It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Abuse in movies and in TV entertainment show media?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I never had my kids taken away.... well actually I have had my step-kids taken away... because I'm a Christian and the ex-husband of my wife didn't approve of what were teaching.... But I'm going off on a tangent.

Speaking of kids being taken away from their parents... I find it totally hypocritical when Hollywood can put kids in horror movies.... murder episodes- where they lost their mother, or in other murder, kidnap, carjacking scenes, even in some commercials.... where it is clear that they will be traumatized from the experience... possibly for life.... But if a person is suspected of neglecting their kid- by possibly giving them clothes to wear that have holes, or any number of suspicious activities...they are automatically considered child abusers, and in danger of losing their kids.... by state Social Services giving them a call the next day.

But it's fine when Hollywood used kids for macabre and horrific movies and shows. For some reason, that's different.

I'm still trying to get my head around the logic of this.

edit on 7/4/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/4/2013 by MarkJS because: altered subject a little for clarification

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It is called acting....The kids know it is not real you know and are protected by many laws.
BTW what were you telling your step kids?
edit on 7-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I get where your coming from but I think you will find being on a movie set and acting is different to real life..

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The kids know it's fake, and if they get scared, they think of something else to make it not so bad.

Mom and Dad are probably on the sidelines for them.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
examples:

The Exorcist... Linda Blair... only 16yrs old.

Orphan girl actress probably 12-13 yrs old... link

Top ten scariest children in horror movies link

and the list goes on....

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
The kids know it's fake, and if they get scared, they think of something else to make it not so bad.

Mom and Dad are probably on the sidelines for them.

OK... then why are some scenes with kids so horrible that us adults are shocked by them? And we know that they are fake, right? The shock value is still there. Same goes for the kids.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Isabelle Fuhrman is the girl from the Orphan...she is an actor and knows when something is real or make believe, she is doing very well and the filming of that film has not hurt her.

www.imdb.com...

If you do not like it just do not watch the movie eh?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

The kids see how that "shot" is made, they understand it is not real.
I bet they have a whale of a time on set.

I would be more concerned about real life If I were you.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by MarkJS

The kids see how that "shot" is made, they understand it is not real.
I bet they have a whale of a time on set.

I would be more concerned about real life If I were you.
There's a lot of $$$$ in making movies.... So what if a couple of children are scarred for life over it... The public needs to be entertained, right? Just send the kids to therapy afterwards...and whatever. If they get over it, fine... if not... well at least we gave it a go. Right.

Just don't mess with our cash cow... no matter what the cost or who is hurt.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The problem, like in all child-abuse cases, is that the children normally don't have any option in the matter. They go along with whatever mom or dad tells them.... Oh honey, it's ok... It's ok if your head looks like it's spinning on your shoulders like a top... as long as we get paid in the end. You can watch the movie in a couple of months when it's finished... And no, I don't think it will traumatize you dear.....

Right.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Ok lets ban all kids in any movies

Can you show me evidence that making a movie is harming these kids?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Actively abusing a child and having an actor child portraying something they know to be fake are two very different things. People in the movie industry will NEVER, I repeat NEVER, put child actors in any danger while filming a movie or TV show. They are very active in keeping things low-key during filming things. It's not like they actually have children with no idea that it's fake being chased by a guy with a real knife in his hands or something.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dondylion

That may be true, although I don't believe it...

Afterwards, when they see themselves in the horror movies or murder scenes... in the movie or on TV... which is sure to happen... the shock is there... That's the whole reason that the scene is made.... get it.. for the shock value.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
...Just don't mess with our cash cow.... We don't care if we abuse kids by exposing them to horrific scenes... as long as we make our money.... Besides, we can rationalize any abuse the kid encounters. We have the power!! Ya, that's it... I feel better now.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Kids are smart....they understand the difference between fake and not real. Being on set is nothing like actually experiencing these things.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Look kids are more traumatized in real life by abusive parents or other abusive people, they can see things in real life that will effect them why not concentrate on that instead of telling us the actors are going to be screwed up for life eh?.

The shock value isn't there while filming, they have read the script (only their own part BTW If the movie is a horror) and they know what is going to happen, they have support from the law, social services and their parents.
If a child does not understand what is real and what is not the director will not use that child.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
reply to post by Dondylion

That may be true, although I don't believe it...

Afterwards, when they see themselves in the horror movies or murder scenes... in the movie or on TV... which is sure to happen... the shock is there... That's the whole reason that the scene is made.... get it.. for the shock value.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
...Just don't mess with our cash cow.... We don't care if we abuse kids by exposing them to horrific scenes... as long as we make our money.... Besides, we can rationalize any abuse the kid encounters. We have the power!! Ya, that's it... I feel better now.

You obviously do not know much about the movie industry with the way you are talking. Because of this comment here, I'm not going to engage in this discussion further until you've taken the time to know how making a movie actually works. (P.s. I was a child who was in a horror indy film and guess what, I grew up to be perfectly fine).

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Afterwards, when they see themselves in the horror movies or murder scenes... in the movie or on TV... which is sure to happen... the shock is there...

No it isn't.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
nothing personal.... but I think that you underestimate the shock value of what kids go through when making very traumatizing TV or movie scenes. To you, it's no big deal... and don't forget to ignore the actual shock value when the actual show or movie is shown... That's convenient for you, isn't it?

And children don't have a choice of making these scenes. It's really up to mom or dad, isn't it?

This is the classical instance of child abuse in any book.

But just keep on... making the scenes... making the horror movies... and continue to justify your abuse. Sure..it's fine... As long as the public is entertained and we make our millions of dollars...

Good stuff all around.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
nothing personal.... but I think that you underestimate the shock value of what kids go through when making very traumatizing TV or movie scenes. To you, it's no big deal... and don't forget to ignore the actual shock value when the actual show or movie is shown... That's convenient for you, isn't it?

Excuse me? I was IN a horror indy film when I was about 6 years old. The only thing "traumatizing" about the entire experience was the plane ride because I don't like flying. You're the only one here who doesn't understand how films and TV shows are made. No matter what the "shock" value is, kids STILL will understand it's fake, even when watching it.

You really should do some research on how movies and TV shows are made if you want people to take you seriously.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
it's probably not healthy for the kids

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join