It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and tired of the way people treat me and others around me SICK OF IT!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You say your are a nice and friendly guy, then you post a general hyperbolic rant condemning everyone. You offer no specifics, but just generally say everyone but you is mean and nasty. Reading your rant I was thinking, "Geez, this guy must be a joy to be around."

Besides, I don't agree with you. IMO generally people are very nice if given half a chance. It's a matter of your own expectations. If your claim is that "everyone's nasty," you'll wind up confirming that because you actively look for the first thing that can validate your attitude. Rather than take the approach that "Everyone is nasty until proven otherwise," why not take the approach that "Everyone is nice until proven otherwise."?

If you take your approach, people are going to feel threatened and resent it. That resentment will come across as negative to you, thus proving your point. These guys are thinking, "This guy hates me from the get-go, so why should I give him the time of day?" It's obvious from the scowl on your face and the emotion you exude. People pick up on this stuff whether you express it verbally or not.

Edit to add: Oh, yeah! You're a self-proclaimed professional fighter who is a convicted felon because you got drunk one night and beat someone up, breaking their facial bones, and now you want your "rights" back. Just who do you think you are lecturing other people about "being nice and kind."? That's like hiring the Captain of the Titanic to be in charge of your water safety program. This thread is a joke. Good Lord!

The bottom line is that you are not as nice and kind as you claim you are and other people are not as mean and nasty as you claim they are. YOU are the one doing the judging here. Maybe you ought to think about that.
edit on 4/7/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
YOU are the one doing the judging here. Maybe you ought to think about that.
edit on 4/7/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

Yet here you are, judging back. What exactly does that solve?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

If you frown at the world it frowns right back. If you think you are going to have a bad day you will. You are too focused on the bad. You are putting out a bad vibe so put out a different vibe and see what happens. Sure there are bad people but if you happy within yourself people will see that and treat you differently. I have a close friend who is angry at the world and never wants to come out of the house and wants to become a hermit. I have to drag him out of the house sometimes. He is a good guy but first impressions he puts people off because of the angry vibe he puts out.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I Validate You! There has been a huge surge of what I call the Entitlement-ers, who think they are entitled to everything. They are entitled to the job they want. Regardless of that job being available, or their being qualified. They are entitled to a big house, fancy cars, everyone's respect, their opinions (and in having their opinion, they fail to realize everyone else also has one, and that it may be different). I want to wave a flag in their face and say: dude, you have to WORK for all that stuff. The people who have the things you want, they WORKED to get there. Nothing fell into their lap (with a few exceptions).

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I agree with you ,people are so full of themselves these days ,its unbelievable most of them havent anything eg , Uni degrees or anything really they can boast about, but they still love themselves and consider themselves superior to others around you .Even some religious people make me sick with their pompous,domineering, know all vanity .People are out to use others when its suits them, then the rest of the time its F.U until they want something again .Ive helped women in third world countries and they were plain effing rude ,ungrateful ,selfish ,insulting ,and obsessed with what they wanted from life and didnt give a crap about anyone else but themselves .I came to the conclusion after that, that some people are poor because they deserve to be poor.You go to a supermarket or shops restaurants ,there is no service or manners, they are rude to you, and you are the customer they are supposed to be helping !!! you say please and thankyou to them and you get nothing back, the younger they are the worse they are .When this world collapses or is destroyed ,all iam going to think is you A... holes deserved it ! and im not helping any of you

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

A good friend said to me once: "People don't care about nothing"

And that's quite true, in the sense of all they care about is their own self, their own image, their own stuff, etc. Such society was created, to dumb us into separation and ignorance.

Try to see people around you not as people behaving improperly, but as victims of an ignorant society that spends hours upon hours each day filling their poor, innocent, unconscious mind with nonsense they now believe collectively to call it 'reality'.

It's none of the people's faults, although I truly understand your frustration and rant, as I feel the same quite often, but losing the anger towards such people really helps confronting them when needed.

