, Sun Tzu, was a General in ancient China who won a great battle by taking the opponents capital city while the opposing army were very busy chasing shadows.

Assuming that your opponent has limitations is a recipe for disaster. Yours!

I couldn't agree more. If we approach an enemy with respect, caution and overwhelming force, if that is called for? We may not have to use it while outcome won't be in doubt. Ala 1990-1991. If we approach with condescension dripping from every other word, no real world respect in commitment of forces and a general blase' attitude? We could be in for a VERY rude awakening .. as you note.

I couldn't believe in watching a documentary..the U.S.S. Pueblo is still a perfectly maintained museum in their Capital City. Just something about that struck me as so odd it was almost funny. Totally different ways of thinking and I don't know that our leaders appreciate that ...in the past OR now.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wrabbit.

Your 100% correct as usual.

This is how we are being re-paid for postponing a rocket test so we do NOT escalate the situation.

I thought like many of you, that postponing our test would somehow diffuse this situation,even though I think it looks weak and cowardly in the eyes of our enemies.

Maybe Barry should send Fatboy Kim a box of chocolates or a case of Canadian Club or something.

Round and round this goes, and every day we as a western power look weak and unorganized to our enemies.

Lets draw a line here and now, and promise a consequence, and when the line is crossed, live up to the promise.

How long are we going to be pushed here?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

That illustration just labelled Kim Jong Un as an angry South Korean and Psy as a relaxed North Korean. Without a doubt that is politically incorrect and... oh look a Snickers bar.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think the problem here is that many people can not for the life of them see the true underlying picture that is the Korean Peninsular.

North Korea sees Korea, split in two by America. They see South Korea as a decadent puppet government of the West constantly armed and upgraded by the West. This is an arms race between the two Koreas.

It is all very well to say Un is mouthing off! He is not the one running high stakes war games on the border year after year after year. He is not he one placing the most modern weapon systems on the border and he is not the one applying sanction after sanction.

There are two sides to this problem. Some can only see a single side. This latest round of rhetoric started with the application of some brand new stifling sanctions designed to prevent NK from being able to keep weapons parody with SK and by extension, the US.

Just one question, why can NK not have Nukes if they want them. The only answer you can possibly give is because we don't want them to have them.

They are very likely to feel the same way, except you have thousands and thousands of the damn things and quite frankly, NK does not trust you not to use them. Any sane person, looking at the MAD principal would feel the same.

Two school yard bullies come to blows, but instead of a winner and a loser, they take the whole school with them. That is insane! Possibly, other people see the insanity as well.

When all is lost, when the sanctions are starving your people, you have only two choices and surrender is not the one you are prepared to take.

'You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands."

That could just as easily be NK's attitude, but then, you don't agree with that do you?

P

ETA Not directed at you, you rascally Wrabbit!
edit on 7/4/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

when they arent enticed with the money from oil and jewish/israeli interest it suddenly isn't important enough to actually do something. people are going to have to die for something to be done.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join