It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and tired of the way people treat me and others around me SICK OF IT!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I am completely sick and tired of this generation of lack of respect and completely and utter disregard for other people around them. This egotistical self absorbed society of crap we are building for the future needs to stop now. Everywhere i go, everyone i see, everyone i interact with. People either think their smarter, better looking, clever, whatever it is they think they just generally think they are better then everyone around them. Where did this come from? Did this come from the everyone is a winner mentality? Did this come from parents not whipping their kids asses when they deserved it anymore? I dont get it! It doesnt even matter the bottom line is it needs to change.

Its time we start holding people accountable and calling them out on the spot for their bull# all the time no matter what. I am just so frustrated with interacting with people anymore i cant stand it. I am making it a point to move to the mountains and getting involved with a community of down to earth people who care instead of these jerks im surrounded by all the time.

God help us, we need change, and im not talking about Obama.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I agree with you, but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

I used to fear the police when I was a kid (still do) but the kids today don't even care about their authority?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
maybe you are the jerk? get with the times mang..

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I generally find most people to be quite nice.

Are you sure its not you instigating negative attitudes?

Not accusing you of anything, i'm simply curious. In school the other day someone found a gold necklace and simply taped it to the hallway door with a note that said lost.

It was still there at the end of the day, nobody had stolen it. People are generally good at heart unless provoked or they are having a bad day.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I dont think so. I am the nicest kindest person in the world and i hold no authority over anyone. In fact i go out of my way to be kind to people.

People have absolutely no regard for anyone but themselves these days. I only know less then a handful of people like me around me and they get taken advantage of around every turn. The funny thing is they are stronger and more powerful human beings then anyone around them doing this to them, and i include myself in that them category.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I was raised in a small town and I do feel the same,I hope it's just a PC fad and it passes before something bad happens.Until then I guess I am a "Killbot,Tea party,Christian ,army recon ,Combat trained,brainwashed,old school,knuckle dragging weird guy. And loving it.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
And an aspiring artist who created a double post.
edit on 7-4-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: Screwed up and double posted.

link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Oh im sure there are instances.

I am generally very nice, although i am socially awkward.

link   
I feel your pain, I really do.

Where did it start? No one can say for sure, but one thing seems certain, it is so ingrained into our society today that it will take a long time, if ever, to turn it around.

I sincerely doubt that I will live to see that day.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I don't think she (he?) means the immediate people around her, I'm sure she means in general "the population"? then again I could be wrong?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I understand your frustration. However, calling people out isn't going to solve anything. There are plenty of people out there that are nice out there (myself included). I tend to ignore those people that show negative signs. But always treat everyone the way you would like to be treated

link   
I think you are smashing

link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Oh im sure there are instances.

I am generally very nice, although i am socially awkward.

Everyone is socially awkward in one way or another.

Those putting forth the biggest attitudes are usually worse off than the rest of us. Perhaps the next time you see someone acting like that you should take pity on them rather than becoming angry.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

There are still a lot of wonderful people out there, but I have noticed that there is a lot of a-holes running around giving us nice people a bad time. My opinion is that there is a disease being spread by parents to their children. It's called Narcissistic personality disorder. Actually there are times when I seem to have this disease, so someone else must be spreading it around.
I say there is no cure like a good A-whipping.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I agree completely with you. I am a generally friendly person but nowadays everyone is so self-absorbed and have their faces down looking at their "smart phones" they are mostly oblivious to anyone or anything around them!
The world doesn't exist outside their little bubble. I fear it's only going to get worse with even more high tech.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

There are still a lot of wonderful people out there, but I have noticed that there is a lot of a-holes running around giving us nice people a bad time.

Completely agree man. I dont want to take away from them either, this world is a beautiful place full of beautiful people. The problem those people have put up with unevolved ape behavior for to long.

You can even see the microcosm of what im talking about on ATS.

Its time we stop putting up with it. Seriously. Lets start here and lets start standing up to it in our everyday lives. Thats how it begins.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Those putting forth the biggest attitudes are usually worse off than the rest of us. Perhaps the next time you see someone acting like that you should take pity on them rather than becoming angry.

I feel like its time to start getting angry, well maybe not getting angry but putting our foot down at the least.

I see stupidity as an accepted behavior. Its time we really start caring about our brothers and sisters and making them evolve into a greater form of being rather then accepting them for who they because thats all choice.

Lets get this evolution started.

Oh im a man by the way. Maybe i should change my avatar.
edit on 7-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You need to put a positive spin on it, OP.

Look at it this way:

How horrible it must be having to live through life carrying this burden of being an a-hole...

See ?

Now instead of being angry and frustrated, all you can feel is empathy and pity for these poor folks.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I dont feel like its really a negative thing to see it that way. For instance.. maybe because i see it that way i carry the mantle of change for this type of behavior. Maybe in order to change my view on it i am burdened with the task of being the catalyst for change in a way.

I dont know thats just another way of looking at it, maybe your right though.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
maybe you are the jerk? get with the times mang..

Or maybe it is the progressive mindset the schools and many parents bought into. It gave rise to the everybody wins generation as I love to call them.

Look around and tell me what you see? I see progressive filth infiltrating it's disgusting values into everything it can. You reap what you sow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join