Difficult time ahead though, the best thing is that you can always get up and do something about it. Either living alternatively, or just travel for a while to freshen your spirit. Society isn't going down a healthy road, but we can, if we really choose for it.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I used to live in some big cities and was living in Vegas up until a few years ago when I also had enough of it (people and society). So I decided to make a change and move up into the mountains, and it was the best decision of my life. I now live in a small community of people and it feels like a family. Everyone is very nice and respectful and we take care of each other. This is how life should be in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
What about the other turn of the key?
What about our parents generation who had the sweet life, so much that their own parents fought for in the second world war, that they abused, and wasted and left nothing for their children? What about the fact that we're paying for the wastefulness of a society, governed by people from our parents wasteful generation? What about the fact we're picking up the pieces from the mess you guys made, and we're accused of being entitled little #s?
What about the fact that many of us want to go to college, and university but can't because the price of tuition means we'll likely be paying it off until retirement? What about the rules which make entry requirements are either so lax that anyone can get a degree, or no-one can, meaning those with degrees are now considered worthless and can't get a job in their specified fields, and those who can't get into university for whatever reason, either have multiple jobs, or don't have a job at all... yet we're called lazy?
What about the fact people from your generation have shut down industries all throughout the world, and then wonder why young people have no aspirations.
What about the different cultures all around us, yet aspiring to be part of one, or to like one, makes us "trouble-making punks" or even the individual who sticks out and claims to be different is branded as one to keep an eye on...

How about you start treating us like we're important, because we'll be cleaning up your mess for many years to come, just as our kids will likely be cleaning up ours... If I were to meet you, I treat you with the utmost respect, like I would anyone. But the second you start pushing on the "kids these days" schtick, I'm out. This is why people don't respect you. Respect is earned. Whether you're young, or older.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
none of us could endure the pressure put on the kids today that are bread to succeed pretty much starting at birth.

it's this that turns people into dicks and as always.. it's the parents that are to blame.

i remember a recent post.. something like.. "you need a college diploma in order to apply as a fast food cook at macdonalds". i am paraphrasing from memory but that is the gist of the post so yeah.. all these kids in college pretty much just taking a little extra time to inevitably fail and live with mom and dad once again while being jobless.

being successful is a persona.. before you are, you need to think you are and sadly thinking you're superior to others is a part of the process.

kids want to save the world but there's no money in it so most end up college educated welfare recipients.

thanks goes out to.. F'ed up parents, a F'ed up economy and a F'ed up government.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Going to the mountains? Probably a good idea.

I'd give you a lift but I don't want a negative attitude in my car sorry.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

edit on 8-4-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

What happened today to get you into such a quandry quagmire of anger

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
I am completely sick and tired of this generation of lack of respect and completely and utter disregard for other people around them. This egotistical self absorbed society of crap we are building for the future needs to stop now. Everywhere i go, everyone i see, everyone i interact with. People either think their smarter, better looking, clever, whatever it is they think they just generally think they are better then everyone around them. Where did this come from? Did this come from the everyone is a winner mentality? Did this come from parents not whipping their kids asses when they deserved it anymore? I dont get it! It doesnt even matter the bottom line is it needs to change.

Its time we start holding people accountable and calling them out on the spot for their bull# all the time no matter what. I am just so frustrated with interacting with people anymore i cant stand it. I am making it a point to move to the mountains and getting involved with a community of down to earth people who care instead of these jerks im surrounded by all the time.

God help us, we need change, and im not talking about Obama.

yes we do need change! starting with all women should look like you
that would make the world 10,000x better to live in

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It's a lot of things but mostly it is a lack of guidance from the parents with too much adoration and not enough disapline.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
I am completely sick and tired of this generation of lack of respect and completely and utter disregard for other people around them. This egotistical self absorbed society of crap we are building for the future needs to stop now. Everywhere i go, everyone i see, everyone i interact with. People either think their smarter, better looking, clever, whatever it is they think they just generally think they are better then everyone around them. Where did this come from? Did this come from the everyone is a winner mentality? Did this come from parents not whipping their kids asses when they deserved it anymore? I dont get it! It doesnt even matter the bottom line is it needs to change.

