It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea allegedly preparing fourth nuke test

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Russians also had/have many nukes ... and MAD has kept anything from happening.

There is a huge difference between having nukes and actually using them.

Starting a war to prevent one defies logic.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by pheonix358

Well, I agree in one point. There are counter arguments Kim can pull up out of his magic hat of Kim-like logic. Dear Leader is superior in all ways. So his population is taught. After all, other world leaders don't simply send gifts like they do to anyone else (not that they get told any other leader gets anything anyway)..they all pay tribute to him because he's superior to all others.

After watching the vice guide through, twice and then again today with my Wife? I can never look at North Korea as anything remotely CLOSE to equal footing with any nation currently sitting anywhere else in the world.

Its all about perspective, who are we too say how to live their lives, maybe he is "superior in all ways", this is not my belief BUT, i am not going to dictate my beliefs on their country and governance over someone elses beliefs 6000 miles away from me, what has it got to do with me? If they ask for my help, then thats a diffrent matter; did iraq, afghanistan vietnam etc peoples ask for help? Zimbabewes' did Rwandas' did, where was good old team america then?

I dont agree with Americas political system i think its rigged in favour of the best lobbyist with the most amount of cash, i dont think it matters which party is in power, if i had americas military power and attitude i would have invaded by now ( for OILcompasionate reasons and OILgime change )... BUT what has it got to do with me ? Lots of people seem happy there i dont think a revolution is on the cards anytime soon i certainly do not see signs of any freedom fighters... ( though IMO there should be, both there and where i live but hey).

I would like to see kim gone as much as the next man but debate our right to influence a government change , revolution should come from within otherwise history has taught us that it will generally end badly..

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Here we go again , another sign Nk is not backing down. What are the implications this time if they do another nuke test. Are we just going to wait till they attack or get this over with?

What are your guys thoughts? I personally think its more of the same, but hey its new news so gotta put it out there.

We have a "playbook" made by the advisors, President, etc. that pretty much says "If they do that, we do this, they do this, we do that, etc."

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SherlockH
reply to post by Curio

So you would be happy to let NK amass a nuclear arsenal? Are you sure about that?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
NK either already has a nuclear arsenal, or they wont have one for some time.

Besides, who says this is just a test? if they stay true to their word like their culture would suggest they should, this doesnt sound like a test at all, it just sounds to me like western media trying to play it down because they are sh*t scared of the idea that this could actually be the real thing this time

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Koreans are angry people in general .. North or South .. when they protest .. it usually involves cutting off a finger or two .. whatever thats supposed to accomplish ...

Yeaahhhh ... so classic case of talking too much .. his inexperience ..mixed with a volatile culture of snapping back .. he can't get out of this one easily .. he's gone too far .to quickly. he's trying to solidify his position in the world over zealously.. wants to do a nuke too ..just like daddy ..
I'd say once he does a nuke test .. his fate is sealed ..they're going to have to take him out .. there will be no turning back ..
They're never been this determined before .. sounds like they know something ..have something up their sleeves ..

At least it's taking attention off Iran for now ... Ahmadinejad can take a crap in peace for once ...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I don't know but why make all the fuzz about those North Koreans, Its pure bluff and this will cost another tremendous amount of cash to shut his mouth..A horde of UAV predators would keep him quit for awhile I think..
The North Koreans are in a heavy recession , this is their way to take us back, they probably laughing their asses of right now..

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Somebody has to win.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by SherlockH
reply to post by Curio

So you would be happy to let NK amass a nuclear arsenal? Are you sure about that?

Well not happy but what are you going to do about it?

They already have nukes!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
We have made it quite clear, there is no room here for speculation.

If you look at what we moved into play (very little) the answer from the USA is very plain.

We have the ability to clear the way for nukes by bomber, the ability to second strike instantly if nuked first and strike by nuke by sea and shoot down nukes... haven't bothered with a single man or tank.

It is very plain to see if a single missile is fired if we see so much as a movement the "8 minute attack of NK" is intended to be countered with a 3 minute nuclear firestorm before a single man rocket or anything else reaches south korea....

we aren't screwing around at all

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Apparently North Korea has a total area of 46,528 square miles which is about the size of Pennsylvania. . . That is small; by comparison Iran is 636,296.4 sq mi, my guess is we can target every square mile of the Li’ll Fat Un’s “state.” Where are the Russians and the Chinese in all of this? Are the Russians and the Chinese really okay with NK having nuclear weapons?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Still astounded by all the keyboard warriors in these NK threads. You want war so much? You want to first strike? Why not volunteer for the front line instead of talking smack and helping escalate the world towards yet another war. I'm fairly certain the majority of people wishing for war in these threads aren't posting from a smart phone on from the front line of any live action.
Always happy to volunteer someone elses life or encourage the bomb from afar. Bunch of warmongers hypocrites because you tout the same dogma you accuse your perceived enemy of.

If the information about a 4th test is real it would indicate to me a show of resolve which could potentially be a stalling tactic to get people to back off. Inversely one could consider this a false flag or even an external agency doing the strike and selling the world population the story. No news in prewar scenarios can be considered reliable unless you are in a position to know it is so so to argue this as a given fact is showing ignorance of just how information is used in conflict.

My stance is that I do not want this to escalate further oppressed people are still people often made to act beyond decency until they have the freedom and liberty to have the choice to do so. War means the death of our fellow earthling brothers and sisters and atrocities that stain our collective hands.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

It is near impossible to have an under ground nuke test as a false flag. Every siesmic station picks them up readily and can locate the epicenter which is the location where the device was detonated.

I acknowledge the few posters who have said things like 'we should just nuke them all'. They are few and far between. What many are doing in discussing the issue is trying to get others to see all of the dangers. Others are discussing tactical scenarios.

I highly doubt that NK leadership, the POTUS or anyone else is hanging on the words of ATS posters! That is a bit laughable.

P

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Yeah I wasnt suggesting that gubmint agents were contributing here. Also just pointing out released info to the genpop isnt always true.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Shirak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

Here we go again , another sign Nk is not backing down. What are the implications this time if they do another nuke test. Are we just going to wait till they attack or get this over with?

What are your guys thoughts? I personally think its more of the same, but hey its new news so gotta put it out there.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

They will back down once one of the available B-2:s does this on Pyonyang;

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
North Korea: Foreigners should evacuate South Korea

www.bbc.co.uk...

Getting worse all the time...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Can we play in your sandbox too Kim?

We should test some of our new reliable replacement warheads with him in his yard, just as long as we get to go first. Someone needs to go ask his Aunt if lil Kim can come out and play.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join