It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and tired of the way people treat me and others around me SICK OF IT!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Pay no attention to the drones on this site. (TBH: No clue why there are drones here, shouldn't they be watching lady gaga videos or something like that?)
Anyways yeah tis sad that there are so many.. Im better than you type of people nowadays, i generally just don't even get acquainted with such "people" and their inflated ego's. In any case, moving to the mountains is a great idea, you should do it, at the same time try making a small vegetable/greens patch. Maybe breed a type of animal or two.
You'd be killing 2 birds: No more gmo's and in the that there is an epidemic and there is more food in the country(which is very very probable that will happen) you'll have a ways to survive. To be honest though you can't trust hardly anybody these days, perhaps your closest family members. And thats it :x

Also being socially awkward is not bad. Society is in itself a pile of garbage. Being social isn't always good specially when you're socializing with ___ type of people.

In my case, being anti-social has led me to many truth findings as well as a higher state of thinking above the idiotic and ignorant society we find ourselves in. Do i believe myself better than the idiot drone who has no independent thinking skills? ...No to be honest i pity them, for no matter how many times you show them proof they will continue being drones. :L

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I am sixteen and in Highschool and I can understand your negative attitude on my generation based on the people I see day to day. With that being said I don't think it applies to everyone, the loud and obnoxious teens are usually seen because they are loud. There are other kids who are quiet and respectful but because they aren't outgoing and loud they often go unnoticed. I know many people who I believe would change your opion on my generation if you got the chance to meet them, but with that being said my generation grew up in a society where consumption and appearance was encouraged and everyone was told they were special in the name of "increasing self-esteem" (that's because one psychologist announced that all mental issues stem from low self-esteem). Unfortunately that did not lead to a humble positive self-image in kids as they grew but a arrogant self-absorbed "everything revolves around me" image.

I don't believe I am perfect, I have been both rude and selfish but I also think that everyone has at one time or another in life.

I try to be respectful and mindful of others and I would like to think I am (but that's for others to judge I guess). One problem I see is that people claim to think that they are smarter than everyone else or better in some sense. Others claim that everyone is selfish that they are somehow a nice perfect person who is victimized by everyone else. I believe that something everyone (not just my generation) needs to learn is to be humble.

I do think that one thing that is greatly lacking in western society is respect for the elder generation, in Asian countries the elderly are held highly and respected but here we put them in homes and sweep them under a rug. Hopfully I am not rambling but that is my opinion.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by vendettent

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. - Plato

That quote on your mini profile says it all, and you had a lot of wise things to say, even for most people in my generation (late 20's). I'll give you props for that.

I can only imagine what it's like to be in high-school, nowadays at the age of ignorance. We barely even had cellphones, not to mention internet access at everyone's pocket. We once believed that if people will have access to information they will be much more wiser and intelligent, turns out it goes the other way around.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I dont think so. I am the nicest kindest person in the world and i hold no authority over anyone. In fact i go out of my way to be kind to people.

People have absolutely no regard for anyone but themselves these days. I only know less then a handful of people like me around me and they get taken advantage of around every turn. The funny thing is they are stronger and more powerful human beings then anyone around them doing this to them, and i include myself in that them category.

I so feel you.

Totally agree with what you said.

I see it everyday as well, and I'm a nice person that gets walked on.

Even at my job.

Pretty sad.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
i watch it go on constantly.....it as if people have this "You owe me" attitude or "I have the right of way" attitude

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You haven't met me !

Seriously, you move to the mountains and you'll just find a different set of things to make you sick after awhile. Like small town gossip that spreads like wildfire. Humanity is, what it is baby. The tuffest thing in the world is being able to get past all the nasty crap of dislikes. Especially when you see them so clearly, as you obviously do.

Good luck

edit on 8-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Can you list all the things the mean world does to you? What do you think we should do to get everyone under control they act better for you?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Respect isn't a free commodity. It is something you earn. To think otherwise is hypocritical.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Do you sip lattes a lot while listening to your headphones? Maybe if you get out of head and interact in a friendly manner it would help.
edit on 8-4-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arolexion

Pay no attention to the drones on this site. (TBH: No clue why there are drones here, shouldn't they be watching lady gaga videos or something like that?)
Anyways yeah tis sad that there are so many.. Im better than you type of people nowadays, i generally just don't even get acquainted with such "people" and their inflated ego's.

Also being socially awkward is not bad. Society is in itself a pile of garbage. Being social isn't always good specially when you're socializing with ___ type of people.

In my case, being anti-social has led me to many truth findings as well as a higher state of thinking above the idiotic and ignorant society we find ourselves in. Do i believe myself better than the idiot drone who has no independent thinking skills? ...No to be honest i pity them, for no matter how many times you show them proof they will continue being drones. :L

Your words here perfectly illustrate to me why the young people feel the anger looming everywhere but cannot articulate precisely the source of their angst. It seems to me a natural reaction to the world they were born into. Am I as an adult going to judge them for lashing out when from what i can see many of us are angry too. Yet, we have grown accustomed to speaking out of both sides of our mouths. You would like to think of your self as enlightened and a seeker of the truth but cant help but start off with thinly veiled and judgmental comments.

In the case of equating drone mentality to watchers of Lady Gaga videos, it sounds to me that you have chosen to be another kind of drone all together.

