It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Abuse in movies and in TV entertainment show media?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny76
it's probably not healthy for the kids

I'm more concerned about children in actual abusive situations than one's on a movie set.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

From your OP..

But if a person is suspected of neglecting their kid- by possibly giving them clothes to wear that have holes, or any number of suspicious activities...they are automatically considered child abusers, and in danger of losing their kids.... by state Social Services giving them a call the next day.

If any child is neglected or any number of suspicious activities (WTF does that mean?) I would hope child services get involved.

Oh and also I will ask again what were you teaching your step kids for them to be taken away? cos Iam sure it was more than allowing the kids to act in a movie.

Like a poster said before you need to research and understand the movie business.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dondylion

Come on tell us the title we can have a giggle If we found it

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Come on tell us the title we can have a giggle If we found it

Lol it's looongg gone by now. Was just one of those B rated, film fest, 15 minute long, horror flicks.

Plus, I sadly don't remember the name. T.T

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Ummm.... I think you may benefit from some in-depth behind the scenes type videos on how movies are made and what THEIR side of a horror movie looks like. Scary? Emotional? (Well, emotional on anything BUT the plot, maybe) Not likely. It's a job. Nothing more or less. Even the kids. They go through worse off set than anything ever happening on it, to listen to some of the former child stars talk about it.

* They also shoot the same "thriller/scary" climax type scenes a dozen times and are as sick of them by the end as anything else, I'll bet

edit on 7-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hey... I did my part. My conscience is clear. Other ppl can rationalize then justify why kids are in horror movies... sure..it's fine you say... lol
"It's just like going to the big amusement park in Orlando.... Sure... it's the exact same thing"...

You guys are too much.

But what you have written- and what other ppl who read this thread and didn't comment on - to protect the kids- that's all on you.
edit on 8/4/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Fair enough.
Nice chatting hope you read about acting and movie sets one day.
edit on 8-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
M'eh. You should see some of the stuff from the past. Check out Pretty Baby if you really want to get pissed off.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
Hey... I did my part. My conscience is clear. Other ppl can rationalize then justify why kids are in horror movies... sure..it's fine you say... lol
"It's just like going to the big amusement park in Orlando.... Sure... it's the exact same thing"...

You guys are too much.

But what you have written- and what other ppl who read this thread and didn't comment on - to protect the kids- that's all on you.
edit on 8/4/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

We aren't "justifying" anything. We're stating facts here. It seems to me that you have your ears plugged singing "lalalala" like a child, honestly. Don't mean to be rude, but that's just what I've observed. From your posts, you obviously don't know how filming is done. Please, do research, watch "behind the scenes" videos online, or even see if you can take a trip to watch how real filming is done. Then you will understand how what you say is so blatantly wrong.

As I said multiple times, I was a child actor in a horror flick. I know how these things work.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
They are told its fake, which automatically, gets deleted from their mind as something not important.

Don't you see parents telling kids when the kid sees someone bleeding that the blood is fake? then the kid laughs it off.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Okay, they get shaken up for a while, but parents/guardians are there to tell them they are not real/ all an act.

You obviously don't understand how acting works.

Please back up your statement with proof that one of these children who acted in the horror films you listed had uncurable trauma because of their job (s).

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

One more thing, you say you are Christian, well I can also go through the bible and point out instances where violence against children are the norm.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by luciddream

reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

What you say about the acting process may be true, although I don't really believe it... Maybe it's not so bad nowdays, as a lot of stuff is done via special effects with computers (bryce, I believe).

This is only half the story though.... or maybe only a third.

Afterwards, when they see themselves in the horror movies or murder scenes... in the movie or on TV... which is sure to happen... the shock is there... That's the whole reason that the scene is made.... get it.. for the shock value.

Also, when they tell all of their family and friends to "go see the horror movie I acted in"... all those people are exposed to the shock effect as well when they watch it.

It's all part of a (bad) game.

But the premise I'm coming from is that horror movies are bad to watch in the first place... for children and adults both... esp. for children. I have a feeling that you feel differently about this.
edit on 9/4/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Well, then don't let your kids watch horror movies plain and simple.

Get them hooked on Disney or whatever kids are into these days. No need to make a post about such trivial matters.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
On the TV show The Walking Dead there are/was two children acting, a boy and a girl.

Here's a short clip of what the cast does behind the scenes, you can even see the children in it and they're all having fun.

Now, let's look at it from different points of view.

"Scene: Zombie chasing a boy"

1) We, the audience, only see that scared little boy running and the awful monster chasing after him. They are all alone.

2) In reality they are NOT alone. The crew is there, the director, the cameramen, the guy with the mic, the one with the lights, the script supervisor, the child's parents, etc.

"Scene: A lone survivor rides a horse on the desolated streets of Atlanta. Abandoned cars and trucks fill the street but there's not a single person on sight"

What the audience sees:

What's really happening:

It's all about perspective. Remember that the children are not alone even if it seems like it in the scene. The room can even be much lighter than what it looks, there's always people there telling them what to do and reminding them that's it all pretend and that they aren't in real danger.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

No doubt about it....Child Services is a gestapo agency that is completely unchecked by the checks and balances system designed in the Constitution. They can take a child away from a parent without due process, without even charging the parent for a crime, and even completely deny visitation. Worse yet, no politician will take them on for fear of being labeled "against kids", so the agency remains unchecked.

By the way, if you REALLY want to prove your point, just have the posters go watch "Pretty Baby" with a VERY young Brooke Shields playing a child prostitute. How in the hell did that movie get made?
edit on 16-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join