Its time we start holding people accountable and calling them out on the spot for their bull# all the time no matter what. I am just so frustrated with interacting with people anymore i cant stand it. I am making it a point to move to the mountains and getting involved with a community of down to earth people who care instead of these jerks im surrounded by all the time.

God help us, we need change, and im not talking about Obama.

You know what people think?

Or you assume this is what people think because of their actions?

Whats telling about your rant is when you say "I am completely sick and tired of this generation of lack of respect and completely and utter disregard for other people around them. This egotistical self absorbed society of crap we are building for the future needs to stop now. Everywhere i go, everyone i see, everyone i interact with. People either think their smarter, better looking, clever, whatever it is they think they just generally think they are better then everyone around them. Where did this come from?"

Answer, it seems to be you.

Be the change you want see in the world.

If this is the change you want, you already have it, look how many rant and complain how bad the world is.

Its all you and your perception, you choose to see the bad and that is what you shall experience.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My mother is 81 yrs old and as long as I can remember she thinks her s#@t don't stink.
She says and does what ever she dam well pleases and to hell wit how it effects anyone else.
If you tell her she is out of line she looks at you with a
face and says what ?
She could care less if she crushed your spirit in her process and will tell you Oh well.
She spends all of her socializing judging those around her/ compareing herself to them and
always desides in the end that she is so much better than all the rest. No ones opinion ever matters
but hers.
No empathy.
Never an apology
Doesn't think twice about lying.

I call it a form of "tunel vision"

She raised 4 children all of who have or have had, drug,alcolol,eating disorders,social problems
anger issues, complusive lying, sex addiction, critical depression and very low self-esteem.

We are al only products of what nurturing we recieve through-out our childhood development.
If machines are left in-charge of raising the children of the world you will in-turn get what they are given
as guidence to becoming adults.
edit on 8-4-2013 by azureskys because: spelling

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
2 timothy 3:1,4

But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy,unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good,treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by canDarian

I'm sure there are more passages like that. I enjoyed the read though thanks.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by n3mesis
i remember a recent post.. something like.. "you need a college diploma in order to apply as a fast food cook at macdonalds". i am paraphrasing from memory but that is the gist of the post so yeah.. all these kids in college pretty much just taking a little extra time to inevitably fail and live with mom and dad once again while being jobless.

Just googled it. It's true.

It was hard to believe at first, but I guess society had it coming with the huge inflation of skilled workers. Society is just taking one step lower down the drain. A bachelor for being a cashier at McDonalds? No wonder wars are eagerly starting and people are shooting each other and waiting for a total monetary and social collapse. Who wants to live in such a world?

Originally posted by n3mesis
thanks goes out to.. F'ed up parents, a F'ed up economy and a F'ed up government.

edit on 8-4-2013 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I don't think it's got anything to do with PC anything. The reason being is that to be PC is really to be polite and a lot of people just aren't that polite. Entitlement type of attitude? Not sure about that either as it seems like people have lowered expectations for the most part but man, they do find themselves as being so freaking important. It's not just any one generation either. It's all of them. I've borne witness to so many appalling interactions between people who would've/should've had a tie that lead them to be more compassionate. I honestly think that Einstein was right in that our technology is indeed surpassing our humanity. Once upon a time, people actually talked to each other, face to face. Now instead, you go out to dinner and everybody is whipping out their phones. Non-face to face interaction is the norm and if you look at interactions on the internet, you see some beautiful exchanges and some really very ugly ones. As much as we are becoming increasingly connected through technology, we're becoming increasingly disconnected.

Overall, people have always been a bit of jerks to each other. It's just that these days, people feel less drive to hide it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join