Penny

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
My mother is 81 yrs old and as long as I can remember she thinks her s#@t don't stink.
She says and does what ever she dam well pleases and to hell wit how it effects anyone else.
If you tell her she is out of line she looks at you with a
face and says what ?
She could care less if she crushed your spirit in her process and will tell you Oh well.
She spends all of her socializing judging those around her/ compareing herself to them and
always desides in the end that she is so much better than all the rest. No ones opinion ever matters
but hers.
No empathy.
Never an apology
Doesn't think twice about lying.

I call it a form of "tunel vision"

She raised 4 children all of who have or have had, drug,alcolol,eating disorders,social problems
anger issues, complusive lying, sex addiction, critical depression and very low self-esteem.

We are al only products of what nurturing we recieve through-out our childhood development.
If machines are left in-charge of raising the children of the world you will in-turn get what they are given
as guidence to becoming adults.
edit on 8-4-2013 by azureskys because: spelling

After the death of my Grandfather my grandmother had planned to move 700 odd miles to live with her daughter, my mom, on the family farm we created here in the north woods of California. It was a unique experience in that including my Grandmother we have 4 generations on one property and were able to see the entire family dynamic in one place. We could see so clearly how the generational levels of personal safety nets and coping mechanisms grew and were then absorbed and mutated into the behaviors of the next generation down the line.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Stop expecting to be respected. What have you done to earn the respect of strangers/ Have you simply aged? That's not going to cut it, sir. If you lower your expectations, you'll be disappointed a whole lot less frequently - with all due respect.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I dont think so. I am the nicest kindest person in the world and i hold no authority over anyone. In fact i go out of my way to be kind to people.

People have absolutely no regard for anyone but themselves these days. I only know less then a handful of people like me around me and they get taken advantage of around every turn. The funny thing is they are stronger and more powerful human beings then anyone around them doing this to them, and i include myself in that them category.

hey yo..... don't be scared to throw the dukes up when someone disrespects you.
Teach em a lesson real quick. --Everyone watching will also learn a lesson.

(this is changing the world, one KO at a time)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pennylemon

Yes I am seeing many of the same traits in the grandchildren and great-grandchildren now.

Dad was quite the polar opposit of mom and thank goodness some of us learned many postive
life lesson's from him, that kept us from falling to far off of the path.

"Those who want to change the world need to start with a small garden"
-Voltair-

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I am completely sick and tired of this generation of lack of respect and completely and utter disregard for other people around them. This egotistical self absorbed society of crap we are building for the future needs to stop now. .

You only need to visit the margaret Thatcher thread to see how nasty many people in Britain are. Very sad.
These same people who are so rude and disrespectful are the very same people who are ruining our country.
So I agree with you, totally.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

No ,that's assault.Unless they are in progress you don't do s##t. Talk will never be enough,otherwise you are reduced to a thug.That can get you killed ,another rifle we might need on the line if they are really stupid enough to keep doing this.
Relax its just talk.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
it is like you are standing on the edge of a cliff with and the croud still wants that spot , pushing you over in the process , for me it feels like this.

But im to stubborn and idiot to fall

TheGreazel.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I am completely sick and tired of this generation of lack of respect and completely and utter disregard for other people around them. This egotistical self absorbed society of crap we are building for the future needs to stop now. Everywhere i go, everyone i see, everyone i interact with. People either think their smarter, better looking, clever, whatever it is they think they just generally think they are better then everyone around them. Where did this come from? Did this come from the everyone is a winner mentality? Did this come from parents not whipping their kids asses when they deserved it anymore? I dont get it! It doesnt even matter the bottom line is it needs to change.

Its time we start holding people accountable and calling them out on the spot for their bull# all the time no matter what. I am just so frustrated with interacting with people anymore i cant stand it. I am making it a point to move to the mountains and getting involved with a community of down to earth people who care instead of these jerks im surrounded by all the time.

God help us, we need change, and im not talking about Obama.

Back to the OP, I do agree that what we are seeing today are the rewards we are reaping from what we have sown so to speak. In addition to what you describe as a lack of respect for everyone else, IMO represents a deep lack of respect for themselves. This didn't happen over night, nor will be "fixed" in one generation. Each generation has added their own version of truth based on justifying their own indulgences and some believe that becoming an adult has no meaning other than you finally get to do whatever you want and have whatever you want whenever you want it. So I do see it.

We, IMO are losing the ability to communicate honestly not only with each other but to check ourselves when we throw out judgments off the cuff. How do we teach kids to appreciate the world we live in when any attempt at self expression is pounced upon unless it falls the the commercially accepted norms. Change is not the enemy, and the fact that some cannot see the word change and not immediately put into the Obama lover category says a lot about the way we are habituated to communicate through sayings and slogans.

And no I don't subscribe to the "better society through punching" school of reason.

Penny

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Im a custodian at a middle school and yea some kids are D*** Heads,but a lot of them are actually nice kids. Its all in how you treat them. Respect for respect and even the youngest kids have a right to an opinion and how they live their life. Some grow out of it, some dont. Thats just life. I live in San Diego by the way, a pretty big city and i never have any problems with anyone. And i live in an urban area by the way.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I had this 300 pound mass of whatever slither past me the other day and make a comment about how discussed she was about my smoking. She did not like what I said with my rebuttal to her comment.

I told her that her fat ass was going to kill her off years before the smoking did me in. I even went as far to tell her in layman’s terms how it was going to happen.

Don’t get me wrong. I am the nicest guy you will ever meet! But if you cross me, and I feel I am right, than you will hear a mouth full.

And also, I will be the first to admit I am wrong. Won't be the first time, and won't be the last..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join